“Ver friendly staff and great view from our room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #29 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Sseattle, WA
“Ver friendly staff and great view from our room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews for this hotel, I was a bit concerned about staying there. Our great visit started with a complimentary shuttle van ride from the airport and ended with the same going to the airport when we left. The shuttle will also take guests to any place within 3 miles of the hotel. This is a great service and allowed us to enjoy new places for supper.
The front desk and bell staff were very friendly and helpful. We were concerned about the room we were assigned as it was across from a noisy ice and vending machine. We asked for a change of room before we moved into our assigned room and were given one in a much quieter area of another floor. We slept fine even with a family with two young children in the room next to us. The warm chocolate chip goodies given on our arrival were great also. There is a computer station with a printer in the lobby that can be used by guests.
Only negatives - food that was suppose to be hot was only warm on the breakfast buffet counter. We were early to the breakfast buffet so timing was not the problem. Perhaps a microwave that guests could use would help this. There is an omelet cooking station so those were hot. Other negative was a small and not very attractive swimming pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and the ice/vending machine room. The shuttle service is a g...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
It is fantastic to hear that your stay was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our amenities, but more importantly, our staff. Each member of our team strives daily to provide exceptional guest experiences. I will be sure to share your feedback with the team. Our shuttle makes it easy to explore the area, so we hope every stay is full of such positive experiences and discoveries.
Best,
David Smith, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Nashville, TN, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall I would rate my experience at the Albuquerque Doubletree hotel as 'Very Good'. Positives: The staff at the ABQ hotel is great, absolutely professional in every aspect of service. Concerns: I had 2 experiences that caused me not to rate this experience as Excellent. 1. Parking. I came in late one night around 11:30pm and the parking lot had a 'FULL' sign at the entrance. Ther Front desk rep told me I had to park in the underground parking across the street and 2 blocks down under the civic center. Not the best experience at 11:30 at night. There is a parking lot directly across from the lounge entrance to the hotel. I stringly recommend working out a deal with the owner so hotel occupants can use this area as overflow parking. 2. My second concern was with the lack of water pressure for the toilet. My room was on the 14th floor and although there seemed to be adequate pressure for the shower the toilet required you to hold the flush handle down till all the water in the tank was gone if you wanted a clean bowl.

Dear Richard,
Thank you for your thoughtful review. While I’m sorry to hear that parking was frustrating, I’m glad that your stay overall was enjoyable! We thank you for your compliments regarding our amenities, but more importantly, our staff. Each member of our team strives daily to provide exceptional service. Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve future guest experiences. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
Best,
Albuquerque, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you for accommodating me with such a short notice. I would recommend this establishment to any of my friends and family. When I visit New Mexico again, I will be sure to reserve a room here. I really appreciate the well-trained staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know you enjoyed the level of service we provide. Thank you especially for recognizing the staff, I will be sure to share your kind comments. We look forward to seeing you next time you’re in the area!
Kind Regards,
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel a week ago and was pleasantly surprised at the clean, nicely appointed rooms and the hearty breakfast (omelets made to order are a step above what I'm used to) but the big thing was the personal touches. The front desk upgraded me to a larger suite with no issues or upcharge, and the staff helped my family and I find a decent place to experience "New Mexican" food on a Sunday after 5pm (no easy feat).

When we returned this week for a second stay, the neighborhood had burst a water main and the whole hotel had no running water. Desk manager CARLEE made heroic efforts to ensure my family and I had a trouble-free stay and has won my loyalty for sure!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review and recommendations of our great hotel and wonderful staff. I’m pleased to hear that our staff’s excellence in service exceeded your expectations and made for a truly fantastic experience. We have a great team comprised of dedicated associates that genuinely care about providing each guest with an exceptional stay. I’ll be certain to pass along your compliments to Carlee and our team. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel offered airport pickup. The driver was waiting for us, and very cordial. The front desk staff was quite receptive and helped with my special request. The room was quiet and clean. The air conditioning nice and cool. Comfortable bed with plenty of pillows. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BradJack
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Our staff makes sincere hospitality their priority. Incredible reflections like yours give us areas to improve our guest experience. Thank you for your time in reviewing your experience, and we hope to host you again soon.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good solid place very friendly staff. For a family nothing that stands out-- a good business hotel. Downtown closes down at night and given how hot Albuquerque is this would be a good time to take things in,

Room Tip: ask for Mountain view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Travelanne2014,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your family’s visit to Albuquerque, we appreciate your comments. Please stay with us again if you’re ever in town for business.

David Smith, General Manager
Thoreau, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent service - I love the cookies Vending Machine on 6th floor would not accept dollar bills. Everything else was excellent. Except the noisy people that came in after I had gone to bed. If you want this review to be a minimum of 200 characters, put a character count total on here!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
David O,

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel, we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Albuquerque.

David Smith, General Manager