“Only average for their choice in window coverings!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites Albuquerque

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #50 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Only average for their choice in window coverings!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

The room was nice, clean, comfortable, even smelled good- like sugar cookies. HOWEVER... there was NO room-darkening features. There was a white sheer curtain to close over the open window but there were two actual dark panels on the side and no curtain rod to go across the entire length of the window. So we woke up to full on sunlight... and couldn't go back to sleep. Not to mention we dressed in the bathroom because anyone in the parking lot or on Menaul could look in and see us walking around. They really need to put blinds orroom-darkening curtains. IDK why they wouldn't put that kind of thing up. Too bad.... because I really liked the room except that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if they have room darkening curtains!!!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. For future reference the blackout curtains are located behind each of the shear curtains. The front desk staff is always available to assist you with any questions and/or concerns. The staff is more than happy to help in any way they can and will come to your room, upon request, to assist in locating or demonstrating the operation of any device. It is our sincere hope you will give Candlewood Suites Albuquerque Midtown another chance when passing through the city. Everyone is eager to welcome you back to the hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was traveling back east and have never had a problem with booking in advance and walking in and being chcecked right in. The staff was helpful and courteous to explain to me where everything was at and how to find my room. The rooms were very clean and nicely made. Bathrooms were very clean, though the shower water pressure was barely enough to get you wet, I am not a big fan of the "less is better" idea. I would much rather have a shower that can deliver some water pressure and clean me off. As all of my previous expieriences with Candlewood Suites, it is not a hotel that is disappointing by any means. Always get a good nights rest, in a very nice and spacious atmoshepre.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pulse351
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you had issues with the water pressure. I would appreciate if you can share the room number with me that way I am able to resolve this issue for future guests. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Hope to see you again when you are in Albuquerque.
West Hollywood, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was working in Albuquerque, NM for 3 months. I chose the Candlewood because of the rate and location. THe staff were friendly and the room was very comfortable for one person. I would certainly stay there again next time I am in Abq.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. We hope to see you next time you visit Albuquerque. We appreciate your feedback.
Clayton, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

I had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before and didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the rooms were accommodating, equipped with a kitchenette and all. There was a laundry room and the washer and dryer service was free to the guests. Since I am a workout buff, the attached workout room had enough equipment in it to get in a good workout each day. The location was very close to Interstate 25 so it was a quick trip to the entrance. There was also a nearby Whole Foods Market a few miles away off of Carlisle, as well as some reasonable eating establishments. The hotel had free coffee at any hour of the day. The only thing missing was a continental breakfast which perhaps one day they will have.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hilary K
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us at the Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. As an option for breakfast, we off our Candlewood Cupboard which is a small convenience store that has a variety of breakfast items to choose from.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

On a road trip from Denver to Scottsdale Albuquerque is a good stoping point We decided on trying the Candlewood Suites since we would get points and the rate was a bargain. We expected a run of the mill property. We got a pleasant surprise The rooms were large they were very clean an the bed was top drawer. The staff was friendly and helpful the location was right off the freeway. If you need a one night stop no need to look further.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
We appreciate your positive feedback. We are centrally located here in Albuquerque so makes a great stop for anyone passing through. Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. Hope to see you again!
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

After spending a month at the Staybridge chain, I found Candlewood to be much better. The room at this place was modern, clean, comfortable and roomy. Pantry, gym and laudry service were all great. Easy check in and out.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Hope to see you next time you are in Albuquerque.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

This place would have been okay except for the fact that I had a brand new pair of Teva sandals stolen one day while I was out. The staff was really not interested in hearing about it and nothing was ever done. On checkout they mentioned they might be able to reimburse me for the sandals and that a manager would be calling but I never heard back. No integrity. Stay someplace else.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Anne D
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
After careful review of our surveillance tapes and lock register, we show no one entered your room with the exception of our Operations Manager and Head Housekeeper. Both of which were in the room momentarily and exited the room empty handed. We have taken every precaution to ensure the safety and security of our guests. I was under the impression this matter was resolved after our last conversation on August 12, 2013. I apologize I must have misunderstood our agreed resolution. Please know I am happy to discuss this matter further if you so desire.