“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown

and 1 more site!
Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown
Ranked #66 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
santa rosa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

Rented 4 rooms on the 24th of August. Upon arrival we paid for our accommodations. We got to our room 304 3rd floor. The carpet had large stains on it as if they had been there for some time the bathroom floor had stains on it. Our son's room 302 also had stains on the carpet but by the bed, underneath the carpet on the feet of the bed on the left side, was a hole or indentation big enough for me to place both my feet in it. You can't see it unless you step on the right place. We were in town for a wedding and we were ready to leave for the reception went to call the other rooms to see if they were ready to leave. Well the phone did not work at all. So I went down stairs to the lobby to tell the clerk that the phone did not work. He said that the other clerk would come back they would take care of it. I said fine. He said that the motel was up for renovation and it needed lots of work. So thinking that it would be fixed when we came in later that morning. We left to our function. We got back about 1:30/2:00 am. Went to bed. The smoke alarm started to beep. Went to call front desk and the phone did not work. Had to get dressed and go down to the 1st floor to tell the clerk that the alarm went off and the phone did not work. Told him possibly the battery needed replacement. He said I will go check. We went back to our room. He showed up about 5minutes later. Tried to fix it couldn't so he disconnected it and said it would not make any more noise. He said you need anything else call . We went to bed about 10minutes passed. It started to beep again went so we got on the bed and took it part and placed it on top of the television consol. We were not never offered to change rooms. We were just so exhausted by that point.
We never did the breakfast missed it.
I just want to say if this is a Wyndham motel. It is BAD. Those rooms should have never been rented out in those conditions. No one should have to stay in a unit like that.

Room Tip: The location is not bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
JasonA769, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Nancy C,
On behalf of myself and the team here at the Baymont Inn & Suites we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced. As you know we are undergoing full renovations. We are doing our best to get this done in a timely fashion. I have brought it to my teams attention about the phone line as well as the stains on the carpet. I will make sure that these items get fixed. I would also like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention so those problems can be addressed. If you do find yourself in the Albuquerque area please stop by to see our progress on our full renovations. Please ask for me and I will be happy to show you some of the new things we have done. I would also love to provide you and your family with a dicount on one of our newly renovated rooms. I thank you for your time and understanding.
Maricopa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was fine for the price. Fresh fruit could improve breakfast a whole lot.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family