“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #59 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Lamar, Colorado
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights for my husband and I, our children and grandchildren. It was a perfect setting. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. The courtyard is beautiful with numerous comfortably furnished seating areas. The temperature perfect indoor pool is secured by a room key entry and has an attractive seating area enclosed by a fence. Our room overlooked the courtyard and each morning there were hot air balloons in the sky. The different strengths of coffee provided in the lobby were delicious and the kids enjoyed the hot chocolate. Later in the day, cucumber water, lemonade and chocolate chip cookies were available in the lobby (free of charge). On the down side, the hot tub was only warm and there is no continental breakfast. There is an on-site restaurant (I think) and a 24 hour "market" where a variety of food is sold and a microwave is provided. This hotel is conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. The rate is very reasonable. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We are allowed to use one state government ID for a government rate on all 3 rooms (non business tra...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Vickia L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Perhaps the best Courtyard Marriot we have visited to date - hidden away about 5 miles north of I-40, on I-25 in an area surrounded by 'corporate park' properties. Really great Southwest decor throughout and an amazing courtyard in the center: there was a wedding in the courtyard the night of our stay! Lobby on one side of the courtyard, and pool with whirlpool and fitness spa on the other. [Special note on the pool - great design: it incorporates a 'panhandle' shape that includes a (not full, but still) lap swimming section .] Rooms are great - another Courtyard property where the King bed is 90 degrees from the standard hotel room so that it faces the windows, and your back is to the door and bathroom. No fridge in our room but they are available on request. Resturant on-site had a short, but tasty menu, and pay breakfats for about $10. We have been traveling from Cape Cod > LA and this was the best hotel on the entire trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2d or 3rd floor, facing into the Courtyard: you'll have a great view!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnmc82
Frisco
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel was about as good a place to stay as there is in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, Albuquerque doesn't have a whole lot to offer but we were attending a wedding and had to make the best of our time. The service was pretty good and the pool/workout facility was great. There were a lot of car break-ins in the area while we were staying there so we made sure we kept a good eye on our vehicle the whole time we were there. We stayed on the bottom floor so we parked our car within sight of our room. I would highly recommend doing this anywhere in ABQ as their crime rate isn't known for being low. There was a very nice courtyard in the middle of the hotel that was nice to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. I wouldn't recommend the hotel bar because it is severly over-priced. You can go to any package store within three blocks and make your own drinks for much cheaper.

Room Tip: I would ask for a bottom floor room so that I can keep an eye on my vehicle.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank jacobbroberts
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I've never seen a Courtyard like this. The outside of the hotel is traditional New Mexico style. The inside is also very Southwestern decor. It is a beyond beautiful, huge place. The rooms are pure luxury; everything from the overstuffed, firm bed, to the fluffy towels. It had all the qualities you would find in a 5-star hotel. It was super clean and fresh! Of course, there is free Internet and parking.

The front desk guy was so nice and accommodating; very good serivce there. There's a huge lobby and a big, full-service restaurant. There's a wonderful breakfast buffet in the restaurant (it's very good), but that is not normally included in your room rate (the cost is around $9). If you can find a special on the room that includes the breakfast buffet, by all means get it. It's worth paying a little extra for this great buffet.

I can't speak much for the area, as I was just passing through. But, I do know it was right off the Interstate.

I loved staying here, and would go back and stay longer. I really enjoyed the luxury of it. I don't stay at Courtyards all that often, but I might start after this one - fantastic!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tczig
NH
Reviewed 23 January 2011

As a stop along my road trip, I had the pleasure of staying with Courtyard ABQ. Nice hotel, well kept and friendly, helpful service. I left a very nice scarf in the bar, and it was returned to me that same evening. I have never experienced that before. The desk suggested a restaurant called "El Pinto"; it was great! My room was very quiet, as was the overall property. I would refer this hotel to anyone who has travel plans to Albuquerque!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank NHdaytripper
farandaway
Reviewed 26 October 2010

In town for a fencing tournament. Asked for, and received, a quiet room on an upper floor away from the elevator. Overlooked the courtyard, and didn't hear any traffic noise, but since the hotel is right off of I25, the location was easy to find and convenient to the venue. Got in around six, and found the restaurant in the hotel to be open, with good service, and good food. Breakfast was served early the next morning, and very good. I could have watched the baseball game while eating, but wasn't forced to by a seating arrangement. Not really a place for a "local color" experience, although the decor is comfortable southwest, and Albuquerque itself is certainly worth exploring, but when I tournament travel, that's a very low priority for me.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gabrielratchet
Guangzhou, China
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Workout facilities were up to date which is something uncommon in such a good price. No big issues. My iron fell apart which could have been prevented with some inspections but they replaced it in 5 minutes or less with no question so no biggie. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking for something moderately priced. It's definitely no frills, though but clean and a good rest.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business