“Great accommodations”

Ranked #30 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Vancouver, Washington
“Great accommodations”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed one night after arriving late into ABQ. Jackson at the front desk was awesome helping us with a room. The bed was comfortable with the right amount of blankets, the A/C and fan worked well, and the breakfast was complete. It was a great price for the room.

Room Tip: Non-adjoining rooms away from the busy street on the uppermost level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ursula21
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
It's always great to hear wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We definitely work so very hard to maintain a positive vibe in our hotel and its surroundings. To hear one of our guests single out an employee is always great.
We are so happy to hear your stay was memorable enough to provide us with your great comments. We look forward to your return visit so we can once again provide you with great service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
bichonandon
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at this Comfort Inn for 8 days/nights.

First room: As we found out later, it had been a "smoking" room up until the week prior. Everything stunk, and I mean everything. This was a Handicapped Accessible room; everything was low to the ground, including the shower. My 6'4" husband was simply too tall for this bathroom. Also, the bathroom floor had an unacceptable amount of hair on it. Next morning, we asked to switch rooms. We received push-back from the desk agent, since we made our res on Orbitz. I outlined all the problems with the room, including the fact that it was less than clean. Finally they switched us to a different room, which we stayed in for the rest of our trip. It was on the Yale Blvd side (street noise) and at the end of the hall (ice machine and noisy stairway door being slammed at all hours) but we never travel without our earplugs so it was fine. They had cleaned it prior to our occupancy, and it was clean. Note that the bathroom sink is located outside the bathroom at this location.

Breakfast is just what other people have said. Hot coffee, juice, oatmeal, bread/pastries, cereal, yogurt, waffles, eggs and curiously tater tots rather than hash browns.

Agents/employees who were especially professional and helpful were Crystal and Jackson, and the maintenance guy (didn't ask his name) is always hard at work keeping the place clean and running.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the ice machine, stairway door, which slams hard every time used, and pr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
First of let me personally thank you for staying with us during your stay. Despite the minor problems you had I am glad to hear we corrected those immediately. We definitely want our guests to feel comfortable during their stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning one of our valued employees. Thank you once again.
Auburn, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was your typical Comfort Inn. Check in was uncomplicated and the hotel was an easy reach from the airport. It also was conveniently located to the downtown area.
The hotel had one computer in the business center; it was supplied with ink and paper. At times I did have to wait to use it one time but not extraordinarily long. I needed to use it three times.
The hotel had an indoor hot tub and pool; the hot tub held 5 adults. Towels were supplied. I even borrowed a few for the room where they only gave us two a day.
They had daily USA today papers and sent one electronically each morning.
The entry to the room was large but the room itself was small for two adults. The bed was very comfortable. The window air conditioner ran almost continually but the noise was not too loud.
A great benefit for the room we had, facing away from the street, was that it was close enough to the Isotopes field that every home game night they shot fireworks at the conclusion of the game. Be aware if you don't see that as a benefit!
I started each day stressed because the breakfast area was so crowded. The tables were so close to the serving area that it was very difficult to get food. The hotel did open a room down the hall for seating and eating but still it was very crowded to serve yourself. Items on the breakfast bar were also not kept to the correct temperature. I usually went with the make-it-yourself waffle. Also, the person overseeing the breakfast was working hard but it was still messy and items ran low at times. They need to work on a better system for breakfast.
I needed to make a local call and that could not be done from the room phone. It wasn't a big deal since I did have my mobile phone. I don't think I have ever been to a hotel where I couldn't make local calls.
One big thanks though to the property who sent a fax for me free of charge.
Would I stay here again. I would have to think about it. I am in the Comfort Inn frequent stay program and the hotels are hit and miss. I might check for another location if in Albuquerque again.

1 Thank dese2
Let me thank you first and foremost for staying with us on your visit to Albuquerque. We feel that we have a great property with a great staff and we definitely are in great area that has so much to offer. We appreciate you sharing your valued comments as we look to improve on each and every one suggestion, compliment and complaint that our guests provides. We will definitely continue to work hard to show why we are one of the top hotels in Albuquerque. Safe travels.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was a great stay after a long flight. The room was large and very clean. The bed was so very comfortable and the room was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty . Staff were so friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable. We liked this hotel so well that we stayed there again for our flight home after our 9 day vacation visiting Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dcupp
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
After a long day and or drive you definitely want to be in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere and it seems like we were able to provide that for you during your stay. We appreciate the fact you stayed with us and many thanks for mentioning all those great attributes we were able to provide you with.
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our family stayed here for two nights on the way to Arizona and we are glad we did. The hotel was in a great location near the U of NM campus, Isotopes baseball and a host of other activities. The hotel was very clean and the customer service was excellent. Would definitely stay here again if traveling to Albuquerque.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying at our great property during your visit to Albuquerque. We are very lucky to be in such a great area that is surrounded by the airport, restaurants, The Pit, Isotopes Stadium and the campus of UNM.
As a guest you definitely have a great choice of things to do. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return visit.
Clovis, New Mexico
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, even though I arrived late, I was greeted with a warm smile and directed where to park. That doesn't happen at all the hotels I go to. I chose the 3rd floor because I don't like hearing people walking above me all night, and that was a great choice. I was later told at check out that choosing the third floor is best if you want a quiet room, and I definitely got that. Very nice pool and great breakfast in the morning. I have no complaints about this property. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 302 was right next to the stair well (there is an elevator but I choose to take the stairs) and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank miskers1984
A big thank you to for your warm and positive comments. It's great to see that you are so actively involved with letting the word out about your great stay with us. It's not everyday you find guests who appreciate the hard work of the staff and are willing to go the extra mile to emphasize our great staff and hotel. Thank for you staying with us and thank you for posting the pics/
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family and I stayed at this Comfort Inn for 3 nights. The staff was wonderful, courteous, and very helpful. Especially Lily!! She made us feel more like family than guests. She gave us a very good first impression of the friendly people of Albuquerque. The only thing I would change about this hotel is the full size beds. Although they are very comfortable, I wish they had been queen. We will definitely stay here again.

2 Thank Bart G
Thank you for recognizing one of our great employees. We definitely appreciate your business and thank you so kindly for staying with us. I am glad to hear your stay was worth mentioning and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Albuquerque.