“Where's my cookie?”

Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Mabelvale, Arkansas
“Where's my cookie?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have been to Albuquerque on many occassions and this was the first time I stayed at the Doubletree.Yes it's true, I didn't get my cookie at check-in but really no big deal. The stff, for the most part were five star and always willing to help. The room on the other hand left a lot to be desired. It was dated and it's time to fix it. Otherwise I look for two things in a hotel room: the bed, the shower. The bed was ok. The shower was scary. It took a long time for the water to heat and then the temperture would vary during a shower. Lastly, the water that did come out was a dribble not a stream much less a torrent. Not all bad due to staff but facilities suffer deferred maintenance indeed.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Edmond, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

In Albuquerque for a conference. The Doubletree is connected to the Convention Center where the conference was held. My reservations were messed up but the front desk finally straightened them out, so I thought. Took another trip to the front desk to get them straightened out. Room was good, but I found a soft mattress to be too soft. Didn't sleep well for any of the nights I was there. They offer upgrades when you make your reservation and I did ask for a mountain view; they charged $8.56 a night separately from your regular bill. Problem is that the mountains were off in the distance and there was a big building in the way. So, I would suggest bring binoculars or do not request the view as it is not really there. The staff were friendly. The free shuttle ot/from the airport and Old Town is a plus. A sleep function on the remote would be a plus if there was one.

Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

We were in Albuquerque for a conference and had a wonderful experience at a Doubletree. The staff were all friendly and helpful for all our questions and needs. We were fairly unfamiliar with the area and their help made a lot of difference in our stay. One of the best things was the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to anywhere within about two miles. We used it a lot and although it was free, we always tipped the v-e-r-y pleasant drivers about three dollars...which was much cheaper than a cab, more pleasant, and very convenient. We also enjoyed the bar, restaurant, coffee area, etc. I mentioned the staff earlier: I don't know if I have EVER experienced more polite, respectful, and helpful folks in a hotel. I forgot to mention that the room was great...roomy, big tv, nice view, good pillows, etc. Look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Our room was really dark at night, which we like a lot. It was either 815 or 816 in a corner of the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Tom S,
It's great to hear from you. We're glad you stayed with us at Doubletree Hotel while attending a nearby conference. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed our property and especially liked our friendly, helpful staff. Good to know that you liked our complimentary shuttle service as well and found it helpful for your local travels. We're glad you had a great experience here at Doubletree, and we hope to see you back here again soon. Thanks again.
Nacogdoches, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

Traveled on business (training at conference center), but had a little time to play. The hotel room itself is OK- some items were a little worn and looked outdated. The bathroom is small, as in must open and close bathroom door to do anything in the bathroom (and not sure why since there was room to make it bigger and bedroom smaller). Surprised since this is business hotel that there was not a safe in the room. Bed was comfortable and room/bathroom was clean, good desk with plugs, fast wifi and nice view out my room of mountains. Free shuttle to and from airport and old town Albuquerque (although need to make reservations ahead of time). Had no issues checking in, but a couple of times I came into the hotel and there were major lines to check in with only one person at the desk. Did not eat at hotel except for free breakfast (with hotel status)- decent but not wonderful. Lots of restaurants over on 4th street heading toward Central and Gold streets. Especially liked Gold Caffee for dinner (slow service though) and Q burger.

Room Tip: Some rooms would have mountain view, which is nice, if you are on a higher floor.
TravelTexan1,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Doubletree Hotel. We appreciate you staying with us while on business. I'm glad you liked our hotel and received good service from our staff. I hope you enjoyed your time in Albuquerque! Please plan to visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed for one night on business. The hotel lobby looks nice and the room looked updated. However, there were problems! Here is the list:
First the bed cover did not look clean with Pet her all over it, and they don't even allow pets here. I had to call three times and had to finally talk to the front desk manager for someone to come and change it. A few times calling the front desk it rang for ever and no one picked up the phone. That is not acceptable.
Second: The shower head was broken with water coming out in all direction from the back of it. I had to call again and wait for 30 minutes for someone to come and change the shower head.
Third: Looking into the vent in the bathroom, it looked very dirty and seems mold growing inside. It looks like that it was not cleaned for many years!
Fourth: They have nice high definition flat screens in the room, but not a high definition signal!
This hotel needs improvements - big time!

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in downtown. The convention center is close by. The hotel restaraunt had a good selection and it was reasonably priced. The Cobb salad was very good and included bread. The rooms are updated but still have old feel to them. The lobby had a piano player playing for dinner hour. Work out room was good. 2 orbital machines, 2 tread mills, two stationary bikes and free weights. Central ave is a 2 block away for other restaurant choices.

Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
dottopilot,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. I'm glad you liked our hotel and especially the Cobb salad! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Manhattan, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I stay in about 8-10 hotels per year due to business, and this was probably the best hotel stay I have ever had. Every staff member, from maids, concierge, front desk, to restaurant, seemed like they really loved their job. Everyone would stop to ask if everything was alright and if I needed something, and they ALL seemed genuine. I cannot say enough good things about my stay. LOVED it from beginning to end and was sad to leave.

Room Tip: Make sure you add breakfast to your room rate. It is a great value and very good!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 12 March 2013
Bettie W,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Doubletree Hotel Albuquerque. We appreciate you as our guest, and we're glad to hear of your wonderful visit with us. We do our best to provide personal service in a professional manner, so I'm delighted to hear that you felt well taken care of and enjoyed our great staff. We're glad you loved your visit, and we hope we'll see you again soon. Thanks again.