“Very pleased”

Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Hinton, Oklahoma
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here on the second night of our vacation. Elena the desk clerk was very friendly and suggested a great place to eat Mexican food for supper when we asked. The room was a nice size, spotlessly clean, the beds comfortable. The breakfast the next morning was good also! We would definitely stay again next time we come to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: They don't have an elevator, so if you can't do stairs you probably should request a ground...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Elena M, Owner at Econo Lodge Old Town, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear BethP425,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am pleased your room was spotless. Our housekeepers work so hard to keep the guest rooms in pristine condition. I am thrilled you enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for your kind words, our goal is to provide you with a memorable experience.

We look forward to your next visit!

Best Wishes,

Elena M.
Owner
505-243-8475

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Price, Can't believe it!!! Good size, clean room! Pet Friendly! Bamboo flooring instead of allergy & dirt collecting carpet, could walk around bare footed like at home!!! Eco Friendly. Completely Fantastic, DELICIOUS FREE, Hot breakfast, everything you could want & more. Great staff & Management! Good parking, and just a few blocks from Old Town Center. Large variety of restaurants & gas stations close by. Wish more of these were available on my way back to Florida. Next trip to AlbaQQ I will stay here every time

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the wood flooring!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Rose T
Dear Rose T,

Thank you for such a sweet review! I am so pleased that you loved our new flooring! Yes, we try to do our part for our environment and being Eco friendly is one of them. Our delicious complimentary hot breakfast is always a bit hit with our guest. Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, guest service is our number one priority.

We look forward to your next trip to see us!

Safe Travels,

Elena M.
Owner
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel staff was friendly and they were very accommodating. The price was right and the location very convenient. I would stay there again! The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable.

Room Tip: If you don't like your first room just ask for another.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Elena M, Owner at Econo Lodge Old Town, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Dizzy260,

Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate you sharing your experience with fellow travelers. I'm so happy to hear you found our location and price convenient for you. Our wonderful staff would like to thank you for your compliments! We look forward to your next visit to Albuquerque Old Town!

Travel Safe!
Elena M., Owner
Madison
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, but the breakfast was not good. Coffee was weak, eggs were tasteless and appeared to be powdered, potatoes were tasteless. There weren't enough chairs and tables in the dining area to accommodate the guests. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location - close to Old Town.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Laurie R
Moriarty, New Mexico
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I had a small issue while staying at this house. I wasn't going to complain, but definitely wanted management to KNOW about the problem. The manager, John, handled the situation better than I could have imagined. Like I sais, I wasn't complaining, but advising. The young lady, Christina, who checked me in was great as well. I spend about 30 nights per year in a hotel for business trips and I will DEFINITELY stay at this property again.

Room Tip: The king suite is GREAT!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Secaucus, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed in ABQ because our plane landed in the early evening and we didn't want to hit the road until the next morning. I was disappointed that the facility didn't have an elevator - especially since our bags were packed for an extended trip. In fairness, the staff did offer assistance with the baggage.

The bed was great - it was a pillow top mattress and very comfortable.

The included breakfast was quite good. It was a full breakfast and included hot food (eggs, bacon, sausage, was sales, etc).

The indoor pool appeared to under repair.

Helpful front desk staff.

I have booked another night here for the night before my flight home from ABQ.

Great value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Gallup, New Mexico
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had been staying at a nearby hotel when circumstances called me to Albuquerque, but I've found a new home away from home at the Old Town Econolodge. The staff is as helpful and friendly as humanly possible without being annoying about it. The room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. My room still had some very ugly bright yellow paint on the back wall, but that is evidently scheduled to be renovated. The pool was closed while a part was on order for the pump, but I wouldn't have used it anyways. Breakfast was pretty impressive for an Econolodge, with a very nice sausage available every morning along with some pastries that looked like they actually came from a bakery rather than a box. The instant eggs were not to my taste, but I'm pretty picky, so I just stuck to the instant oatmeal and the sausage. The abundance of potted roses and a rock fountain up front, as well as a cute southwestern-style architecture made for a pleasant aesthetic. They were very accommodating when I needed to check out an hour late. Overall, a very nice, professional staff doing a great job running a very affordable, centrally located motel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo