“Nice hotel by conference center. Not near Old Town!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque

DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque
Ranked #28 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boulder
“Nice hotel by conference center. Not near Old Town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely room although small. Very clean and well appointed. Friendly and helpful staff. We were on 10th floor. Panoramic views and flashing lights in the distance from police headquarters. Very quiet. Hotel blurb says it's near Old Town but it is several miles away- definitely not walking distance!

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our modern rooms and panoramic view. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I appreciate your kind remarks.

David Smith, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Doubletree is ideally located close to downtown ABQ easily within walking distance to the restaurants, bars and theaters residing there. Its clearly an "older" hotel and the furniture in our two room suite was a little dated but fully functional. What it made it a great stay besides the location and value was the staff, friendly, professional and very helpful. I believe it was "Rob" the main. guy who opened my beer with a screwdriver when there was none in the room - I hope it does't get him trouble! The woman who worked the Starbuck's concession was cheery and very helpful in that she recommended some drinks my wife had never tried. The restaurant staff for breakfast each day were great too, and the buffet great. And when I left my chargers in the room after I flew out "Michael" at the front desk quickly retreived them. The parking is actually a value for a downtown hotel. I really have no complaints, it was a great stay - another return visit is highly likely.

Room Tip: All the corner rooms can be expanded into full or junior suites, ask for one of them.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted you took the time to share your kind review; we value your comments. It’s wonderful to know your stay was enjoyable. I appreciate you recognizing our strengths while providing us some areas of opportunity for improvement. I will share your kind remarks with Rob and Michael. Nothing would please us more than a return visit.

Warm Regards,
Newton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel in general - good quality, clean and friendly.
Restaurant - good food, nice staff.
Bar - Wish it was open for lunch but great dinner. Food was wonderful. Happy hour was fun. Monique was the bartender and she was busy but on top of everyone - their order, their needs and general friendliness.
Thanks, Elisabeth G.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Elisabeth G,

We are delighted to hear of the comfort you experienced at our hotel. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our amenities. Our associates are the key to providing our guests with a satisfying stay. I look forward to sharing your kind remarks.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed on 15th June during which a water main outside the hotel burst (not the hotels fault) what it meant though is that we had filthy brown water for the whole of our stay. The hotel did......nothing. They didn't tell us what was going on, when the problem would be resolved or even offer free drinking water. When we complained at check out, we were given the usual pathetic response by the manager - "I wasn't here, I've only just arrived" After complaining further we were offered a free night for the next stay. Our next Hilton hotel was in Vegas and the manager said they would call ahead and arrange compensation/free night. When we arrived in Vegas, they knew nothing about it. To then add insult to injury, they've not only charged me full price, but also charged me some 50USD extra - probably for complaining!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room was nice. The parking is expensive and the car spots are too small. My car actually got damaged by the car parked next to me. The restaurant in the lobby forgot our order. People , who came 15-20 minutes after us were being served. When we asked what happened to our order the lady said the kitchen staff forgot ours. They comped the dinner but it was still a bad experience. Hence the title: could be better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Gyula C,

Our team understands and believes that our valued guests deserve a positive memorable stay. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room. My apologies for your experience in the restaurant. I appreciate you taking the time to write; these reviews allow us to continually monitor and improve our guest experience.

Las Vegas, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We ended up staying here because (I'm frugal, ok) I got a groupon which ended up letting us pay $65 a night for a queen room. Well, while the Doubletree is a pretty hotel, they definitely gave us the groupon room. We were smashed into a corner with connecting doors to not one, but TWO other rooms. There was a strange chair crammed into the minuscule room in front of one of the connecting doors, making it appear as though it served as a sort of barricade. The walls are so thin you can hear word for word conversations from rooms next to you, people in the hall, and even from the pool which was visible though our window but was two floors down! Whaaaaat??
Also, had to pay $8 a night to park in their lot, weekend rate, people! Had to request a crib two times before it finally appeared around 8pm our first night, cutting it close for bedtime for my 20 month old.
I will add that the bed is super comfy, the a/c worked great, and the towels are glorious! Would I stay here again? I just don't know. Maybe for the right price. ;)

Stayed July 2014
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for acknowledging that our beds were comfortable and our towels glorious even though you did not find our accommodations to your liking. We appreciate our guests taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback both positive and opportunities for improvement. I hope you will give us another try.

Gillette, Wyoming
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for my husband and daughter for a very large concert festival. It was an all day event that started before checkin time so he called ahead and told the hotel they would not be checking in until after the last show at 11:00 pm and was assured it would not be a problem. After a very long day in the sun, they arrived at the hotel only to find that they had given their room away.
The only saving grace was that after my husband asked what they were supposed to do the hotel did arrange for them to stay at a sister hotel (embassy suites) across town. While that kept them from being completely stranded, it was certainly not convenient to have to wait for a solution and then drive somewhere else when they were exhausted. Doubletree's ridiculous extra compensation for the inconvenience was to hand my husband a letter that gave him a free three minute phone call at embassy. What a joke! Who doesn't just have a cell phone?

I should have just the made reservations at Embassy Suites to begin with like I always do. This is what I get for trying something new. I won't trust this hotel again and likely not any other Doubletree. I recommend that if you do, you make backup reservations. Doing business in a way that makes your customers feel like they can't depend on you is terrible. Shame on them.
I gave them two stars ONLY because they did facilitate a solution with the Embassy Suites reservation; but we paid full price and that free three minute phone call means nothing to us as I suspect it means nothing to most. The room should have been comped as this hotel was 100% at fault. Screwing up is acceptable but handling it in such a lame way does not impress me much.

1 Thank frequenttravel34
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
We sincerely regret your experience; it is never our intent to relocate a guest. I feel an explanation is due in response to your comments. We had a bus tour that occupied 30 rooms. They did not depart due to their vehicle needing a repair and stranding them at the hotel for 2 additional days. As soon as we realized this put us in an oversold situation and we contacted our sister property to make sure our displaced guests had accommodation. I understand its no consolation but should you give us another try I will personally oversee your accommodations. I’m sorry we disappointed you.