“terrible customer service”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #56 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I travel every two weeks. I generally stay at Hilton, Hyatt, or Marriott hotels. I will not stay at Marriott again. They just dont care. We tried to get waited on in the restaurant twice. The wait staff is more interested in hanging at the bar and gossiping. If you need help with luggage, well say a prayer because it will take a miracle. Keys expired before check out. There is a Hilton two miles away. I would suggest going a little further.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kbt326
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to our property, as well as providing us valuable feedback. We feel bad that you encountered less than superior service. We do take pride in and are committed to making every effort to provide the very best in service and hospitality.
We will use your feedback as a tool to train our Restaurant and service staff to make you as the guest our priority.

If you would like to contact me in the future, if your travels bring you to Albuquerque, I would personally like to assist in making sure you have a problem free experience.

Courtyard Journal Center

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Hotel is nice. Upgraded lobby area to include a Bistro that serves limited selections for dinner. Limited but convenient. "Thanks goodness for the Starbucks in the Lobby! The room coffee was terrible!

Room Tip: Top floor far end room-less hallway traffic.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard Albuquerque and for providing feedback about your experience.
I am happy to hear that overall it was positive, other than the in room coffee.
We will see if anything can be done about that. We are happy to hear that you felt the staff was excellent, it is our goal to try and provide the best in service.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a week and the customer service was excellent. Everyone was always nice and made sure we were well taken cared of. We will be staying here again! Very convenient location. The rooms are nice and well kept.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Ingridc7273
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

I can't say thank you enough for sharing your comments here and am pleased that you were so well taken care of resulting in a very positive experience. That is our ultimate goal.

We look forward to seeing you here again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stopped in Albuquerque on a whim and call Marriott for a recommendation. They referred me to this hotel. The entrance wasn't intuitive, but that is my only complaint. The lobby is impressive, the actual Courtyard is beautiful and the room clean and comfortable. We were going out to eat, but one of the wait staff asked if we would want to look at their menu. It was much better than I expected and the food was very good. They also have a full bar which was nice.
Every employee was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Keith L
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your comments.
I am thrilled that you had such a positive experience and would recommend to anyone. That is our ultimate goal to any guest that walks through our doors, to have the same experience that you did.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Have stayed here 1/2 doz times over last few years; friendly staff, convenient to what I need to do in area, and generally good value. Well, now either corporate or this particular facility has eliminated the heretofore free 24x7 lobby coffee service replacing it with a Starbucks..read $3 a cup. Gone also is the available breakfast buffet to be replaced with pre-packed 'microwave' chicken wraps and other 'tasty treats' made off-site and sole at ridiculous rates. There are many competing motels/hotels in area and I will use them next trip. Sorry Marriott, your 'cost cutting' isd really business cutting.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank memjfm1

I wanted to say thank you for your loyalty over the last few years to not just Marriott, but our Hotel. Also, for taking the time to post comments about the hotel. With the new Marriott Bistro / Starbucks standard, I can understand that the old standard of free lobby coffee and buffet breakfast was a big part of that loyalty. So I apologize that we no longer are able to offer that. I am pleased to see that the staff has been friendly , as they should be.
I do want to assure you that the new Bistro Breakfast is all freshly prepared and cooked here on site.
Again, thank you for sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location was prefect for my wife and me, as we were finishing our road trip. The room was nice, but a little cramped and it would have been nice to have some of the same amenities that we often find at other Marriott locations (such as coffee and hot water [for tea] in the lobby). Other than a few minor improvements that would be nice, we were pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you very much for staying with us and for leaving comments on your experience here. Your feedback is vital to our success.
So glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay, We look forward to another visit in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This Courtyard has an excellent lobby for working or grabbing a bite to eat. It's "Bistro" is perfect for a quick Starbucks and yogurt in the morning and a salad a night. Great internet connection and all the amenities you want in a Marriott. Customer Service was excellent. Gym was lacking - treadmill belt slipped etc. but nice to work out alone and not too crowded. The only bad thing about the location was the construction.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post comments about your experience, we truly rely on feedback from our guests to ensure a improved and more positive stay.
I am very happy that you have found the new BISTRO and renovated Lobby to be perfect and excellent. Additionally that the Customer Service was excellent, its the team that makes the difference here.
I do want to apologize for your experience in the Gym and for the freeway construction. We do have a company that comes and does quarterly service on all our machines, to ensure they operate smoothly and safely. We have notified them about the belt and will be here to address.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again.