“Its was a good place to stay”
Review of Econo Lodge West

Econo Lodge West
Ranked #136 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a great time staying here people complain about things but I had a great time staying the woman I believe her name was Katie was working when I checked in was nice and professional and I don't think anything was wrong with the place I like the rooms and the breakfast was good and would definatly stay here again for the price and location I think it went over and beyond to make people happy and I will for surely recommend this place

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for your review, We take pride in our hotel and guest service. All feed back is great it help us to maintain in certain area and also improve in others.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

On our return West to East Coast road trip, we stopped by at the Econo Lodge, Albuquerque as it was conveniently placed on the highway to the west of the city. It would be about a 15 minutes drive to the city center. The rooms are clean and airy with a nice bath tub to rejuvenate in! I would surely recommend to anyone passing this way for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank travellersimple
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your review. It is alway great to hear feedback from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Yes, I was sucked in by the price. Room was adequate size, but it didn't seem clean. Carpet badly spotted. Bed linens were patched and bed skirt was hanging in places. Curtain was also not all on the track. The inside pool and hot tub looked nice and some rooms have pool entrances. However, we checked in at 9 and pool was closed. Wi-Fi was great. No hair dryer as advertised. Breakfast was the usual waffle maker. No extras. Staff was pleasant. Trash around the outside that I observed on check-in had been removed. We were on the 2nd floor---no elevators and the stairway is wide but dark.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have lots of luggage, get ground floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I would like to apologize to you that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We do take pride in providing great service to our guests. I already meet with my maintenance and my housekeeping staff to assure that this does not happen again. I thank you for you review as it helps us address any issues we may have and correct them ASAP!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is economical and it is lodging. Keep your expectations in check and you will be fine. In the room we did not find any hotel information, telephone or hair dryer. The room was clean however (except the carpet which was beyond hope), the TV worked fine and the beds comfortable. Although the noise from the busy intersection nearly overwhelmed the soothing sound of the A/C unit we got two good nights of rest. Breakfast area was no match for lots of people, seems like they could have prepared a little better for a busy weekend (balloon fiesta).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I do apologize that we did not have all your ammenities available to you at check in. we do want all of our guest to have all the information about our hotel, city and any special events that are going on.available at all times. We are happy that you did like your bedding and cleanliness and enjoyed your room.

As for our breakfast, we do meet all the requirements set by Choice hotels and even exceed them. As you mentioned, we did have the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta going on and we were actually serving our guest starting at 4am. We will use this review to see were we can improve even more.

Thank you!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

There's some flaws with this hotel. I had a Choice Privileges award of a free night, and the woman at the front desk seemed completely puzzled by this. She tried to charge me for the night, even though I supplied her with the print out that the first night was to be of no charge. Eventually, she understood what I was talking about.

There was no active telephone in the room. When I asked for it to be fixed she explained there was nothing she could do about it since it was a problem with the line and the telephone company was responsible for it. I had to use the hotel lobby phone.

I also had to ask for a hair-dryer, although the website mentioned it would be supplied in the room.

Breakfast was horrible. The only hot food item was the waffle maker, and there was a line to create your own. Other Econo Lodges I have stayed at offered at least some scrambled eggs and sausage. There wasn't anything offered in terms of "continental fare" -- no pastries, slices of bread, donut... coffee was empty by the time I arrived at 8 a.m.

Any of these inconveniences alone would have been fine, but when they stack up like this, it makes it impossible to give a positive review.

One last odd thing, I left a daily tip for the housekeeping staff on the table each morning. When I returned to the room in the evening, the money was still there, but housekeeping had done it's job, etc. I found that to be really strange.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room that does not open to the pool area. If you want to walk from y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the mix up concerning your stay. I assure you that we have already met with our staff to assure a more pleasant checkin.

The phone situation Unfortunately happened to a few room and we did have to have the phone company come out..

As for breakfast, we do meet the standards set by Choice Hotels and even exceed them. We did have the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and we were actually serving our guest starting at 4am. I do apologize that item were missing and I have already meet with the morning staff to assure that this will not happen again. Thank you for your review, it does help us in improving our guest service.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stay here every time we visit Albuquerque. We love the rooms that open to the indoor pool area. The place has gotten even better since Robert has been there. The pool is like brand-new and there are improvements in the decor that make one feel welcome and at home. Robert is a true professional who is always courteous and polite and willing to do that little extra that makes guests feel special and appreciated.

Room Tip: We are late sleepers, so we like a room on the west side that doesn't get the morning sun.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. It is alway great to hear feedback from our guests.We are glad you enjoy staying with us and that you like the changes we are making. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

firstly: let me say; i used my choice privileges points for the stay-im an elite member.it was only 6ooo points, which is a pretty good deal.I was NOT hit up for a CC# to use my points at the front desk-I approve of this*.the property is in an ok location on the west side of abq.if you use the bus, from the railrunner station-your railrunner ticket is also your day pass for abqtrans.however, the bus to the properties neighborhood has rather early cutoff times on weekends.be aware of that.its a bit of a hike from central avenue & coors. (the closest stop) otherwise.its a little hard to find the property, as their sign isnt very big.(hint, its behind the giant station /village inn).I liked the switch for the opposite wall light you could use without getting out of bed.-my teevee had a few fuzzy channels, but nothing intolerable-im not certain i got the room i ordered online, but it was close enough-the wi-fi was a bit spottty, however, and with no courtesy pc in the lobby this could be frustrating to some people,i would imagine..the pool and hot tub were very well maintained.tho they had signs all over the place warning the neighborhood kids of police action if they were caught inside.I found this a bit amusing.im not sure of the neighborhoods makeup, but I didnt hear too much in the way of emrgency vehicles passing by.one thing that struck me odd, however, was this: even tho the parking lot, etc, was policed well of litter, there were used q-tips in most brezeways.i cant figure that out.the breakfast, however, had no sweet rolls or donuts, and i was a bit disappointed in that regard.just waffles, cereal, toast, etc..also, Im not quite sure that i got the room I ordered on choice privileges, but it approximated the picture.so, no complaints there.it lloked like a previous guest had taken the iron & board with them.however, and the choice privilege website implies 2 tvs in the larger rooms.mine only had one.-the alarm clock wa somehow wired into the bedside lamp. this seemed like a good idea.(i only found out, cus i was looking for an outlet nearer the bed, and followed the clocks cord)one lampshade had a minor bruise.but overall, the maintenance was fairly decent for a hotel of its age, location, and budget.

I requested a late checkout at check -in. (as im in the elite club) they said 11;30, but they didnt push it, I checked out around noon with no recriminations_I canr speak to possible early check ins, but they struck me as the sort of place who would let you store your luggage meanwhile, if you got there earlier than was convenient for housekeeping.

*.with that said, looked up the cash rates, and they seemed reasonable for the west side of abq. around 39-50..however, as i was checking out, another guest was having some sort of issue with a deposit that had been requested of him for paying cash.I didnt quite follow, as i was overhearing, not eavesdropping.but i got the gist, that they request a deposit in excess of the rooms price for "incidentals" of cash guests.this struck me as odd, given that there were no "incidentals" for sale., such as PPV, or room service.

Room Tip: might want to ask where the wi-fi works best.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank legendaryrob
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

First of all, Thank You for your review. It is through our guest reviews that helps us continue with what we are doing right or helps us improve in other areas.

First I would like to address our WiFi and Cable issue. Our carrier for both is the same and they did have technical issses that took until the next day to correct.

As for the Danishs missing, i do apologize, we do have them on hand at all times, my staff may not have realized it was empty.

And to help clear up the deposit issue, we do require a damage deposit for cash paying guests. This helps with any damages that may be done to our rooms during a stay. if the room is fine we totally refund the entire deposit.

Our guest's concerns and safety our our #1 concern!