“Don't Go There!”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Mukilteo, Washington
“Don't Go There!”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

After a very long travel day, and another ahead of us, we were looking for a simple stay and go place. Upon arrival, I asked to use the restroom in the lobby. The lobby was attractive and looked newly remodeled. When I went into the restroom it was dirty and had not been afforded the remodel. When I returned to the front desk, I asked if all of the rooms had been completed. He informed me, he had no idea. I stated, I would like to have a remodeled room. I am sensitive to smoking. He told me to check, when I went across the parking lot there was about 5 guyes, openly drinking beer, swearing, directly below our unit. When I opened the unit, it smelt horrible. When I went back to the front desk, I told him the room was unacceptable, and he shrugged his shoulders. I have tried repeatedly to work with Americas Best Value for a refund to no avail. Stay away and go to the Best Western in Town..

Room Tip: Ask if your getting a remodeled one
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jeanmarietrapp
Americas B, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
We are sorry that you did not like our facility. To address your review, The bathroom in the lobby is and was under remodel at the time of your stay, how ever do to being full we cannot do construction work all the time sorry if that was an inconvenience for you. We apologize that you arrived at the same time that our regulars were getting off work. they only sit outside of there rooms and visit for one hour then head in we apologize if this was unsettling to you. we are always doing our best to insure customer satisfaction. We hope that you will reconsider us in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've stayed at this motel four times now, and I'm beginning to wonder if I will return there next year. The basic room is nice, well set up for business. But the internet service was not as good as in year's past, the signal weak. In addition, the bathrooms continue to need to be upgraded, and even worse, the shower temperature runs (very) hot and cold depending on what people in other rooms are doing. Like other places, this motel also stopped serving decaf coffee this year, which is bad form. And although the cakes they serve for breakfast are as tasty and fresh as ever, they get cut thinner and thinner every year. For these reasons, I'm beginning to worry that this motel is getting worse rather than better, which is too bad because it otherwise has much to offer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
We are trying to improve our WI-fi we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are constantly upgrading our bathrooms during the slow seasons so as not to disturb the people that are here. Decaf coffee is still available upon request again sorry if our staff did not make that clear to you. The muffins that are served for our breakfast are cut in a way so as to prevent waste and guests are not limited as to how many they can have. We are open to suggestions for improvements and thank you for taking the time to help better serve you. We hope that you will continue to come back to our establishment.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 July 2013

The Night Auditor, who I called late while still on the road, was very cheerful and professional. Same goes for the front desk staff the morning after. I definitely felt like this hotel does a better than average job of hiring th right people, and training them well. Our room was pretty good for $90+, though it smelled of urine. This is why I stayed here, because I have two dogs, and I understand that not all owners are good about attending to their dogs. The hotel charges a $10 pet deposit per dog. My advice to the hotel is to spend that money on sealant under the carpet so the smell doesn't get into the concrete, and an effective enzyme to eat the bacteria, thus preventing the smell. A UV lamp will show you where dogs pee, typically at the door jambs near the bathroom, and this is where you apply the enzyme. With the windows open for a few minutes the scent vented out. Continental breakfast was good. Would give this place 4 stars if not for the reek of urine.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
We thank you for the suggestions we will look into your ideas and try them out we thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion. we thank you for your patronage and hope to see you again in the future.
Chico, California
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We ended up booking this hotel at the last minute... Read all the reviews ahead of time so pretty much knew we what we were getting paid for.... The bathroom was tiny and shower was small no tube so if you little ones don't say here. There is no a/c and the heater rattles when in use. But for the most part the room was clean. The flat screen tv is place in area that makes it hard for everyone to veiw and there was only one chair in our room and there was four of us. The free breakfast was well great if have kids other then that don't expect much in the way of food... The staff was nice and friendly but we wouldn't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms are horrible
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Springfield, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I recently went on a road trip from Springfield, Oregon to Los Angeles, California and stayed in quite a few hotels/motels. For a first night, this was really not a bad place nor a bad price. Be advised that this hotel is very basic. There isn't any A/C (I knew going in, so I brought a portable fan), no wi-fi (went down the street to McD's to use theirs) and the breakfast was just okay (didn't so much care as I just needed something to get on the road).

I read the reviews about not honoring coupons and this is true. The night I stayed they were over 75% full, but I booked my reservation online and they had to honor the deal I got through their website with their rewards program. Advice: book online before you go. Save time and money.

As for my stay, I really had no complaints. The woman who checked me in was kind and friendly. She laughed at all the confirmation reservations I had with me in my folder and told me I had booked at a good rate. Mostly families were staying there and I heard nothing all night; got a good night's sleep for my long drive the next day. The inn is close to the beach and pretty much everything (food, grocery stores, gas). I took a drive down to Pebble Beach before dinner and walked in the water.

The only real complaint I had had nothing to do with the hotel. There were a bunch of road workers staying there, getting drunk outside and being loud. I just went in my room and locked the door. Heard nothing after that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
thank you for taking the time to write us a review we enjoy hearing for our guests. we appreciate all of the advise we are given and take our guests opinion to heart so thank you again we hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very friendly lady at front desk made us feel appreciated. No snoppers in parking lot for two night stay. Very quiet and THREE PILLOWS ohh yeah!! Clean huge rooms smells good! Best price I have paid for a room in California! All together best place to stay! Not a over statement either!

• Stayed June 2013
we are very glad you had the three pillows that was an idea from a guest. thank you for the review, we hope to see you again soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Very disappointed. We had a VALID coupon for this hotel, and as a walk in, on a Friday night, we knew we were going to pay $5 more as it was the weekend. When we walked in office, the response was "No, we can't do that - the hotel is 75% full"
There is nowhere on the coupon, with valid dates, that stated this clause. So instead of getting the room for $58 as per the coupon we had to pay $85.
POOR MANAGEMENT!
This is our last ABV Inn.

Room Tip: Don't go there with coupons - they may not honour them!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Americas B, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for posting your review. The Travel Guide Coupon Guide, does in fact, post a statement in the front of the book. It states that hotels can refuse coupons after a room capacity of %75. It also states that hotels may have different black out dates, etc. I am sorry if you did not see this and it should have been shown to you when you disputed the cost.