“Best Courtyard Ever”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #56 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stopped in Albuquerque on a whim and call Marriott for a recommendation. They referred me to this hotel. The entrance wasn't intuitive, but that is my only complaint. The lobby is impressive, the actual Courtyard is beautiful and the room clean and comfortable. We were going out to eat, but one of the wait staff asked if we would want to look at their menu. It was much better than I expected and the food was very good. They also have a full bar which was nice.
Every employee was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith L
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments.
I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience and would recommend to anyone. That is our ultimate goal to any guest that walks through our doors, to have the same experience that you did.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have stayed here 1/2 doz times over last few years; friendly staff, convenient to what I need to do in area, and generally good value. Well, now either corporate or this particular facility has eliminated the heretofore free 24x7 lobby coffee service replacing it with a Starbucks..read $3 a cup. Gone also is the available breakfast buffet to be replaced with pre-packed 'microwave' chicken wraps and other 'tasty treats' made off-site and sole at ridiculous rates. There are many competing motels/hotels in area and I will use them next trip. Sorry Marriott, your 'cost cutting' isd really business cutting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank memjfm1

I wanted to say thank you for your loyalty over the last few years to not just Marriott, but our Hotel. Also, for taking the time to post comments about the hotel. With the new Marriott Bistro / Starbucks standard, I can understand that the old standard of free lobby coffee and buffet breakfast was a big part of that loyalty. So I apologize that we no longer are able to offer that. I am pleased to see that the staff has been friendly , as they should be.
I do want to assure you that the new Bistro Breakfast is all freshly prepared and cooked here on site.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location was prefect for my wife and me, as we were finishing our road trip. The room was nice, but a little cramped and it would have been nice to have some of the same amenities that we often find at other Marriott locations (such as coffee and hot water [for tea] in the lobby). Other than a few minor improvements that would be nice, we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and for leaving comments on your experience here. Your feedback is vital to our success.
So glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay, We look forward to another visit in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This Courtyard has an excellent lobby for working or grabbing a bite to eat. It's "Bistro" is perfect for a quick Starbucks and yogurt in the morning and a salad a night. Great internet connection and all the amenities you want in a Marriott. Customer Service was excellent. Gym was lacking - treadmill belt slipped etc. but nice to work out alone and not too crowded. The only bad thing about the location was the construction.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experience, we truly rely on feedback from our guests to ensure a improved and more positive stay.
I am very happy that you have found the new BISTRO and renovated Lobby to be perfect and excellent. Additionally that the Customer Service was excellent, its the team that makes the difference here.
I do want to apologize for your experience in the Gym and for the freeway construction. We do have a company that comes and does quarterly service on all our machines, to ensure they operate smoothly and safely. We have notified them about the belt and will be here to address.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I choose this hotel because my husband and I attended a bowling tournament in Bernalillo, NM, and we had a nice experience at this Courtyard on our way back from Colorado Springs, Co in May of 2013. We also lived in Rio Rancho, NM so we felt pretty confident staying there.

The lobby was clean and inviting, so first impressions were great until we tried checking in.

Our experience this time was just average. When we checked in you could tell there was a shortage in staff, the desk attendant was actually from a different property and filling in for a shift. The computer system was down and check in was manual. I did appreciate that we still could check in and the attendant assured us that our credit card information would be destroyed when the computer system came up and all information was keyed in.

We requested a room on the opposite side of the freeway and asked for balcony. We were accommodated, however the balcony was only large enough to stand outside, we thought that since the balcony faced outside then it would be larger versus facing the courtyard.I wasn't as disappointed as I could have been if we stayed in the warmer months.

The bar area was totally empty at 3:00 in the afternoon. it would have been nice to have been able to enjoy an afternoon drink, but no bartender and all alcohol was locked away. This seemed very strange especially when you look at their website this is one of their amenities., and the restaurants in the area had happy hour starting at 3:00. The restaurant isn't really a restaurant. They offer at best appetizers so don't exp a nice sit down meal, you will have to enjoy the restaurants in the area and there are plenty of them. We enjoyed happy hour and a good sit down meal at a nearby restaurant.

The towel rack fell down in the bathroom and the desk attendant said she would send up the engineer, but that never happened. You could tell that housekeeping just put the towel rack back up but it kept falling down.

The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were too soft, your head just sunk, had to use a couple of pillows just to prop your head up.

All in all our stay wasn't unpleasant, but definitely not as good as it should have been, especially for the nightly rate. Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn properties have surpassed, especially with the warm cookies that Hilton properties offer. The next time we come to Albuquerque our first choice will be Hilton properties.

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the freeway much quieter. If you want to enjoy the pool I would sugges...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Room was worn and showing its age. Fingernail clippings in the sink. Understaffed, so had to wait for front desk staff for 3 minutes to check in. Business traveler amenities were basic. Support for meeting room use was just about adequate.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed here on September 25th 2013 for a business meeting. My second stay at this property. I found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. They happily accepted my request to change my room to one not on the freeway side of the hotel. I'm not sure how old the hotel is, but it is well maintained. The room was comfortable, and very clean. There is a restaurant/bar in the hotel. Nothing gourmet, but a nice selection if you are too tired to drive somewhere else. One small word of caution. The City of Albuquerque is planning a major construction project at the I25-Paseo del Norte interchange which is adjacent to this hotel. The city had a press briefing at the hotel during my stay. Not sure when the construction will start, but it could potentially have an impact on noise, dust and access.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business