The Hotel Blue
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$178
US$160
Days Inn & Suites Airport Albuquerque(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$70
Econo Lodge Old Town(Albuquerque)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$149
US$163
US$152
Official Site
All reviewstempurpedic bedold townconvention centerstarbucks coffeefree shuttledowntown albuquerquecentral avewafflesfree breakfastan older hotelflat screen tvwaffle makershuttle servicefridge and microwaveairport shuttledirectvrazor
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I'm not the type of person that usually writes reviews, but our stay at The Hotel Blue was so good, that I had share my experience with others! We were in Albuquerque for the balloon fiesta (which should be on anybody's bucket list, by the way). While the hotel itself a little worn, don't let the tired exterior keep you away. The service is top notch! Jason at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful--he even let us have his own employee parking spot after the parking lot was completely full. Talk about customer service! The beds were tempurpedac and sooo comfortable. Breakfast was great (sausage, eggs, waffles) and started at 4 in the morning. The only downside is that the hotel actually didnt have ESPN..even motel 6's have espn. but, other than that, an really wonderful stay! Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing downtown for a really good view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We were in Albuquerque for the balloon festival and since everything was booked up, we ended up staying at Hotel Blue for 2 nights. It was quite pricey which I can understand because of the balloon fiesta but the room and service was quite bad. The shower room was getting blocked and the receptionist did nothing to fix the problem. The breakfast room had no space to accommodate everybody staying at the hotel. Though the location is great, stay away from this hotel if you can.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
soonill, General Manager at The Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review on your recent stay. I apologize that you did not have a pleasant time during your stay at the hotel blue. We immediately respond to maintenance issues reported to us by our guests, I am sorry that your issue was not fixed during your stay. On our busy days, we expand our breakfast area to the patio on central avenue and to a meeting room adjacent to the breakfast room, the breakfast area should not have been an issue.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed in this hotel years ago, so I thought I would take a chance and stay again. What a mistake!

First the pro's........decent location downtown, the beds are very good

The cons........just about everything else. Noisy, unattentive staff and CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

They do not pay to have ESPN on TV in the rooms. How cheap can you get.

Plenty of other choices in this city, take them.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your review on your recent stay. I am so sorry that you found the hotel going downhill compared to your last stay, but we have continuously made many improvements over the years. Central Avenue sometimes get noisy, but we will be changing all the doors, locks and weather stripping very soon for better sound proofing. We have Directv premium package where you can enjoy over 200 channels (HD) with more choices. All our staffs take pride in their jobs helping our valued guests. I hope you will give us another chance.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Pros:
1. Contemporary lobby that looked recently renovated.
2. Nice pool with a water-fountain.
3. Friendly and efficient check-in.

Cons:
1. Filthy, and I mean filthy rooms. Urine stained sheets, spots in bathroom, streaked countertops.
2. The public areas seem recently refurbished, however, room corridoors and and bedrooms are in desperate need of renovation. The Motel 6 is a Ritz Compared to this place.
3. Stained and dingy exterior corridoors.
4. Paint chipping exterior doors of the bedrooms.
5. Very limited breakfast selection.
6. Woke to the smell of natural gas in my bedroom on my first evening there.
7. In a very sketchy neighborhood, across the street from a park filled with druggies at night.

In summary, please spend your money elsewhere folks. This place is a high-rise roach motel that is filthy and in a sketchy area of Albuquerque.

I really do not understand all of the positive reviews, I was booked here for 6 nights, and left after my first night, thus loosing money for the following 5 nights. I do have to say, it was well worth my lost money to get out of this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review. I apologize that your stay was not a pleasant one at our hotel. All our rooms are double checked to ensure high level of hygiene and cleanliness. Our housekeeping staff take pride in their jobs of providing clean rooms to our guests. A call to our front desk would have solved the problems ( if there was any) right away. It is an old building and we are in the process of renovation; we will be changing the doors and locks very soon, but we keep everything clean and in working conditions.
We only charge for the nights you stay, and there is no penalty at all for early check out. Please give me a call at your convenience to discuss about the charges made to your card and to discuss about the problems.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We arrived at Albuquerque airport and stayed one night at the Hotel Blue. It is just about 10 minutes drive from the airport. The hotel has a big gated parking lot. The room was big, the bathroom rather small. Although the carpets in the hall and the room doors look a bit old and need some renovation, the room and the bathroom was ever so clean. The beds were certainly one of the most comfortable we slept in on our journey. Wifi was free. There is a refrigerator in the room. If you ask you get free bottled water at the front desk. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel has a very nice outdoor pool with trees around it - very inviting to take a swim! Breakfast was lovely and included in the room price. The hotel is near the Old town. We will definatley stay at Hotel Blue again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family