“Breakfast buffet- just OK”
Review of northwoods restaurant - CLOSED

northwoods restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Northwoods Best Western motel
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Breakfast buffet at northwoods restaurant comes free with a stay at the Best Western hotel next door. While we did appreciate the all-you-can eat buffet with hungry teenagers, the quality was just so-so. We liked that they made scrambled eggs with veggies in them, but unfortunately could taste the cheap cooking oil. There were decent pancakes, sausage links, ham, biscuits and gravy, toast, and some watery oatmeal. Could not get too excited by any of it, but it was filling.

There are newer reviews for northwoods restaurant

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Didn't eat since I only saw the waitress twice in a half hour. Got coffee it tasted like cheap hotel room coffee. Looked like water. Would recommend it. Went else where.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We ate here on our vacation. Our waitress was kind and very helpful. The food was delicious and the servings was very plentiful.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We just walked back to the motel from dinner here. We both got a free shrimp cocktail with a coupon from our motel. It was good with a nice flavored cocktail sauce. My wife had the fried prawn dinner (butterflied and breaded) with steamed veggies and a baked potato. She opted for the cup of clam chowder for her appetizer and said it was very good.

I had the apple stuffed salmon special that was simply awesome. I opted for salad bar (many choices for the salad) and steamed jasmine rice with steamed veggies (mainly carrots with some zuccini and broccoli).

She shared a bottle of house chardonnay and a glass of iced tea for me. We both had a flavored cheese cake. Price about $75. I thought it reasonable for all that we had.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Being in a seaside location the seafood should be good, right? Wrong! For the second time on this road trip I had one of the worst seafood meals ever. I ordered sautéed shrimp with fries. The shrimp looked to be fresh and was cooked properly but they put a weird yucky sauce in the sauté that totally destroyed the flavor of the shrimp. I should have just stuck with the deep fried. The fries were homemade and pretty good but I thought it was odd that the fries and the shrimp came on separate plates. The meal included the salad bar which was good. The service was good but the sauce on the shrimp completely overshadowed everything else about the meal. It was pretty bad.

This restaurant is part of the Best Western Hotel and serves a free breakfast with your room. The breakfast buffet was good. It included scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, fruit, cereal, and probably some other stuff I’m forgetting.