“Highly recommend” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Melbourne, Australia
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

When checking out I was asked by staff what they could have done better during my stay. I thought this was a fantastic question because it was action-orientated. These guys really wanted to keep the service here up to standard. I thought hard about this but the answer truly was, NOTHING. Not a thing. This place was clean, perfectly located, inexpensive, and cosy. I would stay here again in a second. Thanks to Elena and the management here. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RichmondRed

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Ukiah, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

The Econo Lodge Old Town is the perfect example of a property making the most of what they have, proving that inexpensive doesn't have to be cheap and sketchy, and giving significant value to their guests. The place is also very well located to many of Albuquerque's interesting attractions. We had a comfortable pleasant stay. If you have to have big lobbies and high rise vistas, then this isn't your place, but if clean comfortable and friendly at a good price is what you're looking for, then give this a try.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jim W
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Accommodations are typical for a 2 star motel but I'm giving it a 5 for the beyond the call service during the Balloon Fiesta. The front desk will help you get tickets for the transportation or admission to the Fiesta. They also start serving breakfast at 4 am to accommodate the early Fiesta goers. Had a small problem in the room and the operator said I'll be there in a minute.
Also, a 5 min walk to Old Town and a couple minutes drive from the freeway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris T
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for its price and its location to the Duke City Marathon start line. The room had a jetted tub which was nice after the race. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was pretty good. The room also had a microwave and fridge which was convenient. The location is also convenient to Old Town and many restaurants and right on old Route 66. For extra fun, stop at REI for some walking tour brochures, a couple of which are within a couple miles of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jill103
La Plata, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Econo Lodge Old town Albuquerque stands out for its super breakfast. They have several hot options, including sausage, scrambled eggs, and gravy and biscuits. It also has a wide selection of pastries amid the usual continental breakfast offerings. Location is optimal---right next to Old Town and I-40.

Our room was large with a sofa, coffee table, mini-fridge, and microwave. The tub had jets, though we did not test them out. The sofa upholstery was a bit worn and the fixtures were dated, but the room was clean. FYI, Econo Lodge Old Town does allow pets, and we heard a dog barking early one morning. We were near some smoking rooms, which we could smell from outside the door, but our room did not smell of smoke inside.

It's worth mentioning the friendly service at check-in. Nice folks. They also have an indoor pool and hot tub, and they offer bikes for rent. All in all, a great motel for very affordable rates.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tiffy_Bird
Where ever my 18 wheels roll
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Our semi broke down in Albuquerque. The dealership handed us a business card, stated they'll come get you and walked away. (Honestly my 1st thought was does it rent by the hour)... A gentleman picked us up, on the way to the hotel, we were given a tour of Historic Old Town. We had our dogs and he pointed out the cafe that allows pets to join you when dining on the sidewalk tables.
Entering the property, I wasn't impressed, it's small and didn't seem to be a good part of town. The following morning, I discovered I was stranded here for several days and decided to make lemonade out of my bushel of lemons...
Went to the front desk to extend my stay. They had an amazing breakfast! Waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, sausage gravy & biscuits, fresh pastries the bakery dropped off, not pre- packaged frozen stuff, a basket of fresh fruit, I could go on & on about breakfast!
I inquired about a ride to get more clothes out of our truck, I only grabbed an overnight bag, not expecting to stay a week. A little old man pulled up, turns out his daughter was the new owner. He was so sweet, they are from Romania. I had to empty my fridge, locate winter clothes, needless to say I took awhile. He was so patient, helped me with my cooler & bags, out of the truck and into my room.
After getting refreshed, my husband and I decided to stretch our legs & go for a walk. Quickly realized we are on historic Route 66, it's truly sad what the interstates did. I discovered we are in a great area of town! The Aquarium and Botanical Gardens are 2 blocks west and border the Rio Grande Park. We found extremely well maintained bike, jogging and separate walking paths. We strolled south towards the zoo, they have duck ponds, very relaxing.
Returning from our stroll, I stoped to smell the roses in large planters all over the property. I noticed all the large rocks were actually benches.
Everyone here bends over backwards to ensure your stay is pleasant.
After my initial judgement, I discovered I couldn't have been more wrong.
I feel like I'm in a B&B, part of this lovely family and look forward to returning for pleasure!
I felt very secure walking around, I mistaked the 300 yr old history for being a bad part of town.
The sidewalks roll up early, but if you look hard, you can see the grand place this once was. Think of the Pixar movie CARS, you will feel like Lightning McQueen. After you get over yourself, you will fall in love with the charm of Route 66 and the people!
Ps. The rooms are clean, beds are great, pillows are fluffy, love the water pressure and everything else!
Give this nugget a try and soon you'll realize it's a true gem!
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank USXNan
Concord, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed there 3 days for the Balloon Fiesta this year. The staff was very helpful with the arrangements for the Fiesta. As first timers to this event we would have missed out on several very important aspects of visiting the Fiesta. First of all, don't take your own car to the event. We passed miles and miles of cars lined up to park there. The hotel staff told us to take the park and ride buses and were they ever correct. They also opened their breakfast at 4AM to allow for an early morning departure to the fiesta. Hot air balloons require low temperatures and calm winds usually found in the early morning. The staff told us how to get this done and we were just blown away by the event and have some awesome pictures to show for it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family