Americas Best Value Inn
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
US$153
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$128
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
US$69
US$145
US$140
BestWestern.com
US$125
US$114
QualityInn
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
US$117
US$114
Travelocity
Crescent Beach Motel(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
US$97
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently went on a road trip from Springfield, Oregon to Los Angeles, California and stayed in quite a few hotels/motels. For a first night, this was really not a bad place nor a bad price. Be advised that this hotel is very basic. There isn't any A/C (I knew going in, so I brought a portable fan), no wi-fi (went down the street to McD's to use theirs) and the breakfast was just okay (didn't so much care as I just needed something to get on the road).

I read the reviews about not honoring coupons and this is true. The night I stayed they were over 75% full, but I booked my reservation online and they had to honor the deal I got through their website with their rewards program. Advice: book online before you go. Save time and money.

As for my stay, I really had no complaints. The woman who checked me in was kind and friendly. She laughed at all the confirmation reservations I had with me in my folder and told me I had booked at a good rate. Mostly families were staying there and I heard nothing all night; got a good night's sleep for my long drive the next day. The inn is close to the beach and pretty much everything (food, grocery stores, gas). I took a drive down to Pebble Beach before dinner and walked in the water.

The only real complaint I had had nothing to do with the hotel. There were a bunch of road workers staying there, getting drunk outside and being loud. I just went in my room and locked the door. Heard nothing after that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Americas B, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

thank you for taking the time to write us a review we enjoy hearing for our guests. we appreciate all of the advise we are given and take our guests opinion to heart so thank you again we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very friendly lady at front desk made us feel appreciated. No snoppers in parking lot for two night stay. Very quiet and THREE PILLOWS ohh yeah!! Clean huge rooms smells good! Best price I have paid for a room in California! All together best place to stay! Not a over statement either!

• Stayed: June 2013

we are very glad you had the three pillows that was an idea from a guest. thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Very disappointed. We had a VALID coupon for this hotel, and as a walk in, on a Friday night, we knew we were going to pay $5 more as it was the weekend. When we walked in office, the response was "No, we can't do that - the hotel is 75% full"
There is nowhere on the coupon, with valid dates, that stated this clause. So instead of getting the room for $58 as per the coupon we had to pay $85.
POOR MANAGEMENT!
This is our last ABV Inn.

Room Tip: Don't go there with coupons - they may not honour them!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Americas B, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your review. The Travel Guide Coupon Guide, does in fact, post a statement in the front of the book. It states that hotels can refuse coupons after a room capacity of %75. It also states that hotels may have different black out dates, etc. I am sorry if you did not see this and it should have been shown to you when you disputed the cost.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Nice clean, comfortable room; nice bathroom; fast Internet; didn't feel unsafe at this motel - it seemed quieter and safer than many I've stayed in. Friendly reception staff and big reception area, lots of room for continental breakfast folks. Recommended as inexpensive, but not fancy accomodation in Crescent City.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

First off, you never put two young female travelers with an out of state license plate in the furtherest room possible. Placed every person as far away from eachother as possible leaving each group isolated. My car was full of stuff (I am moving). There was a man who was scouting out the parking lot, walked past our room 4 times and an elderly couples room, looking in on what we had. When we closed the blindes i peaked out and he was staring into my car. Called police, did not feel safe, police established that person had no reason to be there. As we were leaving, after the police gave the OK to leave, two other people arrived to meet up with said person, started scouting again. NOT safe! THIS WAS NOT THEIR FIRST RODEO!! They were pro's and they knew exactly which rooms to scope out. They scoped out an old couples room and two young females rooms. They knew who was vulnerable and exactly which rooms they were in. Clearly an inside job!! If that isn't enough to convince you, it was dirty and definatly not cleaned!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends