“Ill prepared for Ballon Fiesta crowd.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown

Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown
Ranked #26 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
New Mexico
“Ill prepared for Ballon Fiesta crowd.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Arrived on a Saturday 1 day before the end of The Ballon Fiesta 2013. Disappointed in the price hike during the Fiesta $188.00 before taxes. One bed with a hide a bed for a group of 3. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast served till 10:00am. We were at breakfast by 8:45 and not much of a selection by then. Staff not able to keep up with the amount of people it had to serve. Property is in need of a renovation but the location can't be beat.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that breakfast was not up to par for you. Your commnets will help us provide better service in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Shehnaz Mehta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel was clean and outstanding. It is right across the street from great shopping and very close to I-40. The only problem I had was with the cable TV and the staff went way out of their way to get it fixed. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your stay with us again soon.

Shenaz Mehta
Los Alamos, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel itself was fine, although the elvators are slow and the in-room TV system is weird. Also, the in-room coffemaker had grounds from a previous occupant. The location is good with easy freeway access, and numerous shopping/dining options a short walk away.

I was there for several days on business and finished up early, so called the desk to check out a day early. I was told there'd be an early check-out fee, equalling one nights stay. My travel coordinator contacted them, and was basically told that, since theyre usually fully booked, they didn't care if they lost our business.

Hyatt Gold Passport member since '92, for all the good it did.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bruce E
shehnaz49, Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Bruce:

Thank you for your candid response. We do have an early out fee that is communicated to every guest when reservations are made. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. We hope to be of service to you in the future.

Shehanz mehta
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Albuquerque while on a cross country road trip so we could go up to Sandia Peak. Chose the Hyatt for its proximity. First time I stayed at a Hyatt Place and was delighted. Room was very spacious with a separate sitting area with couch and desk. Bed very comfortable. Hot breakfast included, with real eggs and fresh fruit. Front desk staff were very courteous and helpful

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank atreg
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear atreg,

Thank you for your comments regarding Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had a very pleasant stay. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt this past Friday &Saturday night.Starting off we had to wait an hr or so to get a room because their computer system kept going out, meanwhile other people were checking into their rooms right next to us.Friday night was perfect we had a great time downtown &enjoyed all Albuquerque has to offer, the bar was closed when we got back around 11:30 so that was a bit saddening considering it was Friday.Saturday we got back to the hotel around 9:30 to find some type of fraternity/sorority gathering in the ball room next door playing some type of ghetto dubstep shaking the entire wall of our room, as well as some summer jam festival going on in the park next door.Considering our flight left at 7 the next morning we were not very pleased.When my brother in law asked that we be moved they refused and it wasnt until I went down that we were finally moved to another room.Once we finally moved I decided to go to the bar in the lobby for a drink.The bar had a few people, maybe 12 at most, about 7 who were actually drinking.I sat for 20 minutes before being told that I'd be helped in a minute.Feelig excited that I was finally getting a drink I sat and watched as four other people got drinks 3, of which had come after me.After waiting another 15 minutes I finally decided to leave and return to my family/friends as it shouldnt take 10 minutes to make a long island ice tea, or service someone a shot which is what I was waiting to order (I work part time as a bartender/bottle service waitress, I should know).I then had my sister drive me to Belen to sleep on a friend's couch as I was pretty fed up w/the service the Hyatt has to offer.The location is great, the rooms are nice, but the Saturday night bartender should be fired.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank j_ro_4life
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. However, please note that it appears that you recently stayed at Hyatt Regency Albuquerque Downtown, this review has been left with Hyatt Place Albuquerque Uptown. Please know that we will forward your comments to the appropriate hotel. We hope to be of service to you in the near future. Thank you!
Santa Fe, New Mexico, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Clean comfortable rooms with great access to Albuquerque's Uptown Mall loaded with high end stores and great reasonable restaurants. The hotel staff was helpful and responsive. Although the restroom was small, the room was designed in a way that helped you relax and enjoy your stay. The street noise was a bit much and reached our third story room with ease; I would suggest that you request a north facing room to minimze the noise. If you like the casinos, the hotel is central to the City's three largest casinos; along with the casinos there are a host of other activies to keep you busy and happy during your stay. The hotel offers a free breakfest and a limited menu for guest that would prefer to stay in for a bite...everything seemed to be fresh. Although we only stayed one night, we would stay again. The most enjoyable part of our stay was the comfort of the hotel and the great locating.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for your response. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again when you return to Albuquerque.

Sincereley,

Shehnaz Mehta
Carlsbad, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed here because I was going to be using the car and leaving a teenager in the room for a day. For that the location was fabulous since he could walk to the mall and Uptown stores and restaurants. No major complaints except for the poor wifi, the breakfast was ok, the room was clean, the bathroom was tiny and I don't usually find that to be a problem so it must've been really small, but would only be a real issue if you have young children. The other issue particularly for children is that there are not many channels available on the television. Overall the hotel is ok but and more attractive than many hotels in Albuquerque but unless I really wanted to be right next to Uptown Albuquerque probably will not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are working on getting a better service for the HSIA and we understand how important that is in this day and age. Sorry you had to experience the inconvenience and we hoep you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Ms.Shehnaz Mehta