“It's Fine - and Only Indoor Pool I Could Find”

Econo Lodge Old Town
Ranked #17 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Traveling with kids in late March, we knew outdoor pools at nicer hotels would be too cold. This hotel is clean and located a block from the historic Old Town section of town. It's also close to the zoo (another destination) and botanic gardens. The staff were friendly. The morning breakfast had bacon, sausage, eggs and waffles, so the kids found plenty to fuel them through the morning.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank ParkhillDad

Reviewed 22 March 2014

my mom and i go to albuquerque every year for a conference and this year we decided to find somewhere cheap with a continental breakfast rather than the fancy place that doesn't really offer anything. OH MY GOD! i love love love econo lodge old town. first of all, we had to arrive late and we called the hotel and they said no problem. we got in around ten and the front desk agent was still super friendly and ready to take care of us. our room was huge with two big beds, a microwave and a fridge, a sofa sleeper couch, flat screen tv with all the hbo channels, and we had a JACUZZI TUB IN OUR BATHROOM. all for less than 70 bucks a night! in the mornings, we were treated to a huge breakfast consisting of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage (and some days bacon), waffles, as well as all the traditional continental items, WOW! the hotel also had an indoor pool, which for me is a big big plus because half the fun of being at a hotel has always been to go swimming. and lastly, it is within walking distance of the ABQ aquarium and botanical garden. we knew it was close but not that close!

now i do have a couple gripes. for one, the jacuzzi tub could have been bigger. i'm a plus size woman so it made it a little tricky though so worth it once i figured it out. second, the only way to get to the pool is from the outside and in the middle of winter, that's not convenient at all. lastly, there is no elevator so the only way to get to the rooms on the second floor is climbing the stairs. glad for the exercise but still a pain.

stiil, the pros outweigh the cons in my opinions so if you are making your way to abq, definitely give this gem a try. it has definitely earned it's place as our go-to hotel from now on.

Room Tip: if you have trouble climbing stairs, definitely go for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Caitlyn O
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the wifi worked perfectly all the time (which is more than what I can say for some hotels that are twice the price). The staff were friendly too.

The walls are a bit thin, so there's occasional noise from the folks next door, but that didn't bother me.

The location is good if you want to check out Old Town Albuquerque, it's also walking distance away from the museum of Natural History, and there's an aquarium just down the road as well. If you're from out of town like me, the 66 bus goes straight down central and is only $1 per trip (or $2 per day). So, a very inexpensive way to get downtown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank ChristopherMurtagh
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I stayed at the Econo Lodge for 6 days. The rooms are clean, comfortable and come with a minifridge and microwave, which is cool. They are also pretty spacious. The internet connection is flawless! For those of you travelling for business, you'll really appreciate that. It's a short (4 min) walk away from Old Town, where there are great restaurants. Its a 6min walk away from the Albuquerque Hotel, so if you're in town for a conference (as I was) then it's a 3rd of the price and only short walk away.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor, king size bed. 112. This was a great room. Spacious, clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank TheEdResearcher
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Well I had a scheduled operation that was supposed to last 3 days so we had to stay the three nights. I guess the rule has some meaning when they say never judge a book by its cover.
My husband and I had checked in about 11am and the room was very clean. I was surprised to see that the appliances all seemed new. There was a flat screen, microwave, coffee maker, and a small fridge. The fridge actually pulled its weight and kept all of our drinks and left over take out nice and cold :)
The bathroom was spacious. The sink was right outside the bathroom. The only complaint about the bathroom was they have not converted the shower heads so the water shoots straight out. And our tub did not seem to drain as quickly as usual. No biggie for us though.
We went for breakfast the first morning and I was shocked to see such a variety! Biscuits and gravy, sausage, bacon, potatoes, yogurt, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, and fresh fruit. More than I expected!
The entire stay had me in awe. It not a five star hotel but it is definitely worth the $60!!! I will most likely come back and this time I won't be iffy about bringing my children. Thank you econolodge and your friendly staff! See you guys soon :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica V
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The location of this motel is as convenient as you can get. The staff was wonderful--helpful, pleasant and whatever else makes a staff wonderful. Best motel breakfast ever.
I've stayed here a few times and have been in very pleasant rooms so maybe this time I was just unlucky. The room was large and clean but really dreary. Dark and shabby. Still--I don't travel to sit in a motel room and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Location couldn't be better. Great value
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sara S
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Econo Lodge Old Town Albuquerque. The room was clean, the bed firm & level. The best part of our stay was the complimentary breakfast. The hot breakfast of egg, sausage, bacon and waffles was great, but the raisin bread toast was the ultimate breakfast treat. We found this lodge a great value for the price. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple