“Staff was great, room was comfy and clean, fire alarm malfunction was the only dissapointment (not the hotel's fault)”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #55 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I stayed here the night of July 25 for my birthday with my girlfriend. Check in was extremly smooth, I work at hotel myself and was impressed by the level of service. The room exactly what we booked, highest floor, king bed, courtyard view. It was extremly clean and well appointed. The keys worked perfect everytime for our room and for the side entrances. We did have one big inconvience but, to the hotel's defense, it was not their fault. Excessive rains a cuple days earlier caused some fire alarms to malfunction at 415am. We were fast asleep and after a few hectic minutes we realized what it was. The noise was painfully loud, a good thing if it would have been a real alarm, my girlfriend wil not wake up for anything (not even our hospital style bed when it moves) and it got her up quick. After a couple minutes oustide the alarm was silenced only to come back on right when we got to our room. We called the front desk this time and were told it was a false alarm. We went down to the lobby (the alarm there was a little lass painful, lol) and there were 40-50 wandering about. The staff was courteous and informative and we were told by the firemen that there was nothing they could do until a technician for the alarm system arrived. The alarm would sound every 5 or so minutes after the first couple times but was silinced immediatly until about 630 - 7am. My girlfriend was able to fall back asleep, I am sure because of the incredibly comfortable beds, but I was kept awake by a loud, for 5am, family in the courtyard. Again, not the hotel's fault. In the morning the front desk staff was great and after a pleasant chat with them I was given 50% off the rate, an already discounted rate to begin with. It's unfortunate that this had to had because everything about the hotel is great. Its hard to fault them for an act of nature.

Room Tip: Specify a courtyard view and highest level possible if booking online.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElliottJDoris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Tripadvisor is funny because the reviews vary so much...I recently drove cross country and I try to stay at Marriotts so I picked this one online by chance. It was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at. The rooms were good but the grounds are wonderful. The restaurant was great along with the service. I have a hard time believing that people received bad service here because it was exceptional for me. Someone remarked that this is like the lower budget hotel from the nearby pyramid. I say bogus to that. The pyramid seemed like some kind of Vegas tourist trap to me and this hotel seemed like a perfect place to stay for a southwest vacation with the family or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Chad L
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The front desk was superb as was our catering mgr Raylene----this place is perfect for parties, r and r, or just for a getaway. This is our first choice in albuquerque for the perfect pool, jacuzzi, weightroom, food and drinks. We love staying here for Staycations!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the property for quiet relaxation.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank DukeCityGirl_12
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We stayed for one night in February. The room was clean, but smelled of bug spray. Good location. We checked in late at night, the receptionist was friendly enough. Didn't dine in the restaurant, but it looked nice. Nice lobby. Great rates, but I think most hotels in Albuquerque have good rates since there are so many to choose from. Would stay here again just to earn points.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Carlsbad, NM
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We have stayed at the Courtyard ABQ by Journal center several times over the past years. The location is excellent for getting to the west side (Alameda, RIo Rancho, Paradise Hills), and equally good for northeast area. They have updated the decor in the rooms and redesigned the innner lobby and lounge. The accomodations are similar to most Courtyards, but with the southwestern flair.

Our most recent stay, the front desk staff was very freindly, and the hotel was busy, but not loud (at least not audible from inside the room). The parking lot is very large, but could use more/better lighting. Several dark spots can be intimidating for those traveling solo.

Recommend trying Milly's sandwich shop for great coffee and breakfast (about 3/4 mile southwest).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed for one night while in town for business. Great staff, comfortable room, nice lobby and restaurant here. On the edge of town and quiet location.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Room was clean, but smelled of bug spray. Service in restaurant could have Bern the worst I've experienced in NM!!! I won't ever stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012