“Great steak”

Cowboy Butte Grill and Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Fredonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The vegetables were probably frozen, not fresh, but I didn't care as the steak and the accompanying beans were great.

Boyfriend had pork with apples and was quite happy.

There are newer reviews for Cowboy Butte Grill and Steakhouse

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

My family has eaten there three times and every time we have the best beef. I especially like the roast beef and my daughters love the homemade salad dressing. Great service, comfortable booths, and homey atmosphere.

1  Thank ilovetheWSJ
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Staying in Kanab and very disappointed with the choice for dinner we came across this steakhouse on the way back from the Grand Canyon and boy were we pleased. Fredonia seems like a very unlikely place to have such an awesome restaurant.

Extremely well maintained and nicely decorated with really friendly staff. We ate early so it wasn't busy. We both had pork chops, although they were actually pork steaks, which were served over baked apples, with mashed potato and gravy and steamed vegetables. The baked apple provided a great contrast, the mashed potato was fantastic and the steamed veggies were cooked to perfection with a bit of a crunch. The portion size was great. They only had 3 dessert choices which comprised either chocolate, coconut or banana pie which coming from England was more like a mousse style desert in a pastry case - what can I say other than fantastic.

If passing STOP, if in Kanab then take a short drive its only 3 miles south of the border and worth it unless you like restaurants that charge a fortune and serve average food - if this is your preference then perhaps Kanab is for you.

1  Thank Martintracy
Reviewed 20 July 2013

While staying in Kanab, this steakhouse was recommended to me independently by two local residents, so I drove out to Fredonia to try it out. I am very pleased that I did! A couple of things before I get to the food. Firstly it closes at 8pm (AZ time) so you need to be mindful of daylight savings in summer. I thought this was quite early, but the restaurant is in a fairly quiet area. Secondly they don't serve alcohol. This was not an issue for me, and I was happy with free refills of diet soda. I had an awesome ribeye, perfectly cooked, with fries and the brilliant home-made baked beans (you have to try these if you visit). The staff and the service were also great. This place is definitely worth the trip. It's the best choice for a steak in the Kanab/Fredonia area.

1  Thank drjudo
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We ate here after trying 2 other places in Kanab. A local businessman recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. My husband, who travels frequently on business and has had many meals out, found the ribeye steak to be outstanding. The salmon, although a smaller portion than I expected, was absolutely delicious. Both the baked potatoes and salad were generously-portioned and our server was both friendly and efficient. I wish that the dinner rolls had not been clearly grocery-store bag quality, that the dressings were not Kraft-straight-from-the-bottle (except for their house ranch dressing, which was excellent) and that the hand-cut fries had not been greasy and limp instead of crispy as expected. Still, even with these negatives, this dining experience beat the Kanab ones hands down. We would definitely go back again if we were in the area.

1  Thank PolythanePam