“Great deal for the price”

Econo Lodge Old Town
Ranked #12 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked perfectly all the time (which is more than what I can say for some hotels that are twice the price). The staff were friendly too.

The walls are a bit thin, so there's occasional noise from the folks next door, but that didn't bother me.

The location is good if you want to check out Old Town Albuquerque, it's also walking distance away from the museum of Natural History, and there's an aquarium just down the road as well. If you're from out of town like me, the 66 bus goes straight down central and is only $1 per trip (or $2 per day). So, a very inexpensive way to get downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristopherMurtagh

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the Econo Lodge for 6 days. The rooms are clean, comfortable and come with a minifridge and microwave, which is cool. They are also pretty spacious. The internet connection is flawless! For those of you travelling for business, you'll really appreciate that. It's a short (4 min) walk away from Old Town, where there are great restaurants. Its a 6min walk away from the Albuquerque Hotel, so if you're in town for a conference (as I was) then it's a 3rd of the price and only short walk away.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, king size bed. 112. This was a great room. Spacious, clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TheEdResearcher
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Well I had a scheduled operation that was supposed to last 3 days so we had to stay the three nights. I guess the rule has some meaning when they say never judge a book by its cover.
My husband and I had checked in about 11am and the room was very clean. I was surprised to see that the appliances all seemed new. There was a flat screen, microwave, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The fridge actually pulled its weight and kept all of our drinks and left over take out nice and cold :)
The bathroom was spacious. The sink was right outside the bathroom. The only complaint about the bathroom was they have not converted the shower heads so the water shoots straight out. And our tub did not seem to drain as quickly as usual. No biggie for us though.
We went for breakfast the first morning and I was shocked to see such a variety! Biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, potatoes, yogurt, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, and fresh fruit. More than I expected!
The entire stay had me in awe. It not a five star hotel but it is definitely worth the $60!!! I will most likely come back and this time I won't be iffy about bringing my children. Thank you econolodge and your friendly staff! See you guys soon :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica V
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of this motel is as convenient as you can get. The staff was wonderful--helpful, pleasant and whatever else makes a staff wonderful. Best motel breakfast ever.
I've stayed here a few times and have been in very pleasant rooms so maybe this time I was just unlucky. The room was large and clean but really dreary. Dark and shabby. Still--I don't travel to sit in a motel room and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Location couldn't be better. Great value
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Econo Lodge Old Town Albuquerque. The room was clean, the bed firm & level. The best part of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. The hot breakfast of egg, sausage, bacon and waffles was great, but the raisin bread toast was the ultimate breakfast treat. We found this lodge a great value for the price. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank In-vince-ible
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We took a weekend family trip to Albuquerque and selected the hotel based on the good reviews and because it was close to the Old Town and the aquarium, had an indoor pool, accepted our dog and included breakfast. We agree with the positive reviews and thought it was a great place to stay. You can tell the management is working hard to please the guests. Great hot breakfast and nice indoor pool. We had one of the pet rooms which was fine. This is not a fancy new hotel, but for the price it was an excellent stay for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BobBE8445QU
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We are CDL drivers, our truck was in the shop. We picked Econo Lodge Old Town because of the value and they have an indoor pool, hot tub & accept dogs. The breakfasts were great everyday, with many options to choose from. The staff is very pleasant and the driver was very curtious and knew the best places to go for our needs. There are many things to do in Old Town and places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business