“Okay for one night”

Ranked #72 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Tulsa
“Okay for one night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

My sister and I arrived here late on a Sunday night. We were travelling from Los Angeles, CA to Tulsa, OK. We were totally exhausted when we arrived. They were supposed to have our information which was faxed in and we were supposed to get a discounted rate. They couldn't find our information. Upon checkout, they tried to charge us 3 times as much, but finally the manager got it cleared up. The hotel itself was okay. The lobby area and hallways smelled musty, but thank heaven our room was fresh and clean. We went straight to bed and the beds were comfortable. The A/C unit in the room stopped working during the night. Not sure if it was on a timer or what. The continental breakfast wasn't bad. Pre-made bacon and egg biscuits, cereals, fruit, toast. On the back wall which wasn't immediately within eyesight was a place to make belgian waffles. So it was a good quick breakfast for on-the-go. I didn't particularly care about the surrounding area. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

There are two parts to every hotel stay: the facility and the service. This hotel didn't deliver on either.

I stayed here one night passing through town so only spent a total of 12 hours in this hotel, but that was plenty.

The hotel is older, but they have updated the rooms I believe and adopted a very bright / funky / modern color scheme for the rooms. I stayed in a King room and the walls were so bright white it felt a little like a hospital and gave me a bit of a headache. The bathroom was nice and things like water pressure worked well. The phone in the room was broken and the TV would go in and out so if I was staying longer I would have switched rooms.

The elevators are slow and I tried to use the hotel computer/printer in the lobby, but it wasn't working. The location is next to the freeway, but not really walking distance to anything other than a convenience store and the other hotel next door that has a restaurant. I left too early in the morning to see what was offered at the complimentary breakfast.

In terms of staff I had a problem during check-in because the clerk was unable to find my reservation. The main reason? He was busy talking to another employee while also trying to type. He told me 3 different times I didn't have one - even when I presented the confirmation number - and just stared at me like, "well, I can't help you so what now?" This is very unusual for a Marriott property - I typically find their staff to be great and properties to be just okay - the opposite of Hiltons. Finally someone else had to come over and help him / relieve him from the computer so he could continue his conversation with the 3rd staff person about their upcoming weekend plans. It took me nearly 25 minutes to check-in and I was the only one in line.

I didn't have any other interactions with staff so he's the representation I got.

Based on the rooms and the staff, I say skip it. There's lots of hotels in Albuquerque.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

This is a very nice little Hotel. It was a little tricky to get to, but was convenient to everything we wanted to do. The room was very clean. The young lady who checked us in, was very pleasant and helpful. I would certainly recommend this property to someone who wants a nice hotel at a reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was a little apprehensive about staying here when I first arrived because of the location and it seemed old. However, my room was very nice, modern, clean and the hotel was very quiet. The breakfast had a variety of choices and was really good. I would Definetely recommend this hotel for anyone just passing through. It's also around the corner from the main hwy I25 and I40.

• Stayed April 2012
Midwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

The Fairfield Inn in Albuquerque has exactly the same decor as other Fairfields, so if you've stayed at one, you know how this one looks. The rooms were clean. The breakfast ends at 9:00 a.m. on weekdays, so we did not partake of the breakfast. No coffee or other beverages are available after breakfast ends, which was disappointing. Other Fairfields we have stayed at provide hot coffee all day. The walls of the motel are very thin and the housekeepers are VERY loud. It sounded like they were having a party in the hallway. The housekeepers knocked on our door before 8:00 a.m. to clean our room on the day of our checkout. All in all, just a poor to average motel experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Flora Vista, NM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed here because of a conference hosted by the hotel complex here. The hotel is attached to a Crown Plaza (formally a Hilton) in one large complex. I have stayed at both properties and after my stay here I personally would not pay the money to stay at the Crown Plaza. The rooms at the Fairfield are pretty good size and the beds were very comfortable. Plus there were modern touches to what is otherwise an older hotel that included a LCD TV. It has been very well maintained and was very clean. While the recent remodel next door yielded rooms with a more modern and luxurious feel to it the Fairfield was every bit as comfortable. My single complaint is a lack of refrigerators in the rooms.

The expanded breakfast included microwavable breakfast sandwiches and fruit cups on top of the now everywhere make it yourself waffles. The area was large and set up conveniently so that even with a large group of people trying to make it though it was easy to get to what you wanted fairly fast.

The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I had to check in a large party with reservations under several different names and the front desk people stayed professional and friendly through what turned out to be a very long tedious process! Very nice property and would be high on my list of places to stay again in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We wanted to stay close to Old Town for the history, shopping and restaurants. This hotel was within a 10 minute drive of Old Town and had moderate rates. The room was not as large as some in other hotels but we had a king bed and the decor was very attractive. Check in was easy and friendly. Stayed in room 313 facing the back parking lot and expressway but room was very quiet overnight. Breakfast in morning had many choices and was a good start for the next day drive to Santa Fe. Would stay here again if visiting Old Town Albuquerque.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple