“Great Candlewood property, excellent value”

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #57 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Introduction to Candlewood Suites:
Candlewood is an extended stay property that is positioned a step below StayBridge Suites, which are both managed by IHG. Candlewood is unique in a few aspects that surprises many first timers.

1) Candlewood Suites has weekly, not daily, housekeeping.
2) There is no breakfast, they offer some breakfast items for sale in the little store located on the first floor near the laundry room. Prices were pretty reasonable.
3) The rooms are designed for long term stays, not one night stays. You will see people doing laundry, limited number of staff, and the front desk will close overnight (there is a shutter
4) FREE VHS lending library! This was awesome,hilarious, and sad all at the same time.
5) Frills = NONE. The location is a bit off the beaten path, there are no views, no restaurant onsite, no room service (although delivery is available from nearby fast food joints), and the hotel is designed as functional over design.

I actually had a one night stay and enjoyed the property, especially at the low price point. I thought it was a good value for a clean, quiet, and comfortable place to rest my head for the night and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric E
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you when in Albuquerque again.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

What I like: nice size room with full kitchen,lots of counter space, big flat screen, nice exercise room, FREE laundry room (on 2 floors), good price. Modern bath with great shower.

What I don't like. Wifi isn't fast enough to use Apple TV and watch NBA games, can't stream my companies training videos.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank drdroad

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will see you when in Albuquerque again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Candlewood is conveniently located near the I-25 / I-40 interchange, so it is easy to find from any of the four directions. There was plenty of parking, even after arriving late. The check-in was quick and the room came with free wi-fi. We paid $56/night through Hotels.com, so I was not expecting a lot; however, the room was well-equipped with a full-size fridge, stovetop, microwave, and serving supplies (dishes, etc). The decor is modern, clean, and tasteful. The rooms are also a nice size and include a desk area, as well. It was very quiet and there was no road noise in our room on the backside of the building. I'm was surprised that you can still get this much for such a low price. The only caveat is limited room cleaning, so if you need someone to make your bed and provide clean towels everyday, it's probably not for you; however, they are happy to provide clean towels daily, if you want to pick them up at the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DanainDenver W
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for staying with us here at Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

... bed linen changing are the norm - not a problem for most on an extended stay. You're on your own for breakfast, but each suite has a full-size fridge, two-burner stove top, microwave, dishwasher, dishes, utensils, coffee maker, iron, and ironing board. For breakfast go 1/2 mile north to the Blake's LotaBurger for one of their excellent, huge breakfast burritos.

One problem at this Candlewood - on the last day of your stay put out the "Do Not Disturb" sign or you will be bothered multiple times by housekeeping knocking on the door. That will start about 9 AM, even if you haven't checked out (limit is noon).

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and must agree with you in regards to Blake's. In my opinion, the Best Breakfast Burrito in town!
We are an extended stay hotel, yet welcome any length of stay. You are correct when saying our check out time is noon. Since check outs need a bit more attention than the stay overs, the housekeeping staff prefers to get started on them as early as possible. A call to the front desk is all we need to accommodate a late check out. (Based on availability)
We apologize for the inconvenience and will bring it to the attention of the housekeeping staff. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

The room was nice, clean, comfortable, even smelled good- like sugar cookies. HOWEVER... there was NO room-darkening features. There was a white sheer curtain to close over the open window but there were two actual dark panels on the side and no curtain rod to go across the entire length of the window. So we woke up to full on sunlight... and couldn't go back to sleep. Not to mention we dressed in the bathroom because anyone in the parking lot or on Menaul could look in and see us walking around. They really need to put blinds orroom-darkening curtains. IDK why they wouldn't put that kind of thing up. Too bad.... because I really liked the room except that.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if they have room darkening curtains!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. For future reference the blackout curtains are located behind each of the shear curtains. The front desk staff is always available to assist you with any questions and/or concerns. The staff is more than happy to help in any way they can and will come to your room, upon request, to assist in locating or demonstrating the operation of any device. It is our sincere hope you will give Candlewood Suites Albuquerque Midtown another chance when passing through the city. Everyone is eager to welcome you back to the hotel!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was traveling back east and have never had a problem with booking in advance and walking in and being chcecked right in. The staff was helpful and courteous to explain to me where everything was at and how to find my room. The rooms were very clean and nicely made. Bathrooms were very clean, though the shower water pressure was barely enough to get you wet, I am not a big fan of the "less is better" idea. I would much rather have a shower that can deliver some water pressure and clean me off. As all of my previous expieriences with Candlewood Suites, it is not a hotel that is disappointing by any means. Always get a good nights rest, in a very nice and spacious atmoshepre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pulse351
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that you had issues with the water pressure. I would appreciate if you can share the room number with me that way I am able to resolve this issue for future guests. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Hope to see you again when you are in Albuquerque.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was working in Albuquerque, NM for 3 months. I chose the Candlewood because of the rate and location. THe staff were friendly and the room was very comfortable for one person. I would certainly stay there again next time I am in Abq.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. We hope to see you next time you visit Albuquerque. We appreciate your feedback.