Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast
Ranked #115 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Longterm stay”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Good for inexpensive long term stay but could be better.. Luck of the draw with neighbors. Bed comfortable but few tv channels, tv works poorly. Few restaurants within walking distance. Noisy neighbors

Room Tip: Get room close to office so it may be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank 228DavidC552
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
David - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we are working to better enforce our noise policy moving forward. Still, I am glad that you liked your room overall and our affordable rates.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at aqn@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I reserved a room online on crossland website and got a confirmation. Upon arrival the front desk agent told to me that the room was not available. he did offer to call other sister properties in the area but none were available because this was during the balloon fiesta weekend. I sat in the lobby for a little bit to see if I could find any other accommodations. A few minutes later the front desk person told me that he had a room for me. The rate was higher than what I booked online but he said he could adjust it. Given that it was late and I did not have any other options, I accepted it. There was no explanation of hotel services. I understand it was a busy night. As I walked up to my room I noticed that there were 10-12 individuals having some kind of meeting in the room downstairs and the room I was supposed to be in was already open. So much for safety. I knocked, no-one answered so I went ahead.
The lights took some effort to turn on. The bedding had hair so not sure if the sheets were changed when previous guests checked out. The guests upstairs moved what sounded like heavy furniture and I could hear every bit of it. That went on for almost an hour. And then the same thing started at 3 in the morning. I could also hear people outside so clearly there was not enough insulation in the walls.
No receipt was provided upon checkout.
Overall not satisfied at all. Will not stay at this property again. I hope someone is reading this.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hemant_Saraswat
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that your room was not available at the time of your check-in. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to work with the staff to ensure we are doing a better job of checking all reservations prior to our guests arrival. As well, I am very sorry that the room you were provided did not meet your expectations. In response, I am working with our entire team on improving our procedures so that the issues you outlined are not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at aqn@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It's not fancy,but you get what you pay for. It's right off I25, and 5 min from I40, about 7 min from the hospital. Stayed there during Fiesta Balloon week, for 7 days, and got a room for $47, including weekend. That was about 50 bucks cheaper than anywhere else, for that week. If your doing business on the north side of Albuquerque,then it is a very well situated. You can cook in your room, and it has a dishwasher. Very basic decor, but the front desk was very helpful, and courteous.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2cd, or 3rd, floor....too much car, and walk by traffic on first floor....on first day...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 593Paul
Paul - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the location of our hotel and price of our hotel during an event weekend. As well, it is great to know that you liked your room, especially the fully equipped kitchen.

Thousand Oaks, California, United States
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

I booked using Price line...24.00 per night...I saw some reviews...room very clean. Front desk very pleasant...NO ice machine is extent of negative so far...it is right off I- 25 but it seems pretty mellow..room has extended stay amenities so far so good..I will follow up this weekend.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and your room was to your liking. Please accept our apologies that we do not have an ice machine; however, we do provide ice trays for use in your room.

Union, Missouri
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I found Crossland a little cramped but clean. We just spent one night and found Crossland much cleaner than other economy places we have stayed in Albuquerque, NM. We did no more than sleep so I do not know about the TV or WiFi. The lack of pool or gym was not a problem and I was pleased not to have to pay for those things I would not be using. It was not real close to the interstate but we found it. The price was good for what we needed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness our room. I wanted to apologize for the room being a bit to small.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Colorado
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

This is a very inexpensive place and as such it's tough to rate. Compared to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express it's not much, but at 1/3 the price it's a pretty great place. I was there for only one night & only met one employee. She was just fine. Mattresses are hard, and as far I'm concerned that's a good thing. Place was quiet, reasonably clean, TV worked fine, etc. Surprised there was no iron, but there was a coffee maker. Had no trouble finding the location. Most importantly, I felt safe there. I have stayed at other inexpensive motels where I definitely couldn't say that. I would, and probably will, stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Most of the staff is rude and they are bullies. They take your $ and then force you to pay for commodities that are included in the room. I was forced to pay ~$50 for a local call I made in the Abq area. When i complained I was told, & i quote, "You can shut your mouth or leave."

Room Tip: Check in between mattress the last time i stayed here there was a bag of pee there which they accuse...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo