“inflexible management”

Ranked #19 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
El Paso, Texas
“inflexible management”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed one night in Albuquerque with the intent of traveling to Santa Fee then on to Colorado. When making the reservation in Santa Fe is sped dialed Albuquerque instead. Within minutes I caught my mistake and attempted to rectify the incorrect reservation only to be told that the Albuquerque management was inflexible and they would not cancel my reservation. Not only were they inflexible, the manager was not even present on the property and never returned my call. We have stayed in Hyatt Hotels all over the world and have never been treated to shabbily. I am very disappointed because when we returned to the hotel, we were given a smaller room with a very loud air conditioning unit.

Room Tip: Do not stay close to the elevators. These rooms are approximately two feet shorter than the normal...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
I am extremely sorry about the inconvenience you were caused and was not aware of the situation. We do adhere to our policies that have been set in place and I totally empathize with you.

Sincerely

Shehnaz Mehta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I've been trying now for three weeks to remove an extra $123.14 charge they made to my credit card (charges made by the hotel staff for any future expenses at the time of my stay / ahead of time). I've stayed in many hotels throughout the country and I've never come across this with something like this. When my wife tried to cancel the last day (she was told that she was going to have to pay for that extra day day regardless / policy that they have because they have a high occupancy rate according to the manager).
I'll have to go through the whole process of disputing the extra charge listed above by writing and waiting a few more weeks through my credit card company. It has not felt as a customer friendly hotel at all. I never write reviews; however, it's important for other potential customers to know this because of the amount of time I've used up trying to clear these extra charges. I Also didn't give the best marks to the room because the windows had to be opened it smelled had a smell of staleness (stuffed and not fresh at all). The Drury Hotel was so much better (Hot breakfast and supper and much better customer ethics).

Room Tip: The Drury Hotel is much better. Plus they have free Hot breakfast and supper included with your sta...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Berna M
shehnaz49, General Manager at Hyatt Place Albuquerque/Uptown, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for your response.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great budget hotel in a great location

Pros
Clean, large bedroom
Very helpful, nice staff
Located next to mall, restaurants and groceries - 2 block walk
Cons
Service level appropriate for a budget hotel
so so breakfast

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Large, clean, well-decorated room.
Very good, friendly service.
Good location near I-40, restaurants and stores, such as Apple.
Easy access from Interstate.
Reasonable pricing.
Breakfast choices were average/good.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Cheney, Washington
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We have stayed at the Uptown even before Hyatt bought and upgraded it because of location. It is still a prime place to stay because it is across the street from Uptown. Lululemon, Anthropology, Apple, Trader Joe's, Starbuck's, etc. but the rooms are becoming dated. The furniture is showing, and worse, feeling it's age. The internet is so slow as to be unusable, I went to Starbuck's... The people are nice and the place is very clean, just needs a total update! I want to come back, but I am looking for newer or updated places to stay.

Room Tip: Looking South is always better.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for you candid comments. We will pass on your comments to our Corporate Office. We have just completed a very big Internet upgrade and I have had great reviews on that from all our customers.

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Personnel at the front desk were very friendly upon arrival. They even offered a quick review / walk around of their amenities. They even called me once I arrived at my room to ensure that I was satisfied with it. The location is great as there are numerous shops and places to eat right across the street.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JJ_77Traveler
Thank you for your kind comments. Please come back and visit us soon.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I arrived late (1:30am) for a quick rest on a long trip- greeted by a polite & professional young man who efficently checked me into a room (even offered me a room with a nice view on the 17th floor, which I appreciated!). Decent room rate, too...The rooms were clean and comfortable, but for me the highlight was the gift shop!!! I never visit the gift shops when staying at a hotel, but this one was very nice... had everything I needed (souviner wise) to bring home to my family. Nice place to stay- would definetly stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Shehnaz mehta