“Good night's sleep, friendly staff”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Night Auditor, who I called late while still on the road, was very cheerful and professional. Same goes for the front desk staff the morning after. I definitely felt like this hotel does a better than average job of hiring th right people, and training them well. Our room was pretty good for $90+, though it smelled of urine. This is why I stayed here, because I have two dogs, and I understand that not all owners are good about attending to their dogs. The hotel charges a $10 pet deposit per dog. My advice to the hotel is to spend that money on sealant under the carpet so the smell doesn't get into the concrete, and an effective enzyme to eat the bacteria, thus preventing the smell. A UV lamp will show you where dogs pee, typically at the door jambs near the bathroom, and this is where you apply the enzyme. With the windows open for a few minutes the scent vented out. Continental breakfast was good. Would give this place 4 stars if not for the reek of urine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Americas B, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

We thank you for the suggestions we will look into your ideas and try them out we thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion. we thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We ended up booking this hotel at the last minute... Read all the reviews ahead of time so pretty much knew we what we were getting paid for.... The bathroom was tiny and shower was small no tube so if you little ones don't say here. There is no a/c and the heater rattles when in use. But for the most part the room was clean. The flat screen tv is place in area that makes it hard for everyone to veiw and there was only one chair in our room and there was four of us. The free breakfast was well great if have kids other then that don't expect much in the way of food... The staff was nice and friendly but we wouldn't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms are horrible
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently went on a road trip from Springfield, Oregon to Los Angeles, California and stayed in quite a few hotels/motels. For a first night, this was really not a bad place nor a bad price. Be advised that this hotel is very basic. There isn't any A/C (I knew going in, so I brought a portable fan), no wi-fi (went down the street to McD's to use theirs) and the breakfast was just okay (didn't so much care as I just needed something to get on the road).

I read the reviews about not honoring coupons and this is true. The night I stayed they were over 75% full, but I booked my reservation online and they had to honor the deal I got through their website with their rewards program. Advice: book online before you go. Save time and money.

As for my stay, I really had no complaints. The woman who checked me in was kind and friendly. She laughed at all the confirmation reservations I had with me in my folder and told me I had booked at a good rate. Mostly families were staying there and I heard nothing all night; got a good night's sleep for my long drive the next day. The inn is close to the beach and pretty much everything (food, grocery stores, gas). I took a drive down to Pebble Beach before dinner and walked in the water.

The only real complaint I had had nothing to do with the hotel. There were a bunch of road workers staying there, getting drunk outside and being loud. I just went in my room and locked the door. Heard nothing after that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

thank you for taking the time to write us a review we enjoy hearing for our guests. we appreciate all of the advise we are given and take our guests opinion to heart so thank you again we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very friendly lady at front desk made us feel appreciated. No snoppers in parking lot for two night stay. Very quiet and THREE PILLOWS ohh yeah!! Clean huge rooms smells good! Best price I have paid for a room in California! All together best place to stay! Not a over statement either!

• Stayed: June 2013

we are very glad you had the three pillows that was an idea from a guest. thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Very disappointed. We had a VALID coupon for this hotel, and as a walk in, on a Friday night, we knew we were going to pay $5 more as it was the weekend. When we walked in office, the response was "No, we can't do that - the hotel is 75% full"
There is nowhere on the coupon, with valid dates, that stated this clause. So instead of getting the room for $58 as per the coupon we had to pay $85.
POOR MANAGEMENT!
This is our last ABV Inn.

Room Tip: Don't go there with coupons - they may not honour them!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Americas B, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your review. The Travel Guide Coupon Guide, does in fact, post a statement in the front of the book. It states that hotels can refuse coupons after a room capacity of %75. It also states that hotels may have different black out dates, etc. I am sorry if you did not see this and it should have been shown to you when you disputed the cost.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Nice clean, comfortable room; nice bathroom; fast Internet; didn't feel unsafe at this motel - it seemed quieter and safer than many I've stayed in. Friendly reception staff and big reception area, lots of room for continental breakfast folks. Recommended as inexpensive, but not fancy accomodation in Crescent City.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

First off, you never put two young female travelers with an out of state license plate in the furtherest room possible. Placed every person as far away from eachother as possible leaving each group isolated. My car was full of stuff (I am moving). There was a man who was scouting out the parking lot, walked past our room 4 times and an elderly couples room, looking in on what we had. When we closed the blindes i peaked out and he was staring into my car. Called police, did not feel safe, police established that person had no reason to be there. As we were leaving, after the police gave the OK to leave, two other people arrived to meet up with said person, started scouting again. NOT safe! THIS WAS NOT THEIR FIRST RODEO!! They were pro's and they knew exactly which rooms to scope out. They scoped out an old couples room and two young females rooms. They knew who was vulnerable and exactly which rooms they were in. Clearly an inside job!! If that isn't enough to convince you, it was dirty and definatly not cleaned!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends