“This hotel is average-but I did not have an unpleasant experience” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown

Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
Ranked #21 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Santa Barbara, California
“This hotel is average-but I did not have an unpleasant experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business because the event sponsors recommended it. The property is about a 15 to 20 minuet ($30.00) cab ride from ABQ Airport.
The lobby lay out gives a very cramped feeling due to numerous tables and chairs situated there. When standing at the registration desk people heading to the elevators are walking right by you, and negotiating the narrow “path” with a suitcase is not convenient. It seemed really crowded with three people standing in the lobby while checking in.
My room was fine and had a refrigerator, small wet bar area and a table. Drawback on the room was you cannot sit at the table and see the television (which was a really nice big flat screen with great picture) so the makes working on your lap top and watching TV at the same time impossible, unless you sit on the couch which is comfortable, but not conducive to working on the laptop.
Everything in the room worked fine, and AC unit kept it nice and cool in the room. As with all the “in wall” units it is noisy. The bed was comfortable and everything appeared to be clean.
I did not eat at the “Café” but did have breakfast, and it is pretty standard fare for what you find at business traveler’s hotels.
The upside is there is the huge Uptown Shopping Center right across the street. There is virtually any kind of food/shopping/chain stores/right there.
I would probably not stay here again, knowing that right next door is a major chain hotel (where I am a Diamond VIP) that has larger rooms and evening refreshments.
Overall I did not have a bad experience, but nothing stood out to make me take notice of anything either.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. We greatly appreciate your comments and will definitely pass this on to our Corporate Office. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you when you are in Albuquerque.

Ms. Shehnanz Mehta
Genral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Weslaco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many Hyatt Places hotels ( Gold ) and I've never encountered Such rude and lazy hostesses! I called and asked for extra towels and pillows and there response was to check the closet (which I had) and then she said to walk myself to the hostess station to pick up myself. They even put us in a handicap room without notification to us (not what we booked) we even asked maintenance guy for directions to the ice machine and he said they are on 3rd and 5th floor but since our room was on the first floor to ask the gallery hostesses and they could get some for us-after complaining of a bad back the girl not too happily helped us out. Wow! Never again-will stick to Hilton next time were we are Platinum members. Otherwise great location to shopping area and room was comfy...

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your feedback. This will assist in training our Hosts better on Customer service issues. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced during your last stay. Please understand that this was the exception rather than the rule and we hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that to you. Unfortunately the room you reserved was a King accessible and we honored the reservation.

Once again I apologize on behalf of my staff and will ensure that this does not happen again.

Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Love the area with tons of restaurants and shopping close by. The facility feels a little old, not sure what is was before, but Hyatt has tried to update to there Hyatt Place standards. The negatives are some-what minor, slow elevators, an A/C that makes funny sounds and not the best at cooling the room. Otherwise, it is a mirror image of 90% of the Hyatt Places that I stay at. The staff and service was good, overall happy with my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
Thank you for your business. We appreciate your feedback and will incorporate your suggestions and make some changes to our A/c units going forward.

Once again thank you and we look forward to hosting your stay again.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Uptown during the Memorial Day weekend. I've stayed at other Hyatt Place hotels in other cities and never had an issue of my personal items disappearing. I contacted the hotel's manager (Crystal) and said she would look into it...her response was "we have never had this issue before" ...I have a hard time believing this!! said she would check the door log and find out who went into my room the clean...( I called early Tuesday AM...it's now 4:45 and still no response)
I also mentioned that on the second day of my stay...the bathroom was never cleaned...one of the toilet tissue holders was empty..another roll of toilet tissue was place on the bathroom vanity...I guess I'm suppose to replace it?? She didn't sound very receptetive to my concerns.
all she could say was that they where sold out this weekend.
I plan to return to Albuquerque....but NOT to this Hotel....

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HyattPlaceABQAirport, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Rose D.,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with Hyatt Place. However, please note that while it appears that you recently stayed at Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown, this review has been left with Hyatt Place Albuquerque Airport. Please know that we will forward your comments to the appropriate hotel.
Regards,
Chad A., Assistant General Manager
Hyatt Place ABQ Airport
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed a week for pleasure in this business class hotel. It worked fine for us since we spend very little time at the hotel and didn't expect many ammenities. There are a lot of restaurants and shopping in walking distance and the hotel is clean and modern. The staff was very friendly. The suite style rooms are perfect for a longer stay except bring earplugs as the air conditioner is noisy. It will meet your needs but no bar, small workout room, no restaurant just a small gallery. I would stay again since we just wanted a place to sleep and spent our days out sightseeing and various activities.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for your candid comments and appreciate your business and feedback. We look forward to hosting your stay again the next time you are here in Albuquerque.

Shehnaz mehta
General Manaegr
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I think I have stayed at almost every property in ABQ trying to find one I like(or at least don't hate).
I think I may have found it. The property is 'Uptown' which means by the mall. While I typically like staying downtown the properties in downtown ABQ are bad (read my other reviews), so I have been looking elsewhere. There are several chain restaurants in the area, BJ's brewhouse, Buca, Chilis and some fast food options as well. Nothing outstanding but I can live with it.
The hotel itself is semi-new. The lobby is open with a bar and you can order food. There is a hot breakfast.
The room was large with a seating area and divided sleeping area. The TV is right between the two so you cannot get a great view from either side but its fine. The shower had good pressure, there was a fridge and coffee in the room. The closet was a bit weird but worked. The best part was the bed and linens. The bed is soft yet supportive and the linens were very soft and not scratchy as are the towels. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel as well which is very nice.
My fear is that there is a wall mounted AC/Heater *right next* to the bed. And I mean right next to it. It could be a nightstand. I didn't use it, but I could see if you needed to it would be very loud and make it difficult to sleep (which is after all why you need a hotel room right?).
All in all I will probably stay here again. It has a lot of good, much more than the other properties I have been using in ABQ.

Room Tip: Get a north facing room or deal with the afternoon and early morning sun. Also, I get weirded out by...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. we look forward to hosting your stay with us again.

Once again thank you for your comments and your business.

Area General Manager
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Albuquerque uptown in April 2013 for a business meeting. The hotel is located across from a shopping district with a lot of restaurants. It is mostly walkable, although some of the roadways are quite wide and busy.

This was my first time at a Hyatt Place brand, and while the overall experience was good there were some glitches. The room was well appointed as a mini-suite with a sitting area, desk, mini-fridge and bed. Problems with the room included slow wi-fi, a small closet that was partially blocked by the vanity counter, a very tight fit between the door, shower and toilet in the bathroom, and no microwave.

For hotel services, the breakfast had a good variety but the seating area and the front lobby are combined into one. Even the front desk and a lunch counter are connected. I suppose this saves on space, but it feels a little odd to be eating breakfast literally right next to people who are checking out of the hotel.

I'm still giving this hotel a "Very Good" rating due to cleanliness, service and other items under local control. If I had to rate the brand, I'd give it only three stars because I think Hyatt is struggling to find a fit between a full service hotel and an extended stay hotel, and it just doesn't quite work right now.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dotdty86
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business and look forwrad to seeing you again when you are in Albuquerque.
Thanks