“Decent hotel, decent price”

Sleep Inn Airport Albuquerque
Ranked #41 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Merriam, Kansas
“Decent hotel, decent price”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I was in Albuquerque on business for 4 days. This hotel was a great price and in an area close to where I was working. It was clean and kept clean each day I was there. The A/C worked great and I had to turn it down several times. Staff was great and were ready with a smile every time I saw them. My only complaint (as usual) was the bed. Other than the bed, for me, this was a great option in Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Tahlequah, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 June 2013

First the good.... the room was clean, nicely decorated. They had a nice pool and the breakfast was good.

Then there's the bad...

Short story: AC did not work, temp outside 104.

Long story:this was the worst night that I have ever spend in a hotel. We stayed here on June 27 2013 when it was 104 degrees outside. We checked in early around 3:00 only to go into a very warm room. We figure the air had been off and tried to turn it on, only to realize it was already on. I talked to the receptionst only to find out the hotel was ALL full and she did not have anywhere to move us.... she would send the maintenace person over at 5:00. While we waited the room got so hot we had to open the door to get air from the hallway which was cooler. A very friendly person came in to "fix" the air but told us it needed freeon and he did not have the tools to fix it and the boss had not order any so we were stuck. He moved a few things and hoped it would work. It didn't. I tried again to talk to the front desk person who again informed me ALL the rooms were taken and we could not move. She did tell me that the manager came in to work at 7:00 am and he would refund our money the next day if we decided to go to another hotel. Not wanting to take our chances with the refund my husband thought it best to stay the night....BAD IDEA. The room got so hot that by 12:00 am, we could not take it anymore. I went to the front desk again and again I was told there was nothing he (another worker) could dosince the hotel was booked solid. So I went back to the room open the door and sat there by the hallway keeping the door open with a sandle stuck to the bottom of the door, hoping that at least the cool air outside would cool the room enough so my husband would sleep and drive the next day. I stayed awake the next four hours making sure no one came in the room. At about 4 or so I closed the door and tried to sleep but again the room got too hot. At 5 we had enough and packed up. Thankfully they had breakfast ready by 5:50. We ate and left with a couple of apologies from the guy in the front desk. They never bother to offer a discount or even offer a fan.. We will NEVER stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at your own risk...AC may not work.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank SummerIsFun
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This Sleep Inn has been recently updated. I had a single queen bed room on the third floor. Overall, the room was a bit on the small side but was extremely clean. The bathroom only contained a shower, but was quite large. The breakfast in the morning was considerably better than most Sleep Inn's. It contained all the normal breakfast items, but also had sausage, eggs, and fresh fruit. If I was in the area again, and the price was right, I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Gozags2012
Reviewed 11 May 2013

At my stay. When I walked in I was Greeted with a smile the young lady by the name Lisset took care of me and gave me a great room. The room was very comfortable also very clean. If I had a question or needed of any service they were very nice to attend me. I really recommend this hotel. Thanks to them my stay was wounderful. I will be back soon. Thank you again for having me.

• Stayed May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was on a long road trip and decided to call it a night in ABQ. I had picked up a coupon booklet at the Welcome Center and chose the cheapest room that had everything I was looking for (pool, free internet, hot breakfast). I usually like to look at a room before I take it but the owner, Mike, was really friendly and helpful and reserved a room for me at the coupon price over the phone (many place won't do that), so I went with it and am SOOO glad I did!

The hotel was clean and much nicer than I was expecting for the price (I think it might have just been renovated). The bed was new and firm, my room had a spacious fridge, coffeemaker, ironing board, wardrobe for clothing, and a flat screen TV. The pool was clean and had a hot (not just warm) jacuzzi, which was just what I needed after a long day in the car, and breakfast was great (in addition to cereal, yogurt, toast, juice, coffee, etc, there was eggs, sausage, gravy, waffles and fresh fruit salad).

It was the service that really stood out to me, though. Mike was really helpful and super friendly getting me checked in. When he saw the "om" sign I wear around my neck, he told me about the Hanuman Temple in Taos and even printed out the directions for me. When I got to my room and the fridge didn't work (it was just unplugged), someone came up to look at it within minutes. He was also really friendly and I felt like he really meant it when he gave me his name and said I should call if there was anything else (there wasn't).

I'd definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to a friend :-o).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank beingmeontheroad
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My previous review of this hotel asked you to stand by for a remodel. It's done! Looking good, with just a touch more paint work to be done (elevator, etc). We came in this time for Gathering of Nations Pow Wow, staying 4 nights. We had a fridge in our queen room, but the microwave wasn't there. Upon checking out, I noticed the maintenance man unpacking microwaves, so should be good to go now. I'm liking the new decor. The furniture in the room will take getting used to, as the chair wouldn't raise up quite high enough for the new 'desk'/dresser. As I do paperwork daily, I notice these details. Also, get a training course on the new TV remote, it's a bugger to turn the TV OFF.

Breakfast is full of choices, no matter your preferences. They gave us tickets for breakfast during check-in, but we were never asked for them? Apparently, they've had visitors not staying at the Hotel eat breakfast there. Tacky.

Room Tip: Room 207's climate unit seems a bit noisy to me. Don't worry about the "airport"...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Tucson
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Recently stayed at the Sleep Inn Airport Albuquerque. This motel has recently been remodeled. Having stayed at this hotel and this room several times previously we appreciated the updated room furniture and decor. Fresh and clean, comfortable mattress. Near rear door for easy access to unload car. The staff was most helpful and attentive. Arriving late in the afternoon we appreciated the fresh baked cookies for guests. The breakfast was comprehensive. A complete selection of hot (waffles, meat patties, eggs, biscuits and gravy) and cold (cereal variety, yogurt, sliced fresh fruit, full size muffins and pastries) juices, coffee, tea. Couldn't think of anything they missed. Coffee available all day. Easy access off highway. Near many restaurants and fast food places. Will continue to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple