“Gross, Horrible”

Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast
Ranked #127 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Arrived on Friday night Oct. 5th 2012.it's very complicated to find the entrance to it! The room had a bad odor, the carpets and chairs are very, very stained, the remote control did not work. The bed was hard as a rock, the blankets on the bed were aweful and DIRTY!!! The sheets had short and long hairs, and a lot of dog or some sort of animal fur on them! The sheets also had some kind of stains on them, 1 could see they have NOT been washed, the pillow cases as well. Shame, shame, shame, what does housekeeping or management really do there? This place should have some kind ofSURPRISE STATE INSPECTION!!!!!! My money was waisted on this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We booked this hotel online and it was definitely a one night stop. Our room smelled, the carpets were so dirty and looked like they had never been cleaned. The sheets were stained so I ended up bringing in blankets,etc from our car because of the general appearance. The beds were so hard it was like laying on the floor and the pillows looked like they were cheap and very old. We paid about 75 bucks for this room and it was definitely NOT worth the charge compared to the room on our next stop for the same amount at a La Quinta. The location is hard to find and all the businesses around it have razor barbed wire on their fencing. Doesn't quite make one feel so safe!

I had another reservation for 2 weeks at another Crossland location and I cancelled all the days except for the bare minimum due to their confusing refund policy (which sounded like it was based all on the manager's mood) and the quality of this room. I don't want to be stuck in such a subpar room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tricia C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. From the bedding to the basic amenities we offer, we strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. My apologies for not being able to meet these expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Got a free night stay because another extended stay was bad... this one was worse. Stayed 2 nights. Cheap run down place... cracks & water damaged ceilings... stand up shower only that looks a bit scary.
The beds are harder than the floor & don't ask me if this carpet has ever been cleaned.
Free Wi-Fi is the only amenity to the place - but nothing to make you feel welcome. The list of what they DON'T provide for guests is longer than what they will. They do NOT honor online prices from their own site, they do NOT clean your room or change new towels unless you go & get them yourself, they do NOT serve any breakfast, they do NOT put in shampoos or cond., they expect you to wash dishes but do NOT give you soap... Sorry Extended stay - but I don't even want another free night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else... this is more of a weekly motel for the almost homeless
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 July 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Clean and cheap close to sandia tram and dennys and cracker barrel

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week for 2 days with no problems. Last night, I tried to check in for a 3 night stay, and they put me in a room that smelled like dog or cat urine. The second room was a handicap room that smelled like smoke. The third and final room smelled sour with a stench of marijuana. I called Priceline and got a full refund. $22 per night if you name your own price on Priceline... and can put up with the putrid rooms.

Room Tip: Use Priceline and bid $22 per night. You will save a ton, but you won't get your money's wo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

We were traveling through and just needed a place to sleep for one night. The hotel room was older, main light in the room was broken, remote for tv broken, one bed appeared not very clean, and it was very noisy! The beds are not comfortable at all (hard as a rock)! If the room doesn't seem clean and things are broken it's not worth the stay no matter how much you pay. Will not stay again and do not recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank somnova14
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we poll our guests on their satisfaction with our bedding. Although our company regularly invests in bedding upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.