“It's the Ewok forest!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Jedediah Smith Campground
Copper Mountain, Colorado
“It's the Ewok forest!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Maybe one of the most spectacular places on the planet. The river is the only undammed river in all of California and is clear and refreshing to swim in. The trees are massive and I love the rain forest feel. Campground is always full so make reservations, but make reservations because you don't want to miss this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MCJamesD123

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Penticton
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My pet peeve with JS campground is two-fold: first, $35/night for a tent seems pretty steep to me. Secondly, there was nothing in any of the literature I read beforehand to let me know the showers are coin-operated! This is 2014, and I'm sure I'm not alone in my propensity for leaving pocket change at home. I enjoyed the scenery, the quiet and the lack of noise pollution. Take your mosquito repellant, and camp wood is way cheaper at Home Depot in Crescent City.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Arwen S
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

As soon as we arrived a very cheerful lady checked us in and told us we had the best site on the campground - she was right. Site 52 was in a very wooded area but with a clearing to sit and view down to the river and trail a few steps away. The showers and toilets were some of the cleanest and well kept I have seen in a state park and it was a very relaxing campground. If you go to the visitors centre just opposite the entrance to the park then you may be lucky enough to talk to Ron. He was so enthusiastic and helpful with he various hikes around and we took the Boy Scout Trail and Stout Grove walks were excellent for short walks although the Howland Hill Road is very dusty, bumpy etc to get to the trail heads !

Room Tip: Sites 48-52 are along the river with 52 having the best situation.
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank petmadness
Port Angeles, Washington
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I truly enjoyed this State Park. The setting was beautiful, cute little gift shop, and the things to see and do were plentiful. My boys had fun participating in the Redwoods Adventure Quest and earning their free badge! The sites were wooded and private(try to snag one by the river if you can.) We really enjoyed a lazy day laying by the river letting our boys search for crawdads. The only two negatives to this campground were that you have to pay for the showers, which is rather typical but nice when you don't have to, and there are absolutely NO hooks to hang your stuff on in the showers. That sounds silly, but it is sort of awkward trying to find a place for your clothes and toiletries. Also, no soap is provided near the sinks so it is a good idea to keep some hand wash in your pocket when headed to the restroom. We would definitely camp here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank CamptasticTraveler
Mt. Clemens Michigan
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were sad to say goodbye to this campground. The sites are big, the restrooms are clean (except you need to bring your own soap to wash your hands), and the scenery is unmatched. There is a ton of hiking and river access around this campground. You do have to pay for the showers but on the plus side the water never got cold. We stayed at site 16 which was great but on both sides there is access to the river so we had people walking day and night next to our site.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sarah D
Saline, Michigan
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here one night on our roadtrip from Cali to Michgan. We ended up here on a whim and paid $35 for a site. The sites were VERY spacious although they did range in size. We got a HUGE site for our little prius and little 2 person tent but the campground was not even close to full. They had very nice bathrooms and showers (quarter operated). They had trails and the campground it right on a lovely clean river. They had fire pits and food lockers. We had everything we needed. It was so magical to camp underneath such giant trees. Make sure to drive over to stouts grove just a few miles away for a nice 1/2 mile loop trail through an incredible forest!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jenna M
Milwaukee
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is probably the best campground I've ever camped at. Each campsite is very spacious and can probably accommodate three to four 2-4 person tents if you wanted to, and it's also surrounded by redwoods. The one downside to the campsite is that there is not much coverage between the campsites, but it's so spacious, that it doesn't really matter too much.
If you get a campground in the 50's, they run along the river and you can take a short walk down to the river.
The campsites are very clean and come with their own bear lockers.
The bathrooms/showers are the cleanest that I've seen for a campsite. It looked like it was recently renovated with new tiles. They were better than the other hotels' bathrooms that we stayed at along our road trip

Room Tip: Campground in the 50s runs right next to a river
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 18 in Crescent City
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Been to Jedediah Smith Campground? Share your experiences!