“Certainly Different from More Fairfield Inns” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area

Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area
Ranked #72 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Huntsville, Alabama
“Certainly Different from More Fairfield Inns”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

The hotel is older and not at all like any Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed in. The buildings facade had a decided Southwestern flair. The lobby was a little complicated and there was a warren of rooms - I counted four. This hotel had cookies at the front desk in the evening but my husband got the last one when he went inside to check in at around 1830. He didn't offer to share it with me - how sad!!
The hotel is sprawling and you might get a room that is quite a hike from the lobby area. Ask for a room close to the lobby if that is important to you. There are two elevators at opposite ends of the hotel but they could have used more due to the overall size of the place. Our room was very large with plenty of space for all of our bags. It had typical Fairfield Inn decor and was clean enough. I loved the small balcony overlooking the courtyard. We had a refrigerator but no microwave. The bed itself was comfortable but the bedcovers (comforter) were too light. I felt like all I had was a sheet on top of me. We had to turn off the AC entirely as we were just too cold and, as expected, woke up during the night miserable and had to turn the AC back on. Management might consider investing in slightly more substantial coverlets/comforters. The hotel seemed well insulated and there wasn’t much noise problem except for the unthinking guests slamming doors and talking in the hall after 10:00 p.m. The main complaint I had was that the internet did not work well at all while we were there. We were told at check in that internet would be spotty but it was more like non-existent. Apparently this was an area wide problem. All I know is that I could not get anything done. Breakfast was OK but nothing impressive. They had sausage and eggs (no sausage gravy) and the waffle maker made very hard, tasteless waffles. They might want to adjust how long the waffles cook and consider a different brand of batter. They had greek yogurt which was nice and a bold coffee choice that I really, really appreciated as most Fairfield Inns have very weak coffee.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AGoingGal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Santa Maria, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lobby is lovely and staff was very friendly upon check in
We did not get any cookie upon check in as another reviewer noted recently
Bed was comfortable and pillows were good.

However, the towels were awful! They were very tiny and threadbare, something that I would expect to find at A very low budget motel not the Fairfield!

I liked having the bill under my door in the morning.

Good breakfast buffet complete with yogurt and hard oiled eggs among all of the items you would expect.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mariam T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area.

You indicated in your response that your stay with The Fairfield Inn by Marriott was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction.
We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel at 505-889-4000.

Mariam T.
Barstow, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Marriott never disappoints and this hotel was no exception. From the friendly staff to the great tasting breakfast it was all great. The room was spacious and clean. We had a handicapped accessible room with roll in shower and handheld showerhead. The bed was very comfortable, better than my own. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for our daughters 5th birthday party. She wanted to have a pool party with all of her friends. It was a beautiful day at the outdoor pool. The service of the Fairfield Inn employees were amazing. I would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. Clean, friendly, and a great value!

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Rooms
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I Was traveling for business and stayed the night at the Fairfield inn Albuquerque university. It was 7:00 pm when I arrived and I was a bit tired and hungry. The hotel was clean and there was no fee for parking. The parking seemed safe and my vehicle was never tampered with. I checked in easily but found the following challenges.

The good:
*Check in and out were fast and painless.
*The room was spacious and a good product.
*The front desk had fresh baked cookies!
*The front desk staff was professional, responsive and kind.

The bad:
*Very little to no access to food. I arrived on Sunday and all food business's were closed save the bar at the crown plaza which ignored me after looking at me and acknowledging my presence.
*It also appeared there were very few restaurants inward walking range.
*The hotel is located in what appears to be an industrial location, which is not inviting to walking exploration.
*The internet, wifi, is inconsistent at best.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dmortuus
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We trust the Marriott brand to offer well appointed rooms, comfortable beds, and good breakfast choices. We also trust Marriott's to provide a safe environment. All this at a reasonable price, regardless of the age of the property.

We were pleased with the indoor pool and hot tub, and the convenience of dining at the Crown Plaza (although we didn't take advantage of it). We were less than pleased with the towels and bedding. The comforter was so thin that I initially thought it was missing. The towels were so threadbare that you could see through them, and there were multiple holes. Just thought that it wasn't up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HulaSueR
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We live about 200 miles from Albuquerque, and always stay here when we have business in town.

I do a lot of traveling around the nation, and this Fairfield is far above average from other Fairfields. There is a pool Jacuzzi, both indoors, and a larger than average size exercise room. However this property is unique in that it is connected to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. You have an outstanding restaurant – the ranchers club – in the other hotel. There are also two very good bars in the hotel, the Crowne Plaza, walking distance! The hotels are connected and you don't even have to go outside.

The location is great if you're traveling. At the intersection of I 25 and I 40. Keep in mind however there isn't much to do within walking distance.

If you want a quiet room, go to the top floor interior room.

They offer some very good discount rates, so be sure to ask for AAA or other discounts you might think you could get....

Stayed July 2014