Hale Ho'ola B&B
Manago Hotel(Captain Cook)(Great Value!)
US$82
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
US$243
  • Pool
Kona Seaside Hotel(Kailua-Kona)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$165
Orbitz.com
US$1,422
US$1,145
US$594
Priceline
Kalaekilohana(Naalehu)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgreat hostsbig islandwild pigsb beach morningfruitbeach towelsa great place to staypalm roomocean viewlocal sightsthe upper deckcovered porchleft earlytwo nightslocal kona coffeewished we could have stayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Bob and Mary happily include their guests into the family, sharing generous breakfast, stories and helpful hints to make the most out of your stay on the outstanding lanai upstairs. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. Beach gear like umbrellas, towels, bodyboards are available for the guests. Conveniently located to the top snorkel and sunset spots south of Kona.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My wife & I were looking for a quiet B & B that served an actual breakfast & had two beds & a private bath. This was just the ticket. Our breakfasts made & served by Mary were "wonderful" and our morning conversations with Bob was helpful in directing us to the best eateries as well as places to visit. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2009

My partner and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Hawaii, four days of which we spent at Hale Ho'ola and couldn't be happier with our experience. In short - Mary and Bob are fantastic! Both gave us some great activity suggestions, Mary provided some of the best breakfast we had throughout our stay, and Bob provided some of the best story-telling we've heard in a long time; Bob even broke out cigars and brandy and the two guys chatted for better than an hour one evening.

Their home is perfectly lovely. The previous reviewer is correct - it's not ocean front property, but nothing about Hale Ho'ola states that it is. There is a panoramic ocean view from the breakfast area and, when the Hawaii weather cooperated, it was breathtaking. Yes, it is absent air-conditioning, but none of the B&B's we stayed in throughout our entire trip had air-conditioning....it's Hawaii for god's sake - turn on the ceiling fans (which were more than enough), open your windows and breath the fantastic fresh air.

I don't know what to say about the previous review. Our trip was less than 2 weeks after theirs and our experience (and mind you - we actually stayed!) is without any complaint. If you want air-conditioning, a swimming pool, room service, etc... stay at some mass-marketed resort. If however you want charming accomodations, amazing food, colorful characters and an incredibly unique and memorable experience then Hale Ho'ola - and Mary and Bob - are a good bet.

Maholo.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2009

I have just concluded a return visit to Hale Ho'ola. My second experience has been a happy reunion with Bob and Mary and experiencing the delights of their hospitality, local knowledge, tranquility and Mary's luscious breakfasts. I was delighted to see again the well maintained tropical gardens. My suite was spotless and all amenities up to my expectations, especially the comfortable queen size bed - a wonderful, restful way to finish the day after traveling and sightseeing the beautiful island of Hawaii.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My husband and I had a delightful three days at Hale-Hoola Inn enjoying quiet nights, beautiful views of the Pacific Ocean, lovely breakfasts and the most friendly inn keepers I've ever met. The directions to the inn were clear and easy to follow, rooms were very clean and each has it's own private bath and balcony as well as a shared sitting room. Upstairs was a large shared balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The gardens surrounding the inn were well tended and full of wonderful Hawaiian fruit trees and flowers. The inn is within 20 minutes of fine dining and a beautiful 40 minute drive from the heart of the Kona coast. We couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay. Thank you Mary and Bob. We loved your home.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)