Introduction to Candlewood Suites:
Candlewood is an extended stay property that is positioned a step below StayBridge Suites, which are both managed by IHG. Candlewood is unique in a few aspects that surprises many first timers.
1) Candlewood Suites has weekly, not daily, housekeeping.
2) There is no breakfast, they offer some breakfast items for sale in the little store located on the first floor near the laundry room. Prices were pretty reasonable.
3) The rooms are designed for long term stays, not one night stays. You will see people doing laundry, limited number of staff, and the front desk will close overnight (there is a shutter
4) FREE VHS lending library! This was awesome,hilarious, and sad all at the same time.
5) Frills = NONE. The location is a bit off the beaten path, there are no views, no restaurant onsite, no room service (although delivery is available from nearby fast food joints), and the hotel is designed as functional over design.
I actually had a one night stay and enjoyed the property, especially at the low price point. I thought it was a good value for a clean, quiet, and comfortable place to rest my head for the night and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.Candlewood Suites Albuquerque hotel is located in the heart of Albuquerque, New Mexico and is only a one hour drive to Santa Fe. We are near the city's major highways and just 3 miles from downtown. Just a few minutes away from the Albuquerque International Airport, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park and the mid-town business district. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are also close by. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet, two separate phone lines; check e-mail and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from the free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard, now featuring 'Juan Valdez' complimentary coffee to all guests. You can also purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Pets allowed with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights and $150 for 7+ nights. Pet agreement must be signed at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Candlewood Suites Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Candlewood Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Candlewood Suites