“Excellent food in Crescent City”
Review of Vita Cucina

Vita Cucina
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Culinary Institute of America trained chefs/owners Devon & Michelle Morgante. We love to cook and bake everything from Michelle’s quiches, morning glory and bran muffins baked daily to my house cured and smoked pastrami, ham, turkey and bacon. We bake all of our own breads: focaccia for our turkey, Cuban, breakfast sandwiches and specials; I also bake what we call an artisan loaf which is slightly sour and a sour dough loaf that is made from a starter I created using blackberries from my backyard. The menu change weekly and reflects the cravings of the cooks. On Thursdays and Fridays nights after 4:00 pm we serve pizzas. Top your pizza pie with some of our homemade topping like: pesto, garlic white sauce, sausage (yes, I grind my own sausages), roasted garlic, roasted mushrooms, smoked chicken, roasted pork and locally made Rumiano cheese. Thank you for your time
Pistol River, Oregon
“Excellent food in Crescent City”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Someone told us about Vita Cucina so we thought we would give it a try. Our area is not known for its outstanding cuisine so we did not go in with great expectations. We popped in for breakfast a couple of days ago and were pleasantly surprised. (althought they told us we needed to come back and try the lunch too). I tried the breakfast sandwich and my husband had a turkey sandwich. These sandwiches were made on perhaps some of the best focaccia bread I have ever eaten. It was so fresh and light. The turkey sandwich, according to my husband, was excellent and he is very fussy about his sandwich meats. It had pesto and some sort of Italian aioli tomato sauce on it. My breakfast sandwich was also very good. The home cured bacon was definitely a treat.

We also had to try a goodie so we opted to buy a piece of their Blueberry/Lemon sour cream coffee cake. Yuuummmmy! Very good. We look forward to going back and trying other things - especially the pizza.

The price was reasonable and you could tell it was a family affair. We met one of the owners and her mother and her son....Very friendly place. You can tell they love what they do. We made note that a lot of customers came in to buy things during the 45 minutes or so that we were there. Definitely a place to eat in Crescent City.

• Visited April 2014

Vancouver
“Great baked goods and quiche!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our hotel recommended this place for pastries. We arrived ten minutes before opening but they had no trouble letting us in early. Cashier recommended the quiche which was outstanding as well as their coffee. For the road we picked up some great fresh fruit Danish, apple spice bread, and a "Ranger" cookie. We were offered coffees to go for the refill price (since we had already paid for cups with our quiche). All the pastries were superior to most and I would guess the best in town.

• Visited October 2013
“Great gourmet pizza and baked treats”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

I have lived in Crescent City for three years now and relied on this wonderful food. I'm leaving temporarily to work out of the area and chose the margarita pizza as my last meal here in Crescent City for a while. It's the best pizza I've ever had, including France and Italy. The baked goods, lunch sandwiches and soups are consistently superior. One cannot find anything this good anywhere else. I wonder if the earlier reviewer actually tried anything from the menu.

• Visited October 2013
Grants Pass, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What?”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Passed thru Crescent City and trip advisor said they are number one....so I stopped in. Wow....nuthing for lunch!! This little strip mall nook would be better occupied by a sandwich shop. A Jersy Mike's would kill in this town

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank john c
Devon M, Owner at Vita Cucina, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Sorry about your dinning experince. Our menu changes weekly and we do run out of menus. In light of your coments we are printing more menus and have made them visable from the front door. Now everyone coming in knows that we have a full menu as well as what is listed on the specials chalkboard.
Oregon
“Maybe we had bad timing. No selection.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My wife and I went here for lunch. Or not. They had really nothing at all to suit our tastes. Well, we don't like garlic soup. I don't remember what the soup was but it might as well have been garlic. The whole place smelled of strong garlic. No, we aren't Denny's type of people but had hoped to find a good deli here. We didn't.

Maybe they do better some days, otherwise I don't know how they stay in business unless somebody is pumping money into this place. I used to own a restaurant.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MountainBearOregon
Devon M, Owner at Vita Cucina, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the overpowering aroma. We do roast our mushrooms for our pizzas with garlic and I do roast garlic for our pizzas. Now when these items are being prepared our ventilation system will be on. And we have taken step to make our full menu available and more visible.