“not the best not the worst”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Mattoon, IL
“not the best not the worst”
Reviewed 25 June 2007

No elevator....... everything is kinda cramed around this area.
curtains didn't close correctly, so anyone walking by the room could see in. Air conditioner was set to one temperature, I like cool rooms and it just wasn't cool enough for me, I slept with out any sheets, so I am sure who ever looked in enjoyed themselves.

• Liked — front desk
  • Disliked — air conditioner controll
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 5 June 2007

Convenient because it is just off I-40 AND near restaurants. Often you pull into a motel and find there is nowhere to eat without getting in the car and traveling again. But there were numerous restaurants we could easily walk to. I recommend The Owl Cafe, right next door to the motel, which is a classic diner style w/ good prices and excellent food. Clearly there were numerous locals eating there at both dinner & breakfast - always a good sign.

• Liked — convenient location, access to restaurants & I-40
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
jduran2016, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, 22 March 2016
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. Our goal is to deliver exceptional service and comfortable accommodations and we appreciate your business with us. It is nice to know that the room amenities are up to your standards and the location of the property is convenient to your needs. However, we regret for the inconvenience the noise levels from the roadway may have caused you. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be addressed to the management for review, in order to meet our guests' comfort and satisfaction.

GM

JIMMY, D
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 30 July 2006

I usually have good luck with Holiday Inn Express, but this location was pretty lousy. I chose it for its close proximity to Sandia Peak mountain biking trails. While I was waiting to check-in, I overheard the night manager happily telling a guest that "no", she couldn't have any towels, because she doesn't have access to the linen room after 5pm (of course, she's only the manager). Our room was dim and shabby, complete with a temperamental air conditioner -oh, and it was short two towels! There were exactly 4 flat pillows on two queen beds, which we've come to expect from this chain, so we bring our own. The continental breakfast is all bread products. The pool was filthy, hot tub was cold, no towels (again). The fitness center was functional, with an old universal pac crammed into another stuffy room with two treadmills, two climbers and a broken bike. Good points: The location is far enough off the freeway to be quiet. The queen beds were comfortable. The housekeeping staff made up the room quickly. The lobby staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Liked — Comfortable beds
  • Disliked — Overall dingy and run down
  • Tips/Secrets — Look at the surrounding hotels, couldn't be any worse, probably cheaper too!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank azengebretsons