“Old” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Curly Redwood Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Curly Redwood Lodge
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Santa Cruz, Ca.
“Old”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

This place looks like they have changed nothing since the 50's. The rooms are big & quiet. There are zero amenities other than hot water in the lobby in the morning.

• Stayed May 2008
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Corvallis, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2008

Traveling with 2 small children, we booked directly with the hotel after searching online for something with some character. This place did have a quaint sort of 50s feel, with pretty tile in the shower and old aluminum frame windows (I think even the lamps were original!), but the beds were creaky and springy, and with a door that entered to an indoor/outdoor hall, we could not open the east windows to allow a cross-breeze without inviting any passer-by to look in on us.

There is a greasy spoon across the street for inexpensive fisherman's breakfast (HUGE portions), and if you are a sprinter you can cross the highway to walk down by the ocean. For Crescent City, I suppose this is about what I expected, but I don't think I would recommend it to visitors particular about getting a good night's sleep, except in the off season. Our toddler was a terrible sleeper, and I pity the people who had to hear her fussing all night.

It wasn't such a bargain, in my book, at $75.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank finewhine69
Smithville,MO.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

I stayed here for a couple of days in early December and could not have been more pleased! My room was large and uncluttered, very clean, and the owners were terrific. Combined with off-season rates what more could you ask for?

• Liked — Large clean room, friendly people
  • Disliked — Poor internet access
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2007

This motel is a flashback to the 50's (or sometime around there) and I don't think they've updated anything since then. The rooms are big and clean. The bathroom was fine despite its age. The curly redwood incorporated into the entire motel wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. I could hear the road noise at night. It is not in the center of Crescent City but not to far away, though it is not walking distance.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Reservation method- you have to email them and wait for their answer
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled solo
oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2007

My Boyfriend and I stayed at the lodge as we were driving to San Francisco from Salem Oreegon.. We were going to camp for the night but wile eating dinner at the establishment right accross the street. I gave the suggestion to check what the price was going to be and thought we would be better rested if we stayed in a hotel rather then tent camping.. We ended up having a 2 queen bed room for 61.00 a night.. The room was very clean and reminded me of the 50's style hotel my dad or mom would have stayed in. Our room had a view of the harbor and a view or the woods out back.. I would stay at the hotel again in a heart beat.. I am somewhat picky when it comes to a hotel.. Even though we did not have a pool.hot tub or anything like that it is a basic clean hotel and I did not feel I needed to sleep in my sleeping bag.. The inn keeper lady was very nice as well... Thank You for a great nights sleep.. I was very energized for the Trees of Mystery the next day as well as my drive to San Francisco..

• Liked — how clean the and how well cared for the place was
  • Disliked — no bath tub. coffee was in a small cup.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2007

Outside seemed nice enough for a 50's-style motel and the history of the place was interesting. Not interesting enough to make up for the shabby room. 30-year old, dirty carpet and furniture that consisted of a sagging bed and two chairs. I'm not that picky, but left this place and found another.

Stayed August 2007
Long Beach. CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2007

Due to a change of driving plans, we arrived at the Curly Redwood Lodge with two people instead of only one. The lady at the front desk chided quite me sharply for not booking a room with two beds. When I assured her that we would be fine with a rollaway, she tartly informed me that they had no rollaways.

A motel with no rollaways? Anyway, once she had warmed up a bit, she informed us with great secrecy that we should not tell anyone, but she would give us a pillow and blanket - at no charge! - and one of us could sleep on the floor.

Thanks, but no thanks. Worth avoiding.

• Liked — The name
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#10 of 18 in Crescent City

Been to Curly Redwood Lodge? Share your experiences!