“decent jumping off point” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown

Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Florida
“decent jumping off point”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed a week for pleasure in this business class hotel. It worked fine for us since we spend very little time at the hotel and didn't expect many ammenities. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping in walking distance and the hotel is clean and modern. The staff was very friendly. The suite style rooms are perfect for a longer stay except bring earplugs as the air conditioner is noisy. It will meet your needs but no bar, small workout room, no restaurant just a small gallery. I would stay again since we just wanted a place to sleep and spent our days out sightseeing and various activities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for your candid comments and appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to hosting your stay again the next time you are here in Albuquerque.

Shehnaz mehta
General Manaegr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I think I have stayed at almost every property in ABQ trying to find one I like(or at least don't hate).
I think I may have found it. The property is 'Uptown' which means by the mall. While I typically like staying downtown the properties in downtown ABQ are bad (read my other reviews), so I have been looking elsewhere. There are several chain restaurants in the area, BJ's brewhouse, Buca, Chilis and some fast food options as well. Nothing outstanding but I can live with it.
The hotel itself is semi-new. The lobby is open with a bar and you can order food. There is a hot breakfast.
The room was large with a seating area and divided sleeping area. The TV is right between the two so you cannot get a great view from either side but its fine. The shower had good pressure, there was a fridge and coffee in the room. The closet was a bit weird but worked. The best part was the bed and linens. The bed is soft yet supportive and the linens were very soft and not scratchy as are the towels. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel as well which is very nice.
My fear is that there is a wall mounted AC/Heater *right next* to the bed. And I mean right next to it. It could be a nightstand. I didn't use it, but I could see if you needed to it would be very loud and make it difficult to sleep (which is after all why you need a hotel room right?).
All in all I will probably stay here again. It has a lot of good, much more than the other properties I have been using in ABQ.

Room Tip: Get a north facing room or deal with the afternoon and early morning sun. Also, I get weirded out by...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. we look forward to hosting your stay with us again.

Once again thank you for your comments and your business.

Area General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Albuquerque uptown in April 2013 for a business meeting. The hotel is located across from a shopping district with a lot of restaurants. It is mostly walkable, although some of the roadways are quite wide and busy.

This was my first time at a Hyatt Place brand, and while the overall experience was good there were some glitches. The room was well appointed as a mini-suite with a sitting area, desk, mini-fridge and bed. Problems with the room included slow wi-fi, a small closet that was partially blocked by the vanity counter, a very tight fit between the door, shower and toilet in the bathroom, and no microwave.

For hotel services, the breakfast had a good variety but the seating area and the front lobby are combined into one. Even the front desk and a lunch counter are connected. I suppose this saves on space, but it feels a little odd to be eating breakfast literally right next to people who are checking out of the hotel.

I'm still giving this hotel a "Very Good" rating due to cleanliness, service and other items under local control. If I had to rate the brand, I'd give it only three stars because I think Hyatt is struggling to find a fit between a full service hotel and an extended stay hotel, and it just doesn't quite work right now.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dotdty86
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forwrad to seeing you again when you are in Albuquerque.
Thanks
Lubbock, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I thought I would look at an alternative for a hotel close to my company's branch office and knew from experience that Hyatt Place Suites is nice. This hotel was just what I expected however be forewarned that if you have to cut your stay short (even if it is unexpected or unplanned) you will be charged an extra night's stay if you don't have a chance to let them know 24 hours in advance. There was no budging from the GM to reduce the price for that extra night either. She goes strictly by policy and doesn't take common sense into consideration. I had to leave 2 messages before she would even return my calls to discuss options. I filled out the review that Hyatt sends and all I got back was a form letter from the same GM saying she was sorry to hear about my situation but that she looks forward to my future stay! Never will I stay there again nor will I suggest that particular place!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
Ms. Ford:

Once again I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our Hotel and I genuinely would like for you to give us another opportunity to serve you.

General Manaegr
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

Part if route 66 trip,

Lovely new hotel, Very clean. Rooms included small suite with sofa and kitchen area. Large tv, wifi. parking, business suite, bar, pool, small gym. Good breakfast. Staff not particularly helpful and amazingly had no information or maps of Albuquerque and appeared, with one exception, to lack any real training in dealing with travellers' needs. Hotel within short distance of smart shopping centre,

Room Tip: Request high room, facing back, on right hand side for good view of mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that the staff were unable to assist you with Directions or maps of the area. They have all been trained on this so I will reiterate to them the importance of having information on hand and exceeding guest expectations.

Hope you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in Albuquerque.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

Great location, attractive hotel, quiet, free breakfast. However, my room was dirty. The sofa in the room and some of the bed linens had stains. This hotel would be great if they did a better job cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you so much for your candid comments. Please understand that this was the exception rather than the rule and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Area General Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

The internet service is so slow that I can not send emails or access any web based systems in a timely manner. The system also "drops" my computer for no apparent reason. Using the computer in the evening is almost useless. I was told it was because my room is a distance from their server. Seriously? The amenities are nice and the hotel is in a good location, staff are friendly and it is quiet at night. However, it is not a hotel for a person who needs to do work or wants to be on the internet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel, close to the computer server.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
I am truly sorry for the issues you experienced with the Internet I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. We do appreciate your business and would like to be your host hotel in Albuquerque.