Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge Midtown(Albuquerque)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsclean roomsparking lotwould stay here againconvenient locationeasy accessfront desk staffroad tripbreakfast rooma great place to staynew mexicocomplimentary breakfastthe room was nicenice staybed was very comfortablefresh fruitwafflesold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed here for a weekend conference. Gentleman who checked us in on 3/28 was very welcoming and made our staff laugh the entire weekend. Went out of his way to assist us. Morning agent was lovely as well, and breakfast was convenient. Rooms were clean and in good shape, however the AC could have been a little better. Hotel is in a convenient location in relation to interstate exits as well as the Uptown Shopping area. Not too far from the University.

1  Thank Kerry S
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you, iseektoknow it mean a great deal when we get a review from a senior member of tripadvisor, you travel often. We have our chief engineer looking at all A/C units in the hotel, it will start to get warm, thank you for the great review.

Hotel Phone: 505-837-9300
email: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Leaving Flagstaff, Arizona and spending about 4 1/2 hours on Interstate 40 we entered the city of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The sun was setting and the city was glistening. As we arrived at our destination the Hampton seemed as if it was on top of a small mountain. My tom tom told me to turn right and make a U-turn and the Hotel was on the left. Duh I turned right and made a U-turn. I Didn't do that again.

Check in was swift and the desk clerk very efficient and told us where to park and where the elevators were located. We had some cookies upon checking in-always a nice touch. The room was very clean, bathroom spotless and the bed dreamy comfortable.

We were only spent going to spend one night at this Hampton Inn go to Roswell and then spend one more night here, but we felt like so at home so we modified our itinerary to spend 2 additional nights here after coming back from one night in Roswell, New Mexico.
Breakfast was very good as usual at the Hampton Inns with a decent variety of choices. Hot oatmeal, cold cereal, waffles, pastries eggs and bacon or sausages sometimes gravy and biscuits. Free Wi-Fi for Hilton Honors Gold members

They always had cookies in the early evenings. The pool/hot tub was closed for yearly maintenance, but we didn’t mind that as we would be busy visiting the ABQ Zoo, Sandia Tram and riding the New Mexico Rail Runner (meep meep)!

The only one negative thing I would have to say about this Hampton Inn is that you can hear some road noise coming from the highway. That was not a big deal for us. And I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iseektoknow
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you, iseektoknow, Pensacola, Florida. A 5 Star review we can't ask for anything more you made our week for us. Thank you for such a great review you made our staff very happy today, we all work to make sure all guests enjoy our hotel.

Hotel: 505-837-9300
email: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Pros: friendly and helpful staff; excellent value/low rates; good location (convenient to I40 and close to downtown ABQ); free breakfast.

Cons: no noise insulation in between the rooms; décor is outdated; carpets looked worn.

If you're looking for a no frills hotel in a good location with low prices, this is a good choice.

1  Thank JE and JA D
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you, Jon D. we do thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we are happy that you enjoy your stay and will be back.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My company was staying at the Hampton, we had several rooms booked at the hotel, we stayed an extra night as we wanted just to relax. My wife's car would not start, a gentlemen asked my wife if he could help out. He gave my wife a jump start, this is a new car, but she had a problem with it. The man helped her out.

She ran into the same man again in the breakfast room, he again asked her if the car was ok and and how the stay at the hotel, she asked if he worked at the hotel, he said I work in sales. My wife was impressed with him, we had our two grandchildren with us, he gave us some water for us to take to the zoo. The man is Joe Gallegos, the Director of Sales the same person who had our company stay at the hotel. He is a true gentelman.

Room Tip: Room on the upper floow and ask for Joe
1  Thank sam_white35
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Good day, Sam, thank you for the kind words, the entire staff has a passion to make sure all guests are taken care of, we hope you return and thank you again.

Hotel Phone: 505-837-9300
emai: joe.gallegos@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Well it was Mach in New Mexico and my annual visit to The Pitt on the campus of the University Of New Mexico. Every year In travel to take in as many high school ball games as possible, this year three teams won state in their divisions from my home county (Chaves). As usual the staff was outstanding, after three ours on the road, I can always expect a snailing face at the Hampton Inn Midtown. The staff is awesome and if I had to I would pay for their free breakfast. During this trip my wife became ill, and the staff went out of their way to make sure we made it to the nearest E.R. I give them five stars.

Room Tip: Try Rudy's BBQ accross the street.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin B
oakland620, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn University Midtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for your support, Kevin B, more important we wish the best for your wife.