“A lot better 15 years ago.”
Review of Los Compadres

Los Compadres
Ranked #18 of 54 Restaurants in Crescent City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've been eating at Los Compadres since the early 90's, before customer service became extinct. The last time I tried to eat here I called in an order to be picked up, and the young girl on the phone kept interrupting me and hung up before I was even done ordering. I didn't even bother going to pick up my food because I knew that it would be wrong. The time before that my meal was so overcooked I couldn't cut my cheese enchilada with a knife. It was like eating dried glue reheated in a microwave. The only flavor I tasted was grease. What happened?

Reviewed 21 October 2013

No extra spent on an interior decorator. Giant servings. Chile Colorado is soul satisfying. Chile verde will open clogged sinus passages. Clean and friendly

1  Thank karencaribe
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We liked its down home simple looks and gave it shot. Really great Mexican food at a very reasonable price, run by very nice folks. The flan is a total standout!

1  Thank hawknjaguar
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have Been Eating Here for years Until just recently.... There Food Is Usually Pretty good But the last few times Ive been Ive Spent @least $40 to $50 only to have Skimped me On the portion Size Meaning My Chili Verde Super Burrito hasn't been Very SUPER I can usually eat half and save the other half for later. I decided to Confront the manager On this Situation and she gave the Blankest Stare ever and proceeded to RUDELY Tell Me I was wrong and that It looks like Someones Eaten out Of it I was absolutely Beside Myself. The customer Is NOT Always right her at this establishment. NOT WORTH IT Ill be taking my money else Where

Reviewed 21 June 2013

After driving for many hours with no signs of real food stopping at the first place was ideal. When we pulled up the sign said "Mexican Cooking" this made me wonder what that meant? I was Leary but I went with it. Food is cooked to order so it took longer than desired. When it finally came it was amazing! Pretty close to authentic. It was home cooking....I recommend the crispy beef tacos, real fried tortillas. Meat is real good quality! Also, the burritos are enormous! Carne Asada was amazing! Go Here!

2  Thank Sonia E