“Scary & Dirty place - Stay away from this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Econo Lodge West

Econo Lodge West
Ranked #136 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Irvine, California
“Scary & Dirty place - Stay away from this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

Wondering the good reviews posted here, not sure what kind of people are they?

Stayed here for a night on our way to Grand Canyon. Bad stay I have ever had so far.
Only good thing to mention is the location (close to highway).

Scary environment, people shouting over night, poor walls - we could hear what neighbors are talking. We stayed at ground floor, when the person stayed above our room walks we hear loud foot steps, creeping sounds. Could not sleep at all.
Bath room is not clean.
Heater noise was too high (which somewhat suppressed noise from other room :)
It was very scary to stay
Very low profile motel, never stay here.

Room Tip: Dont book here
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anand S
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to apologize that we did not exceed your expectation during your stay. I have researched your stay and I am surprised about the noise. we have never had acomplaint with this room about noise. We would have certainly made things right if we had known you were having these issues. As far as issues with other guests we would have contacted them or either moved them or you. We try our best to serve all our guest so that you may enjoy your stay. Please contact me and we would like the opportunity to earn you back as a loyal guest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a great time staying here people complain about things but I had a great time staying the woman I believe her name was Katie was working when I checked in was nice and professional and I don't think anything was wrong with the place I like the rooms and the breakfast was good and would definatly stay here again for the price and location I think it went over and beyond to make people happy and I will for surely recommend this place

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, We take pride in our hotel and guest service. All feed back is great it help us to maintain in certain area and also improve in others.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

On our return West to East Coast road trip, we stopped by at the Econo Lodge, Albuquerque as it was conveniently placed on the highway to the west of the city. It would be about a 15 minutes drive to the city center. The rooms are clean and airy with a nice bath tub to rejuvenate in! I would surely recommend to anyone passing this way for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank travellersimple
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for your review. It is alway great to hear feedback from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to serving you again!
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Yes, I was sucked in by the price. Room was adequate size, but it didn't seem clean. Carpet badly spotted. Bed linens were patched and bed skirt was hanging in places. Curtain was also not all on the track. The inside pool and hot tub looked nice and some rooms have pool entrances. However, we checked in at 9 and pool was closed. Wi-Fi was great. No hair dryer as advertised. Breakfast was the usual waffle maker. No extras. Staff was pleasant. Trash around the outside that I observed on check-in had been removed. We were on the 2nd floor---no elevators and the stairway is wide but dark.

Room Tip: No elevator so if you have lots of luggage, get ground floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
I would like to apologize to you that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay. We do take pride in providing great service to our guests. I already meet with my maintenance and my housekeeping staff to assure that this does not happen again. I thank you for you review as it helps us address any issues we may have and correct them ASAP!

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

It is economical and it is lodging. Keep your expectations in check and you will be fine. In the room we did not find any hotel information, telephone or hair dryer. The room was clean however (except the carpet which was beyond hope), the TV worked fine and the beds comfortable. Although the noise from the busy intersection nearly overwhelmed the soothing sound of the A/C unit we got two good nights of rest. Breakfast area was no match for lots of people, seems like they could have prepared a little better for a busy weekend (balloon fiesta).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
EconoLodgeWest, Manager at Econo Lodge West, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that we did not have all your ammenities available to you at check in. we do want all of our guest to have all the information about our hotel, city and any special events that are going on.available at all times. We are happy that you did like your bedding and cleanliness and enjoyed your room.

As for our breakfast, we do meet all the requirements set by Choice hotels and even exceed them. As you mentioned, we did have the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta going on and we were actually serving our guest starting at 4am. We will use this review to see were we can improve even more.

Thank you!
Harrisville, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

There's some flaws with this hotel. I had a Choice Privileges award of a free night, and the woman at the front desk seemed completely puzzled by this. She tried to charge me for the night, even though I supplied her with the print out that the first night was to be of no charge. Eventually, she understood what I was talking about.

There was no active telephone in the room. When I asked for it to be fixed she explained there was nothing she could do about it since it was a problem with the line and the telephone company was responsible for it. I had to use the hotel lobby phone.

I also had to ask for a hair-dryer, although the website mentioned it would be supplied in the room.

Breakfast was horrible. The only hot food item was the waffle maker, and there was a line to create your own. Other Econo Lodges I have stayed at offered at least some scrambled eggs and sausage. There wasn't anything offered in terms of "continental fare" -- no pastries, slices of bread, donut... coffee was empty by the time I arrived at 8 a.m.

Any of these inconveniences alone would have been fine, but when they stack up like this, it makes it impossible to give a positive review.

One last odd thing, I left a daily tip for the housekeeping staff on the table each morning. When I returned to the room in the evening, the money was still there, but housekeeping had done it's job, etc. I found that to be really strange.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room that does not open to the pool area. If you want to walk from y...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the mix up concerning your stay. I assure you that we have already met with our staff to assure a more pleasant checkin.

The phone situation Unfortunately happened to a few room and we did have to have the phone company come out..

As for breakfast, we do meet the standards set by Choice Hotels and even exceed them. We did have the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta and we were actually serving our guest starting at 4am. I do apologize that item were missing and I have already meet with the morning staff to assure that this will not happen again. Thank you for your review, it does help us in improving our guest service.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stay here every time we visit Albuquerque. We love the rooms that open to the indoor pool area. The place has gotten even better since Robert has been there. The pool is like brand-new and there are improvements in the decor that make one feel welcome and at home. Robert is a true professional who is always courteous and polite and willing to do that little extra that makes guests feel special and appreciated.

Room Tip: We are late sleepers, so we like a room on the west side that doesn't get the morning sun.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. It is alway great to hear feedback from our guests.We are glad you enjoy staying with us and that you like the changes we are making. We look forward to serving you again!