“Do Not Stay Here Untrustworthy Maid Service !!!!”

Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area
Ranked #70 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
new mexico
“Do Not Stay Here Untrustworthy Maid Service !!!!”
Reviewed 10 December 2009

My Husband and I stayed here December 7th and 8th, our stay was pleasent until, we noticed our room had been cleared out with out our knowledge. Random belongings and toiletries went missing, along with my WEDDING RINGS. The Manager and front desk people were very helpful and seemed to be understanding, but the executive housekeeper seemed to not give it a second thought. We've filed a police report and are hoping that mabey someday someone else won't have to go through the loss of very precious priceless items.
I will never stay there again and recomend that if any of you all out there stay there please keep your valuable possessions on your person at all times!!!!
It's really sickining that people can still keep their jobs and commit a fellony at the same time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank chasNewMexico

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2009

We picked this hotel as we arrived in Albuquerque and needed a place to stay for one night before traveling to Phoenix, where we planned to stay at a resort for a week. The Fairfield Inn was o.k. The rooms were o.k. too. The pillows and towel's had a sour smell. The buffett was not good at all. In the name of complimentary breakfast they are serving all expired products. All frozen and refrigerated items are expired on September 18, 2009 and they are still in the freezer for guests on December 2009. All foods milk, yogurt, sausage and biscuits, everything is expired. I doubt whether the breads and other bakery items they lay out are good? Kids are eating those foods they don't even have any concerns. When we informed the front desk person he says, Thank you, I will inform the Manager. They can just provide the room and close the breakfast area if they can't provide a good food. I am not sure how many of them noticed the label before eating anything. I luckily saw that day as I never see these things normally. Hereafter, I am going to notice everywhere. Beware of this place. Please don't stay here. Spread the words.... I am definitely never going back there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Kcaroll
Canton of Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 July 2009

We made a reservation based on the location of the hotel. On arrival the receptionist was really rude. He simply didn't talk. He was checking us in whilst being rude down the phone to someone - call it multitasking! The room was very shabby, the keys didn't work, the a/c sounded like a tractor, the fitness center smelt of toilets, there was no service at breakfast, when items ran out there was no more. There was nowhere to sit. Never again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank diddlina
iowa
Reviewed 1 July 2009

We did not have a reservation, but stopped for a room and it was very nice. Staff was very nice and friendly. We had not had supper and asked if we could order out and have it delivered. The desk clerk, looked up the phone number and dialed it for me. Our food was delivered in approximately 15 minutes. Parking was right outside our window in a well lit parking lot. Continental breakfast was very nice, the area was a little cramped and needs to little larger. Overall very pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Willow Grove, PA
Reviewed 8 June 2009

On our last day of a 12-day New Mexico vacation, we wanted to stay in Albuquerque in a convenient lodging that would allow us to get to the airport easily for our 6 a.m. flight the next morning. But, we also wanted to stay near the central part of the city so that we could visit Old Town and have dinner in Nob Hill. The Fairfield Inn met all these requirements.

The inn is standard issue low-rise (two floors) hotel, but it is fairly new, it is exceptionally clean, and the rooms are commodious, quiet and pleasant. The bathroom was a little small, but it was very clean and well-stocked.

We asked for an east-facing room when me made reservations so that we would face the courtyard and the enclosed swimming pool rather than the freeway, and the front desk staff got the message and had our room ready when we arrived an hour early. Our room was quiet and the bed was excellent.

When we visited in May, the swimming pool was enclosed and heated. (The enclosure looks like it could be removed in the summer.) The pool area also had a hot tub and a well-equipped fitness center.

Albuquerque is a small city, and few places are very far from the airport. Nevertheless, the hotel's location is excellent (though a tiny bit hard to find; follow the hotel's excellent directions), nestled in the northeast corner of the interchange of I-25 and I-40. It was very easy to get on either freeway to go north-south or east-west, and the airport is only a 10-minute drive south on I-25. Old City is a ten-minute drive west on I-40. Ample parking is free.

The Fairfield is immediately adjacent to a Hilton high rise (in fact, they share the swimming pool), and the Hilton has a restaurant (we did not eat there). The Fairfield Inn provides a free breakfast, but we checked-out too early to sample the fare.

In summary, the hotel provides a very good value in a convenient location. It's nothing fancy, but unless you're trapped in your room by a day-long thunderstorm, who comes to Albuquerque to be cooped up in a hotel room, anyway?

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scott_McCandless
Central FL
Reviewed 30 September 2008

convenient location, to airport, interstate, and albuquerque attractions. breakfast was a surprise as it had the traditional bakery, cereal, and drinks.... but also a waffle maker, microwavable breakfast sandwiches, and boiled eggs. we had NO issues wit parking or cleanliness. free USA today each morning... yay!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco
Reviewed 20 August 2008

MARRIOTT FAIRFILED INN Room was crawling with cockroaches. I killed a few and went to bed. Woke up in the morning with insect bites all over my body. I notified the front desk and was told that I would be moved to a new room by Noon. 12 hours (and 2 broken promises later) I still didn't have a new room. I left and found another hotel (HILTON) which I found to be much friendlier and accommodating. I didn't have a reservation and was checked in and had a key to a beautifl clean room within 2 minutes. This compares to waiting at the MARRIOTT FAIRFIELD INN front desk for someone to get out of their office and then go through a laborious painful exercise of assigning a room and making a key and greeting me wtth a blank stare when I inquired about my packages.

MARRIOTT FAIRFIELD INN Staff was disinterested from the moment of check-in. Packages and messages were sent to me three days earlier and upon arrival I was told I had no messages or packages waiting for me and was told they must be at the Hilton. The following day, after hours of searching (because DHL had signed confirmation, the materials were located. No apology, no concern that the ball was dropped. If it hadn't been for the Hilton banquet staff, the packages never would have been located or delivered to me. Hilton hotel staff was GREAT. Hilton and Fairfield Inn are adjacent to one another and both properties lodge guests while the event is held at the Hilton banquet and meeting room facilities. The packages were located by HILTON employees at the MARRIOTT FAIRFIELD INN.

My advice, stay next door at the Hilton, which is a much better property. Cost is identical. These hotels are not in an area condusive to good eating and most decent restaurants require a 4 or 5 mile cab ride. Travelers might consider renting a car in order to avoid being dependent on margin able cab service. $20 cab ride from the airport to the hotel.

Don’t be fooled by the lure of free breakfast at the MARRIOTT FAIRFIELD INN, it is all pre-packaged and microwavable; it is full of fat, grease and not that tasty.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bugs and Insects - Free Breakfast all you need to do is keep it down...it is so bad
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aliveinsf
ABQFIGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Albuquerque University Area, responded to this review, 12 September 2008
In response to the guest complaint. This guest was handled with an extreme amount of care and concern. The guest was given the opportunit to move to another room immediatly while we reviewed his room concerns. Upon review by our professional pest company, there was no indication of bed bugs of any type in his room. This guests main objection was the location of his room as he chose to wait for a room with a King bed and due to our full occupancy we were not able to accomodate his needs until 3pm.Upon advising he was moved to a second floor room, he became beligerent and shouted derogatory comments to our desk staff and proceeded to throw his keys at our front desk associates additionally, his derogatory comments to our security officer and other guests led to his removal from the property. The guests he encountered experessed their concern with his behavior and wanted to be placed away from the guest.

Our hotel takes great care to ensure all of our guests needs are met. However when guest becomes beligerent and uses derogatory comments, at this point the hotel must do what is necessary to ensure the entire hotels safety.