“Cozy place w/ kind staff & breakfast”

Econo Lodge Old Town
Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Cozy place w/ kind staff & breakfast”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This is a great little Econo Lodge in the heart of Old Town Albuquerque. The staff were friendly, especially the ladies at the check in desk. They also serve a killer breakfast that goes well beyond your standard continental. They have wifi, nice TVs, microwaves etc. All the amenities you need and at a great rate!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Goldenpar72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

It was a wonderful experience! The front desk lady -Cristina - is the nicest person I have ever met! Everything was just great!
The rooms are very clean, staff very nice and friendly, hot buffet breakfast, indoor pool. For this price, a great place!

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Amboy, California
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a decent place to stay. The room rates are very affordable and the staff treats you very nicely. The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are clean. The free breakfast tastes OK. The surrounding area is not that attractive; but at least it's within walking distance to the restaurants and shops at Old Town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarryHendo
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband & I drive a truck tor a living. This means we have stayed in various motels across the nation. Recently our truck broke down in Albuquerque NM. We stayed at the Econo Lodge Old Town. They were great! Clean rooms. Nice people. Hot buffet breakfast. Indoor pool & spa. Close to shopping. They turned our breakdown time into a great experience! We highly recommend them!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bracebridge, Canada
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Under "new management" the outside sign says, and I guess there must be a reason why. At any rate I could see that my room had been recently painted, and there was new tile laid in the bathroom. The room was clean and bright. It is very close to Old Town. It is an easy walk from the hotel.
Check in was no problem. I have a Canadian Choice Privileges card, and the front desk was kind enough to let me pay cash, saving the exchange fees using my Visa.
I stayed during the off season in December, so the hotel was not busy. I had a great nights sleep in my comfortable bed, and it was pleasantly quiet. The hot morning breakfast was well laid out and I was very happy with it.
It's not fancy, but based on my one night stay and the price, I would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: I got a second floor room. You'll have to carry up your luggage, but I prefer being away from th...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank James F
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Econo Lodge is one of those places that generally runs cheap, close to where I need to be, but not always up to my 'in and out' traveling standards. This place is clean, the new management goes all the way to make my stay comfortable, they extend allowances on check out times. They are always right there when I need them....helpful, friendly, courteous, kind...just like the Boy Scouts used to be. Old Town southwest corner is a block away...and the Albuquerque Old Town Square is a much better traditional square than Santa Fake.

Room Tip: They are pet and smoke friendly
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nofaces
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My wife and I decided to stay here after reading all the great reviews on TripAdvisor. However, our experience was far less than what we hoped it would be. Upon arrival, we were behind four other customers waiting for a room. That was OK, but the very kind young lady at the counter was all by herself. She had one phone call after another, and it seemed that everyone on the phone was more important than those of us waiting for a room.

The Pros:
I will say that the room was a nice size. It was clean, and the bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was very good.
The Cons:
The television was small, but what was really disappointing was that the picture kept scrambling and we must have missed 25% of the shows we wanted to see.
We could hear through the walls.
The parking lot was dark. I saw a light poll in the middle of the lot with 2 flood lights on it, but they never came on.
At check out, I told the young girl we wanted to check-out. She printed out my receipt, handed it to me, but never said a word, or asked how how our stay was.

Because the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, with a good breakfast, I would not say "Don't stay here." However, I can not see how this hotel can be rated this high for Albuquerque. We will continue looking.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple