“Clean, good value.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Curly Redwood Lodge
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Very simple accommodations -- Friendly service, queen bed in a large room with a couple chairs and a small TV, but for the price it's fine. Very clean, free WiFi. Something of a step into the past.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Curly Redwood Lodge

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed with my sister in one of their two-room suites. Prices were very affordable. Furniture was great and made me feel like I was stepping back in time. Real glasses in the bathroom a plus for me. I would definitely come back for one reason: the manager. He was SUPER friendly and accommodating. He had great tips on local restaurants. I was wishing I had needed more than a bed and food just so that I could have had more contact with him. lol

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Quaint place, give it a look. Large rooms, very clean, reminds me of roadside motels from traveling in 60's and 70's. Beds could be more comfortable, rather too firm. Worth the price and would stay there again for the price.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This place is nice and cozy and full of character. The rooms are massive, but a little dated-looking. The innkeeper was very friendly and helpful in answering my questions. The walls are a little thin, and we could hear the sea lions barking during the night. While some may think this a bad thing... I don't necessarily look at it this way. It just added to the authentic, unique experience that I enjoyed. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith-B-Robinson
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This place is very clean - but very dated and old. Sheets on bed are very cheap. There are no amenities except coffee in the lobby which you would more than likely pass on if the old lady (owner) is in there working as she is very rude! Dont ask for an extra pillow or towels (again, minimally equipped for TWO people or she'll give you a big sigh and roll her eyes - and make you feel like a jerk for even asking.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 March 2012

The motel is very cool in regards to the history and the beautiful redwood throughout. The location is nice also. We walked across the road to the harbor area and ate dinner at the grotto. The negative was the bed. It had a mattress protector like the type you have to keep a child from peeing on the mattress and the bed was basically very uncomfortable. Wanted to love it, but it definitely fell between poor and average to me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I understand this place is old and many seem to believe this old, antiquated looks amounts to "charm." I would say in all likelihood, if you're considering staying here, you really just want a comfortable and safe place to get a good night's sleep without paying an arm and a leg. That's really all I wanted...

Instead, what I got was a terrible, terrible experience. The room was what you would expect for $50-$60, but the bathroom has not been updated in what looks like 60 years (see picture!). My wife would not even shower in there. Still, the biggest problem is the paper-thin walls. There was a drunk couple who brought back a "third" person from some nearby bar, and what ensued was hours and hours of loud arguing about a threesome (SERIOUSLY!), then crying, and no sleep for my sick wife or myself. It was terrible.

I called the front desk, but no one picked up. The next morning, the front desk and manager advised that if I was having a problem, I should have called the police. Not very accommodating at all. I was told if I had called the police, they would consider a partial refund.

In my experience, it's not so wise to call the police on drunk people and risk getting my tires slashed or worse....would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple