“Outstanding service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Northern Virginia
“Outstanding service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

What stood out during my stay at the Doubletree was the service. Everyone I dealt with on the staff from the bellmen to the receptionists, to housekeeping, room service and restaurant staff were friendly, helpful, and always smiling. The hotel looks nice inside, but despite what seems to have been a fairly recent facelift, they couldn't completely hide the older infrastructure, notably the thin walls in the guest rooms. The fan on the air handler in my room was loud - like sitting in the back of a jetliner loud. Of course, turning it on at night masked the noise from the street, hallways and adjacent rooms. The 27" standard def CRT televisions could stand to be upgraded. The bed was extremely comfortable. Plenty of hot water in the bathroom. Wi-fi worked well most of the time for email, web surfing, and streaming audio. Elevator wait times were minimal. One great feature that I must have missed in the hotel write up (but others have pointed out in these reviews) is that it is physically connected to the Conference Center right across the street via an underground hallway.

3 Thank mtc87
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments mtc87! It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you’ll visit us again; we’re in the process of installing 32-inch flat screen TV’s in our guest rooms and suites. We appreciate you choosing our hotel, and again, hope to see you return.

Best regards,

Gus Luna, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

We were in NM for a conference for work and stayed at the Doubletree. The hotel is a little older but has been updated nicely. The best part about the hotel was the service!! The whole staff was extremely accommodating! A definite when staying in Albuquerque!

2 Thank Zinn54
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thanks very much for your five star review Zinn54! It’s our number one goal to impress every guest, every time, and I’m so glad we were able to provide you with the service you deserve.

Take care,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel in the past and have never received the level of great service I just received. Wow was I impressed. I stopped staying at this hotel due to the service issues and I’m glad I decided to give The Double Tree another chance. I have to make note of the excellent service I received at check in. There was a young lady by the name of Stephanie who attended to me, along with her manager Rene. I’m impressed with the service I received from the both of them and want to make sure they are recognized for not only making me feel at home but reminding me that great customer service is still out there. Thank you, this does not seem to happen often any more. Keep up the great customer service. I’ll see you on my next business trip to Albuquerque.

2 Thank Larry A
Dear Larry A,

Not only am I excited that you gave us a second opportunity to wow you, but that your experience inspired you to sign up on TripAdvisor and write your first review about us! Thanks very much for recognizing Stephanie and Rene, they were absolutely thrilled when I shared your comments with them. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we all look forward to your next visit.

Best,

Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

Great hotel where I have stayed for the USA Track and Field and NCAA indoor national championship meets that I officiated. The service is great, cookie at check in, safe and secure with clean, fresh rooms. The staff was great and they shuttled not only to/from the airport but also took me to Old Town and back. I often stay and economy hotels when I travel on my own dime, and this hotel is definitely way more than economy. I am not sure on the price since my stay is paid for by the meet sponsor (room is my compensation) so I am unable to comment on that. The breakfast buffet in Oja was excellent.

Room Tip: Facing east you can see the mountains in the distance. My most recent stay was on the 14th floor and...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank robertocollins
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear robertocollins,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us! I hope you enjoyed your visit to Old Town, there’s so many things to see and do in that area. I have to agree about the beautiful mountain view, I never tire of seeing it and am glad we were able to accommodate you with a room where you could enjoy it too.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I hesitated to stay at this hotel because of some of the bad reviews online. However, this hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise!

- Staff is courteous although a little slow to follow through with requests. For example, when I called and requested housekeeping, the woman told me she would call me back but never did.

- Rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. There is a large flat screen TV, a clock/radio that has an aux-in if you want to play your music, a coffee/tea machine, a desk, iron, closer, drawers, etc. We stayed on the 11th floor and had a great view of the mountains.

- The bathroom is clean, bright, and well-stocked.

- Breakfast buffet is a little weak but acceptable, and I never had any other meals at La Oja. Room service fare was not that great, I would suggest avoiding room service unless you are

- Service at the bar and "Starbucks" was mediocre. The "Starbucks" staff didn't seem to know any drink requests outside the basics ("skinny vanilla latte" or "two-pump hazelnut" made them confused).

- The location is pretty convenient. Very close to the convention center and the Hyatt.The dining options near the hotel are limited, unless you're willing to walk several blocks. Central ave is a couple of blocks away, which has several bars and restaurants.

Overall, I recommend this place if you're looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay near the convention center or the Hyatt.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank xtush
ConcordHospitality, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
I appreciate your review and recommendation xtush! All of your observations and comments are valuable to us, both the positive and those that indicate we can make some improvements on. I plan to read your review to my team at our next staff meeting to better address some of those areas of opportunity to improve.

Take care,

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I just returned to this Doubletree for a second stay and enjoyed it both times. Location is good downtown, although a short walk to most restaurants.

The parking lot outside is weird in that its sometimes staffed, but not all the time. Somewhat confusing.

Rooms are pretty standard - I was in a corner room both times and it was quiet and I got a good sleep. Bathrooms, however, are set up poorly and are small. I like to leave the door open while showering so it doesn't get so hot in there, and this is hard because of the set up. Water pressure was kind of meh, but it did the job.

The gym is decent. I just noticed on this last trip that the tiny pool outside the gym is actually an endless pool if you turn on the jets. Why isn't that featured more prominently somewhere?

Breakfast buffet is limited and more like one you would find at a Hampton Inn. Service there was somewhat slow. The bar has always been empty while I'm there and service was quick.

All in all, its a decent hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank SFpol
Dear SFpol,

Thanks very much for coming back to stay with us a second time! We appreciate your business and that you took the time to share your experience.

Looking forward to seeing you next time,

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Extremely nice gym! Room service food was excellent for a hotel! BUT.....Bartender was not very good. She left the bar for 5 min unattended, so took a while to get a drink. No cookies were offered (Double tree is known for that). Both nights had brown and sandy water coming out of shower and sink. Towels were no longer white, appeared discolored and ready to be thrown out. Overall seemed old and not well managed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kelly m
Dear kelly m,

Thank you for candid review; please accept my deepest apologies for each of the negatives your experienced. I’ve recently assumed the role of general manager here at the hotel and can assure you that I’m taking your review to heart and each issue is being addressed. I hope this isolated experience doesn’t prevent you from choosing Doubletree in the future, your business is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,