“misrepresentation of motel benefits”

Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast
Ranked #119 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“misrepresentation of motel benefits”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Most of the staff is rude and they are bullies. They take your $ and then force you to pay for commodities that are included in the room. I was forced to pay ~$50 for a local call I made in the Abq area. When i complained I was told, & i quote, "You can shut your mouth or leave."

Room Tip: Check in between mattress the last time i stayed here there was a bag of pee there which they accuse...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank otis j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Farmington, NM
Reviewed 12 July 2013

After a failed camping attempt due to weather we checked in here.

The front desk/office was not clearly marked (it was in the middle of the hotel on the back side of it). Check in took 40+ minutes because apparently they only have one computer at the front desk and it was down.

We crashed pretty quickly because almost losing your tent to a sudden thunderstorm is tiring! At about 2 AM the fire alarm went off, with a speaker right outside our door. This went on for several minutes. I went outside, didn't see anyone reacting, so decided to go back inside.

Turns out, for all I deserve to complain about the fire alarm, it was a blessing, because lo and behold, the bed was infested with bedbugs! Dozens of them, camping out where we had been sleeping just minutes earlier, with the baby.

I called the night service desk, and we got put in a new room, but didn't exactly trust the bed. Nevertheless, we managed to get a little sleep in.

If I could rate this lower than "Terrible" I would. Words do not describe, in thirty years of staying in hotels I've never seen bedbugs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Paul G

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Reviewed 21 May 2013

The bed is only slightly more comfortable than the floor, they forgot to give me towels, the shower curtain hugs EVERY part of your body while in the shower, and the other people staying there are loud. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank teriens
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I've stayed at this location twice now in a two year period. Both stays have been very comfortable. I was looking for budget accomodation with kitchenette near the Northeast Heights. I travel for business, and I've stayed in a variety of similar places across the country.
The rooms are not fancy, but very clean, all appliances worked fine. Most importantly, the kitchen and bathroom were in good shape and clean. Don't expect amenities like a built in hair dryer or iron, but they provide coffee and a coffee maker. I think what is provided is more than appropriate for the cost of the room.
I had an irregularity in my bill which was taken care of right away by Debbie (manager). Customer service here has always been good.
This location is right off Hwy 25, but is surprisingly quiet. There is an outpost of the Sprouts supermarket nearby, so it's convenient to shop for food. A little further away, you'll find several Flying Star restaurants, as well as Dions (good pizza, especially with NM green chile!). The Whole Foods on Wyoming is my favorite WF, try the cheddar cheese-green chile roll. Old town, the zoo and downtown are about 15 mins drive away.
Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel, whether you are staying for work or vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 18 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our hotel is strongly committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I have been here for 5 weeks now. had one problem that my tv was not working correctly. they came a fixed it right away. I had to leave and go to Houston. Came back and they already had my old room ready for me. Me and my employees left for a weekend and they held our rooms so we did not have to take all of our items with us. That was great. The Staff here is great and very accommodating. Debbie the Manager and Saul the Mantanice person have been great. I would suggest this place if you are staying for a long time like I am. For the people that due not give this place high ratings you are expecting a lot more like the the Hyatt of some thing like that. The people here are great and will take care of you as long as you talk to them and they will talk to you. 5 star place for my stay.....

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed. I am not as I travel a lot for work and spend most of my time on the r...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jswerkes
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque-NE. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get such positive feedback like yours. This tells me that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all our guests, no matter if they are staying a night, a week or a month. So it is good to know that we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
West Covina, California
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Sadly, this is truly their budget chain and it felt like it. Not even close to a regular Extended Stay America or Homestead Suites. Really more like the Motel 6 of budget suite hotels. Bathrooms were cheap, beds were cheap, alarm clock didn't work, etc They didn't even have shampoo or hair dryers.
The staff was nice and helpful, and I know we can on a sold-out weekend, but they stuck us in a dirty smoking room on the first night that was horrible. I had them switch us to another room the next night, which was fine and clean.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Arrived on Friday night Oct. 5th 2012.it's very complicated to find the entrance to it! The room had a bad odor, the carpets and chairs are very, very stained, the remote control did not work. The bed was hard as a rock, the blankets on the bed were aweful and DIRTY!!! The sheets had short and long hairs, and a lot of dog or some sort of animal fur on them! The sheets also had some kind of stains on them, 1 could see they have NOT been washed, the pillow cases as well. Shame, shame, shame, what does housekeeping or management really do there? This place should have some kind ofSURPRISE STATE INSPECTION!!!!!! My money was waisted on this place!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.