“Great Value for the Price”
Review of Bayview Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Bayview Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We came across this hotel after we quickly vacated the Econo Lodge in the same city due to a horrible experience. We stopped at another hotel right down the street and they wanted $139 for the night. This ended up being only $69 for the night (veteran discount) for a double queen room!

We were very happy with the HUGE room. It definitely could use some updating but I could care less. The vanity area was huge and there was even a sofa in the room. The bed didn't look that comfortable but looks are deceiving. We had a great night's sleep.

Noise was not an issue for us since we were in the back, 2nd building, on the back side away from traffic. Plus we always run the air to drown out any noise.

There was no breakfast but for $69 who cares? We went to the Safeway down the street and got some awesome bagels and juice.

I'm usually one to stick to the chain hotels, but if you are going to be in Crescent City, either passing through or staying a few days, I would definitely recommend Bay View Inn.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about traffic noise, ask for a room on the backside of the 2nd/back building.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank squiffy35
There are newer reviews for Bayview Inn

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed on the second floor of the newer building in a room facing the street. This motel is right along the highway, so you will hear some road noise. The rooms facing the bay really don't have a view, but they might be good for being away from the traffic.

Your "key" will be an actual single key, not a set of cards. The staff was nice and helpful.

The buildings are outdated and have lots of areas that need repair or touch-ups. Our room had a refrigerator that was missing a leg, drapes with slashes in them, a mattress with stains on the sides, and the bottom sheet kept coming off of the mattress on one corner due to it being too small. The mattress and pillows were comfortable though. We did not hear very much noise from other guests.

Breakfast is not included with the stay, but the Apple Peddler restaurant next door gives 10% off. Unfortunately, it is not a highly rated restaurant and the food is overpriced. We did not try it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This place was a second choice as the higher rated hotel was booked solid. The woman at the front desk was friendly and we were just grateful to have a room. The room was in a separate building next to the raunchy restaurant at the top of the stairs. I was a little apprehensive when you see fellow travelers (possibly from Pelican Bay) sitting in front of their windows chain smoking Newports and having some beers...car doors locked, check...front door locked,check. The room looked more like a hospital room than a motel room, sink right next to the bed with a long fluorescent lamp running along the top. The tv came in fuzzy and wifi was great if you stood by the window facing the highway otherwise it was nonexistent. It was clean enough and it was nice having a mini fridge. The bed had seen better days and you could feel each and every spring poking through. I have stayed in worse but hopefully will not have to go back ever!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rob_g03
Reviewed 22 July 2013

On our way to Redwoods. Great deal! $59 for 2 adults. Room was spacious, very clean and bed was comfy. We liked so much that we stayed another night! Restaurant next door. I don't look for swanky. I look for clean and good price for senior citizen's budget. This was very clean and didn't break the bank. Also, ocean was behind the motel. No ocean view, but could walk to the ocean.

Room Tip: Rooms on back of building are quiet. No traffic behind motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

The room was half the price of the Best Western so we saved big there. Room was very spacious although dated. Bathroom was clean, no mold but the shower curtain was very smelly. The bed killed my husbands back. No pool or breakfast, but again was a cheap place to rest our heads. The wifi worked which is always a plus!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Altho the front desk attendant was pleasant I should have known from the price that this wasn't for me. Room fairly large but looks out on parking lot and street. Several of the male guests made me uncomfortable with their demeanor. I wish the chairs in the room were wooden or plastic as I am concerned about sanitation with so much textile. I will have to say it was quiet which is a plus. I most definitely will not be back.

Room Tip: I could not recommend this property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We stay in the hotel on june 27, 2013. The room looks clean but smell like animal urine(cat) , we were tired from driving but i couldn't cause by smell, next day i call the front desk and let them know about it they send someone, and the person egree with me about the ugly smell, but when we check out and i ask what will be done in this case, they say the smell is cause by new carpet. wish is ridiculous. I am very disopoint about it. the room number is 211.I

Room Tip: maybe offering a discount in cases like this.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family