“Expensive for the amenities”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #70 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
“Expensive for the amenities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had to stop at this hotel on our way to Texas. The room rent was around $100. We have requested for a non-smoking room. However noticed that one room has smoking smell. As we checked-in very late we didn't bother to talk to the front desk. There was stinking smell coming on our way to the 2nd floor.

Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is ok. Not great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sbendapudi
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear sbendapudi,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are glad you liked the breakfast selections we offer. We would like to apologize for the unusual smell you noticed and for any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Woodville, Texas, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The room was very small. You couldn't sit a the desk and have someone walk behind you. The bathroom was a 5by4 room with a bathtub and toilet. You couldn't shut the door unless you step into the tub. There was an air conditioner under the window that was next to the bed. The room for the breakfast was small no room to move very unpleasant . The room was clean but very small. The price was about double the prices around this area.

Room Tip: Room on the east side away from the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Robert T,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Versailles, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family and I went to visit my parent in California, on our way to California we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Albuquerque NM June 2014. We had such a great experience at the holiday Inn, that we decided to stay there again two weeks ago from June 2014/July 2014. One of the reason we stayed there again was due to the great hospitality and professionalism of your staff. The rooms, breakfast bar, swimming pool and the hotel in general was extremely clean. The manager ( I don't remember her name) was extremely professional and helpful. My family and I want to thank you for the great experience and the hospitality. Thank you again, from the Chaney Family.

Room Tip: No changes
Norman, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here 1 night on our way back from Las Vegas. I read the other reviews after we booked the room. This is not a typical Holiday Inn Express. It must have been built as a motel, and then converted. The rooms are fine, but the layout is more like the old Holiday Inn from the 1970's. The bathtub and toilet are in a very small room, and the sink is outside in the bedroom. The room seemed clean and did have a microwave and refrigerator. Staff were friendly at check-in and check-out. The wifi was great. The breakfast was a typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast. There are restaurants and a Target within walking distance. It was easy to find off I-40.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were carrying our dog on this trip so we were looking for pet friendly Hotels. This Hotel had a nice pet walking area. The Hotel was clean with nice beds and pillows. It served a nice hot breakfast. It had a nice refrigerator and microwave. The location was close to I-40, that made it nice to get back on and continue our travel to Fort Smith, Arkansas. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling with their pet. You enter your room from the outside which made it nice for our dog walks.

Room Tip: With pets the bottom floor is best. Choose room near pet walking area.
1 Thank dwhite610
West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was an overnight stop for us on our way cross country. This hotel is in a good location (close to I-40) and had very clean and comfortable rooms. There are several restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The hot breakfast buffet was good and well stocked. The hotel is also pet friendly as we were traveling with our dog. Great choice for an overnight stay!

Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was a little bit concerned when I pulled up and discovered that this was not a typical Holiday Inn Express Hotel but was in fact a Motel. But, the rooms were actually very nice. All of the typical things you would expect from the chain: great shower heads, fridge, coffee maker, microwave and a VERY comfortable bed. I was just passing through so a motel would do fine- It was a great night’s sleep and that’s all I can ask for. The staff was friendly and they had cookies in the lobby!
The layout of the hotel was a little confusing and I never did find that elusive ice machine but hey… It was a convenient stop and I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor- I never could find an elevator so you may end up dragging your luggage upsta...
1 Thank William K