“Great Start to a Long Trip”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed in March 2014. Nice hotel. As our dog was a few pounds over their limit they were very accommodating. Rooms are neat and clean. Very nice office staff. Enjoyed our stay. Beagle enjoyed it too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 04Kat2014

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The motel looks older, but looks like it has recently been painted and they were in the process of replacing the blacktop. This was my first America's Best Value Inn, and I enjoyed my stay. The furniture looked new and the room was quiet. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly and helpful with my queries. If I'm ever in the area again, I'd stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Friendly staff, very clean rooms. Quality of furnishings typical for type and price range.
Only complaint was room had no bathroom screen or shade. But overall much better than expected and will be staying there again soon when need to be in this town.

Room Tip: Corner room second floor avoided any smokers who smoked outside on the veranda - we had no smoke sme...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I read a lot of reviews before our trip and I did not have high expectations. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was better than I thought it would be. The room was clean and the beds/pillows were comfy. It had updated furniture and it was really handy having the fridge/microwave in the room. The fixtures in the bathroom were outdated, but the shower had great water pressure. I've read several reviews where people did not like the breakfast. I thought it was just fine... toast, English muffins, cereal, hard boiled eggs and fruit (along with oj, milk and coffee). I found a lot of the sit-down restaurants in town to be slightly overpriced, so it was great not having to worry about breakfast. My family stayed there for two nights and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Surprisingly large and well equipped room (#215) with a desk and a decent office chair. Had nothing to complain about, except the breakfast was limited. Wifi worked well.Staff was friendly and professional.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hans G B
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We spent 3 nites here. Thoroughly enjoyed our time in the Redwood country. When we arrived, Nicole checked us in, and was very helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious, everything was clean, and worked properly. The continental breakfast was about average for this priced accommodation. The beds were comfortable, although it seemed to me they were only doubles, not the queens they were advertised to be. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We booked 2 rooms, both were clean. One room did not have a fridge or microwave. No bathtubs, showers only. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was large Costco muffins, hard boiled eggs, cereals, breads for toasting, orange juice and coffee. This is not a Hilton. Don't get your hopes up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Americas B, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Any compliments are sincerely appreciated. Any critisisms and/or problems you may have had, are taken into account and rest assured, we work each day to make your next stay better.