“Good Stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #67 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I frequently stay at Marriott with friends and family. This time I caught a deal which was quite a bit cheaper than my friends and family rate. I had to pay in advance and it was non refundable. I guess this hotel offers that rate on a somewhat regular basis. It was easy to get to the University of New Mexico and downtown from here. Close to return my rental car to the airport. Room was clean, not fancy and a little older. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was fairly decent. Overall was a great value and a much nicer stay than I had last year when I stayed at the Fairfield on Manuel (a couple miles north of UNM). Service as I always see at Marriott is good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Greg R;
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay! I would agree that we are fairly priced and provide value not only with our complimentary amenities but also our close proximity, as you mentioned, to the University of New Mexico, downtown, Sunport, Kirtland Air Force Base and many other great places!
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport - we appreciate your business! I hope you will be traveling back to Albuquerque in October to enjoy our wonderful International Balloon Fiesta - don't miss it! We are only 10 minutes south of the park itself - and to see over 500 hot air balloons ascend is quite a sight! Please feel free to reach out to me directly for your next reservation at our hotel.
Tami J. Scott, GM

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently stayed a week at this hotel and the stay was pleasant. The rooms are clean and the beds are nice. The location makes for quick access to the interstate or airport. The free breakfast is very good as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Chad D:
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel - we are glad that you had the experience we strive for daily! I hope that you will come back to our hotel soon and enjoy the great weather in Albuquerque.
Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was not expecting this much from a Fairfield.
In the past I have tried to stay away from Fairfield Inns due to nothing more than uncomfortable beds. After all that is why your there most of the time. This one had very comfortable beds in a very clean and up to date room.
As previous reviewers have mentioned, it has all the amenities such as fitness room, pool and washer and dryer. The fitness room was in great shape with everything in working order.
They did have a complementary breakfast but we were out the door before it began.
Kudos to the management at the Fairfield Inn Airport in Albquerque!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Olineman:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - Fairfield Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport. We appreciate the kind words and we are glad that you found our accommodations comfortable! It is so important to have a comfortable bed and get a restful night, but you will definately have to come back to enjoy the breakfast.

We look forward to serving you again in the future and thank you again for staying with us!

Tami J. Scott GM

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very big, very nice hotel. Plenty of free parking and good free wifi. My room was spacious and functional. It was clean and the bed was VERY comfortable. Nice, clean linens and towels. The bathroom was small and clean, with the sink outside the tub/toilet area. There is a complimentary breakfast in the morning that’s really good.

I was on the 4th floor and I saw a coin washer/dryer on this floor near the elevator (but, I didn’t use them.) There is also a pool and gym (neither which I used).

It was a very nice hotel and I would most definitely stay here again. It is conveniently located off I-25 and is only a couple miles from I-40. All good!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tczig

Dear Tczig:
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our staff! We definately appreciate you staying with our hotel and we do strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations! I'm very glad you enjoyed our hot complimentary breakfast - it is a great way to start your day!
I hope you will come back to our hotel soon and enjoy more of what Albuquerque has to offer!
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pros

* Great value, inclusive of breakfast
* Good bed
* Decent room layout/decor

Con's

* Indifferent staff (no proactive engagement)
* Lack of control of teenagers staying on my floor who created chaos (I had to step in 2x)
* A little far from old town

Room Tip: Hope for no teenagers where you are - Low prices attracts them.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear JackandJill1970,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - I was glad to see that you felt we are a true value with our complimentary hot breakfast. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our decor as well as the comfortable room!
My apologies that you felt our staff was "indifferent" - that is definately not the standard that we cultivate. I will share your comments with our staff to assist us in improving our overall hospitality skills and that we are taking a proactive approach when taking care of our guests.
Albuquerque was hosting the Regional Southwest Soccer Championships this week and we are very grateful to have a great tournament and turnout for this event. However, I know that having this many teenagers in one space can feel overwhelming and I apologize for your experience. We do have all the coaches and parents sign an agreement - and we do try to assist with supervising the teams as best we can; my apologies if they disturbed you in any way.
If you would like to discuss this with me personally I would be happy to speak with you. You can reach me directly at 505-349-2580 or Tami.Scott@Marriott.com. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I try to keep in mind the cost of the stay when I write reviews so I won't go into the little stuff, but for $100+ I would expect better, like the smell of the hotel, comfort of the bed, pillows, etc. first, the vanity lights didn't work at all. We notified the front desk at 2pm and returned to the room at 9pm with no resulte
S. We notified the desk again and a maint guy showed up but couldn't fix it. We had to take the desk lamp off the desk and put it on the vanity so we could have some light. Also, we reported that the door to the room had loose hinges and it didn't sit in the frame without getting caught at the top. We had to be sure the door was closed completely and latched or it would stay open a little. There was no effort to fix the door while we were there.
There weren't enough electrical outlets to charge the electronics. We had to find wall outlets and there weren't many that were easy to get to.
The wall AC blew cold air on the bed so we had to put a chair in front of it to deflect the air.
I would expect this hotel to be in the $69 range not over $100.
On a positive note, the complimentary breakfast was decent and it was pretty quite on the top floor.
I wouldn't stay there again unless it was a better rate. In fact, I doubt that I will stay at a Fairfield again. It simply wasn't worth what we paid for.

Room Tip: Upon checking, go to the room before dragging in your stuff to be sure everything works and it meets...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr. Glenrms,
My most sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. Even with our best efforts we do sometimes fall short of even our own expectations. I am very disappointed that we did not provide you with a clean, comfortable room that works - which is our promise at Fairfield Inn & Suites.
I would ask that you contact me directly and please afford me the opportunity to make this right with you. You can reach me directly at 505-349-2580 or email me at Tami.Scott@Marriott.com.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on our first night of a seven day trip to New Mexico. The accommodations were clean, well appointed, and the staff gracious. We were delighted at the quality of the free continental breakfast. Not only did it have the ubiquitous waffles, but there were multiple selections of fresh fruit, unsweetened oatmeal, nuts and raisins and brown sugar to garnish the oatmeal, and an assortment of baked goods. The tea and coffee selections were also extensive. We had initially only booked this hotel for our first night in New Mexico because it was convenient to the airport, however, after such a nice stay we returned and spent a second night. The hotel was really delightful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Laura M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent trip to New Mexico and particularly our hotel - The Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. We are dedicated to your comfort and take pride in our excellent service provided by our staff. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast as we strive to meet the needs of our guests in offering a healthy variety.
I hope that you will come back to our hotel again when you visit New Mexico and please do not hesitate to reach out to me to make those reservations!