“No Clean Sheets”
Review of Bayview Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Bayview Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 8 July 2012

A block of rooms had been reserved for our class reunion. I called to reserve a room for 2 nights and received my confirmation. When we checked in, the desk clerk seemed rattled, unsure of herself, and had difficulty locating our reservation. She also charged us for 3 nights instead of 2. The entire check in process was painful. As for the room, it was nothing special, the heating/cooling unit was difficult to keep a constant temperature making it difficult to sleep at night because of the temperature fluctuation. We wanted to open the window to get fresh air and cool the room down but there wasn't a screen on the window to keep any bugs out. The maid service is mediocre at best, there was a scrap of paper on the carpet under one of the chairs when we checked into our room and the maids never saw it, the paper was still there when we checked out. PLUS, they don't change the sheets on a daily basis. My husband and I were very disappointed in the quality of the room and the service so we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SnagQueen

Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

Seriously contemplated going to a gas station to use their bathroom as bugs kept appearing in the hotel bathroom. They likely don't wash the comforters after each guest by the way my dog was sniffing them. No breakfast. No hot water durring. a portion of the evening when it did work the shower oscilated from scalding to freezing

Stayed here because it was the last dog friendly non smoking room in town, totally know why too.

It was quiet though and staff was nice enough.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank SuperDaveA
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had planned on going further on the road today, but the weather had us stopping in Crescent City. I couldn't get a connection on my cell to search for hotels, so we went on site. This hotel looked nice from the outside.

Inside was a bit dated, but very, very clean, and the price was very good. For a quick overnight stop, this was just what we were looking for. Free wifi, cable tv and clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank K8ddid
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This hotel appears nicer on the outside then it does on the inside.

Initial Impression: Very friendly and professional attendant. The room, however, smelled unpleasantly. This is basically because the place is dated, not because of uncleanliness.

The room: Dated. The air conditioner/heater was an older-style fan forced unit which was loud and positioned so close to the bed, I barely slept due to ambient breeze from the fan and the noise. Additionally, the curtains didn't close completely, letting an annoying crack of light in despite multiple attempts to fix it. Basically, issues relating to the overall age of the hotel. The hotel did not offer breakfast.

I appreciate the pleasant and professional service provided from the front desk staff both the night of check in and the next morning when leaving. I think hotel management has a wonderful opportunity to transform this hotel with simple upgrades.

The price we paid was quite cheap but I think we get what we paid for.

Room Tip: Beware this hotel has 2 buildings and 3 levels, all without elevators so keep in mind if you have ki...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natesgal
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Tis hotel has had a face lift. It looks friendly and inviting. The price was a great value. We had a choice of 3 rooms to decide which bed was good for us as some beds had been updated. We had a room with a view over the Harbour. It was nice for the price. There are no elevators, but if you are happy to walk up stairs and save about $20 over the other hotels in town, it is well worth it.

Room Tip: Check out the beds as there are different models and ages in many rooms. This will ensure you have a...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kay B
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I frequently travel to Crescent city to visit family. I always stay at this hotel. The employees remember me by name and go out of there way to make my stay as comfortable as possible.The rooms are clean and comfy and the restaurant next door is conveniently located right on the property.

Room Tip: There's a great view of the bay and Lighthouse from the third floor
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

me and my family stayed here on our way back home and we had a great nights stay and the employees were very nice, we will be staying here again and recomending it to everybody else we know passing through crescent city. there is a restaraunt nest door and a ocean world too, which the kids enjoyed very much.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family