“Keep Looking”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Curly Redwood Lodge
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The motel was "carved out of a single red wood tree" - there - thats the excitement, and its all down hill from there. Each room has some redwood panels in it, ok. The rooms were outdated, and smelled like moth balls. The carpeting was shag and who knows what was living it it was so old. The shower was a plastic shell crammed in a corner, the comforter and bedding, well, need to be replaced. The furnishing were old. My kids found a dead bug under the sheet, an earwig to be exact, so that was the bed I got to sleep on luck me. We checked for bed bugs and didnt see any (just saying we had to do this). I dont think a dime was put into this place since it was built in the 50s. I thought the staff were a bit grumpy. The town itself is sketchy. We tried to have a nice time at the beach, but were this homeless person (who appeard to be on drugs) kept trying to horn in on our fire, and we eventually had to leave the beach entirely. My kids were kind of freaked out for several hours and she became known as the infamous "sea hag", and a great halloween costume idea. If you are looking for a place to stay, I would find another hotel, and maybe even another city.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EricG123
crlodge701, General Manager at Curly Redwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Let me correct you on a few because it seems you haven’t experienced much in historic properties, antiques, coastal towns, homeless people and the list goes on. Our furniture is original from the 50s, our showers are all tiled, not plastic, carpeting is high end low pile (not shag, though we did have it in the early 70s). We are a "blast from the past" favored by many who remember traveling with their parents and staying in large comfortable rooms with a home like atmosphere. We continue to keep our property in pristine shape, inside and out. In general you didn’t like anything our beautiful lodge and costal town has to offer, your loss. Happy travels!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

My mom and I stayed for two nights in July and everything was wonderful. My mom lives in Oregon and I was up visiting her from California when her air conditioner quit working at her house. Too hot at her house so made a last minute getaway. Staff was friendly, room was clean and will be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula M
Reviewed 13 July 2014

What a find! We loved our last minute decision to stay at the Curly....
Clean and the rooms are huge! The shower was great.. haven't seen one like it for ages.. baby tub for soaking feet.... Over all a great find and recommended.

1  Thank bandmdunkley
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We arrived for a 3 day stay, but stayed 12. We found places and people we became friendly with and decided to hang around. Crescent City has it's good and bad like everywhere else including where we're from, Hawaii. But we enjoyed friendly people that said hi, excuse me, can I help you, or just smiled with a big hello. The ocean was calm and the fisherman brought in their fresh catch. We were right across the street from it all.
The staff at Curly Redwood is exceptional, the room was comfortable, and the price genuinely reasonable. We liked it here and rarely stay at any vist longer than 3 days.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have stayed here off and on for years. We stayed in an ADA room as that was all that was left, but we have done that at other places before. This room is probably the most spacious ADA room we have stayed in. The shower was wonderful. TV was up to date. Two knocks which prevented this fun place from being a 4 rating: There is a rubber matting under the sheets in this room (for obvious reasons)...which made sleeping on these beds very warm in the night; and, the bath towels are the thinnest I have ever used in a motel. For us it is a 3 rating, but for someone requiring an ADA room it would be a 4 easily.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I were visiting the redwoods for the first time since we were teens. We're in our 50s now. There are no Marriotts in Crescent City, so we chose the CRL because we got an extremely good rate, then we crossed our fingers and hoped that the place would be okay. We loved it. Staying at the Lodge is like time traveling back to the 1970s. The furniture, color schemes, layout. Everything. The room we had smelled kinda musty but was acceptably clean and very spacious. The location is perfect. You can walk to several restaurants and the harbor is literally right across the street. A great base for exploring the redwoods and the beautiful northern California coast. We will be back.

Room Tip: Wifi signal is stronger the closer you are to the office.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our stay at the Curly Redwood Lodge was all that one could ask and much for in a local motel. It was spacious, super clean and very handy to all of nearby activities. We toured Jedediah Smith Redwoods S. P. and Redwood N. P. We checked out the harbor and generally enjoyed ourselves. I would stay at Curly Redwood again without hesitation and recommend it to any traveler plus it was an excellent value - clean, clean, clean .............

Room Tip: Ground floor unit made for easy in & out. Very satisfactory parking
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Curly Redwood Lodge? Share your experiences!